Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019 - Folha

Via translate:
Morrissey announces new album, 'California Son', for March 2019.
The album will have twelve tracks and was recorded by the same producer of The Strokes and U2.

João Perassolo
João Paulo Martins
SAO PAUILO
Singer-songwriter Morrissey, a former lead singer of the English band The Smiths , first laid out details of their new album, which will be released in March 2019.

In an interview with Folha , the British said that the album will be called "California Son" and will bring twelve songs written by a collection of American composers.

The album was produced by Joe Chicarelli - who has worked with names like The Strokes, U2 and Elton John - and recorded at the famous Sunset Sound studio in Los Angeles. "Joe brought in a lot of new musicians and we experimented with a lot of sounds. Everything went fantastically well and we are proud, "said the singer.
The album will feature the participation of singer Laura Pergolizzi, better known as LP, in two tracks. She has written songs for Rihanna and Christina Aguilera.

In April of this year, Morrissey announced on its website that it had completed recordings of a new single, also at Sunset Sound in Los Angeles.

It's "Back on the Chain Gang," written by Chrissie Hynde and recorded by The Pretenders in 1982. The song, which has been played live by Morrissey since 2017, is likely to be part of the new album.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/amp/i...disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019.shtml

Also via Bemparana (same story):
https://www.bemparana.com.br/noticia/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019
And Ricmais (same story):
https://ricmais.com.br/sc/noticias/morrissey-anuncia-novo-disco-california-son-para-marco-de-2019

You saw it here first with actual credited sources.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I think this is a good idea, and a terrible idea. Good that he's using different musicians, because let us face it: The band sounds like they're from the nineties. So it's awesome that he's COLLABORATING with new people. No offense to his back up band, I'm sure they're great people. But MIX IT UP MORRISSEY. Write new songs, with new musicians. Your voice really is the only thing that matters. With The Smiths, you had a back-up band that matched your talent. Joyce included. But you've never achieved that same success. TAKE A RISK. Get off your high horse, and find people that will challenge you, and you might be afraid of. Not just, spotlight on you, oh let's just hear some cheesy back-up band to play beneath you. I'll be honest, Morrissey, I've never been THAT impressed with your taste in music. Besides New York Dolls, it kinda (italic) sucks. The LAST thing we need right now is some lame album with your spin on some tired music. Shelve the idea, and write something new.

Yours fondly,

Clint.

I think this is a good idea, and a terrible idea. Good that he's using different musicians, because let us face it: The band sounds like they're from the nineties. So it's awesome that he's COLLABORATING with new people. No offense to his back up band, I'm sure they're great people. But MIX IT UP MORRISSEY. Write new songs, with new musicians. Your voice really is the only thing that matters. With The Smiths, you had a back-up band that matched your talent. Joyce included. But you've never achieved that same success. TAKE A RISK. Get off your high horse, and find people that will challenge you, and you might be afraid of. Not just, spotlight on you, oh let's just hear some cheesy back-up band to play beneath you. I'll be honest, Morrissey, I've never been THAT impressed with your taste in music. Besides New York Dolls, it kinda (italic) sucks. The LAST thing we need right now is some lame album with your spin on some tired music. Shelve the idea, and write something new.

Yours fondly,

Clint.

are you kidding? joyce marr and rourke cant play themselves out of a paper bag.

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom