11-22 St. Louis, MO - Peabody Opera House
11-25 Chicago, IL - Riviera Theater
11-28 Detroit, MI - The Fillmore Detroit
11-30 Washington, DC - The Anthem
12-02 New York, NY - Theatre at Madison Square Garden
12-04 Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
12-07 Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

^ with Billy Idol

Ticketmaster / Live Nation starting to show on sale dates for shows Sep. 29, pre-sales starting Sep. 25.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Image from Morrissey Official FB:

40800_2017_tour.jpg

Related item:

Last edited:
and what is the 'morrissey presale'....!

Philadelphia is standing room only.

And a smaller venue than the last couple of Philadelphia shows he’s played. 2500 max I believe. And a very small parking lot. Will be a madhouse unless they sell VIP early entrance tickets like they have for previous concerts.

And a smaller venue than the last couple of Philadelphia shows he’s played. 2500 max I believe. And a very small parking lot. Will be a madhouse unless they sell VIP early entrance tickets like they have for previous concerts.

I was hoping to grab a hotel and Uber to the show or have a close hotel drop us off. But if course you worry that he will cancel. Already been through the hassle of canceling travel plans for him before but will do it again if I have to.

' I'm talking about the list. (of the lost?)'

everybody's .....

'I don't get the fawning and bowing, or the at all costs thing.'

that's fine, maybe they don't get you.

'It's not healthy.'

for you or for them ?

for them? well... that's not for you to say.

'Although I fully agree that it's their life to ruin. In whatever way they choose.'

and yours to ruin in anyway you choose.

'Because you are one of his more vocal supporters on here, some would say to a point where he can do no wrong by you.'

well, when one is faced by an angry mob falsely accusing and judging you, wouldn't you like to see just one kind face in the crowd that is there for you ?

:tiphat:

You failed to answer the question though! We're going around in circles, and while I enjoy the conversation, all you are doing is parsing my words while refuting anything I could say. I could say that Morrissey has a tacky shirt, and you would come along and say -But is it a shirt at all? Maybe it's a blouse. Maybe it's more of a tunic. Perhaps you're just colorblind, and don't see the dazzling pattern as clearly as I! Did you design the shirt? Maybe he likes the shirt. Did you ever stop to think that maybe his great uncle left it to him in his will and he's wearing it in tribute! You don't know his motivations for wearing the shirt!

I speak of the list- because of tales of them scamming and ripping off others, behaving deplorably and ruining other people's concert experiences, and all around making tits of themselves. It doesn't seem like a healthy thing from any point of view to act that way to others for your own gains, whatever they may be.

I used to see a lot more examples of real-life community among Morrissey fans, and yes, I see people conversing and enjoying themselves at his shows, but I also see a lot of "more of a real fan than you" stuff going on. What makes a great fan? Rabid, aggressive devotion, or the ability to sing along with the majority of the songs? Militant obsession or kindness and community?

You failed to answer the question though! We're going around in circles, and while I enjoy the conversation, all you are doing is parsing my words while refuting anything I could say. I could say that Morrissey has a tacky shirt, and you would come along and say -But is it a shirt at all? Maybe it's a blouse. Maybe it's more of a tunic. Perhaps you're just colorblind, and don't see the dazzling pattern as clearly as I! Did you design the shirt? Maybe he likes the shirt. Did you ever stop to think that maybe his great uncle left it to him in his will and he's wearing it in tribute! You don't know his motivations for wearing the shirt!

I speak of the list- because of tales of them scamming and ripping off others, behaving deplorably and ruining other people's concert experiences, and all around making tits of themselves. It doesn't seem like a healthy thing from any point of view to act that way to others for your own gains, whatever they may be.

I used to see a lot more examples of real-life community among Morrissey fans, and yes, I see people conversing and enjoying themselves at his shows, but I also see a lot of "more of a real fan than you" stuff going on. What makes a great fan? Rabid, aggressive devotion, or the ability to sing along with the majority of the songs? Militant obsession or kindness and community?

'You failed to answer the question though!' I thought I generously answered your questions. You give your view, I give my view, opinions from both sides, and nothing changes.

'I speak of the list- because of tales of them scamming and ripping off others, behaving deplorably and ruining other people's concert experiences, and all around making tits of themselves. It doesn't seem like a healthy thing from any point of view to act that way to others for your own gains, whatever they may be.'

you didn't say that. From reading your posts, I thought you were commenting on fans who went out of their way to go to more than two shows or fans that enjoy themselves by being up front. That was my impression.

But now, you're bluntly saying those 'fans' that are talked about here and tales from that 'what M fans do you hate' thread.(I think you are?)

I don't follow that thread, and if you believe what these strangers are saying about other strangers, then I don't know what to say. If the tales are true, and if you believe the people in those tales are doing those things then yes I can see you would not look kindly upon such antics.

and now I'll kindly answer some questions you did pose...

'What makes a great fan?'

to me ? I don't know. Being a 'fan' could mean different things to different people.

The word 'fan' is easily used in a derogatory manner. But if a person is inspired by another person, and that person experiences the actions of another to the extent that it shapes their life in a positive way, I guess that would come closest to what I would like people to think when they hear the word 'fan'.

'Militant obsession or kindness and community?'

I guess someone might use one or the other as their definition of what being a fan is. I don't know.

I may use the word 'fan' here when talking about myself, but usually go out of my way to not use it. I never felt comfortable with it in the way that it's usually defined.

I'm a fan of life, but not all of the time. ;)

I agree with your version. I also agree with mine. I see it as cultish, obsessive, and exploitive (in both directions) as well. But then, these folks willingly go along, so it's their life. I just know if I were on my deathbed, I wouldn't cherish time spent in pursuit of such narrow focus. A bit like the movie Groundhog's day. Isn't that what it is, at the root? A wish to relive one's best day, and best feeling? I don't think such a thing is possible, and it seems like damaging nostalgia gone awry. But at least it isn't heroin, as far as addictions go.

'I wouldn't cherish time spent in pursuit of such narrow focus. A bit like the movie Groundhog's day. Isn't that what it is, at the root? A wish to relive one's best day, and best feeling? I don't think such a thing is possible, and it seems like damaging nostalgia gone awry.'

I did forget to comment on the above statement you made. All I want to say is... tell that to the haters on here that go on and on about a Smiths reunion ! :lbf:

'like' that ! Uncleskinny ! :cool:

Anonymous

Reckon Malibu Steve doing gigs in the Midwest and going half way to Brittin to Phillydelfia and NY?? Reckon not blood likely. This is a tossey inn nn it. What's next???..Pitsborg?

needs more shows to bring in a descent bounty...he's done gigs thru late december before.
bring on more SE coast dates...Florida awaits.
a south FL show in december, tens of thousnads of canadian snowbirds migrate here every year.
Just sayin' 2 birds one stone

needs more shows to bring in a descent bounty...he's done gigs thru late december before.
bring on more SE coast dates...Florida awaits.
a south FL show in december, tens of thousnads of canadian snowbirds migrate here every year.
Just sayin' 2 birds one stone

'2 birds one stone'
:(
please, watch your language.

Question, how much approximately would front row ticket for NY or philadelphia would be??

If you're looking on StubHub, I have paid $278 to $449 for a single seated front row ticket in Philadelphia, NJ or NY, from 2007 to 2016. You can play the waiting game and get a lower price if you want to take a chance and see if something remains unsold close to the show date.

Fillmore in Philadelphia is GA in December -- bundle up.

i think kindness and community makes someone a good fan, because all i know is when i watch klaus nomi videos and i see pages and pages of people saying beautiful things about klaus and not one mean comment my heart swells with joy that there are people out there who love him like i do. those are good fans. i dont question who loves him more, im just happy that they love him.

i think some of morrissey's die hard fans may be harbouring futile fantasies that theyll get some sort of attention from him by being obsessive die hard fans, that all of their efforts at following him around the globe are going to amount to something more than just following him around the globe ad nauseum. im sure julia must have somewhere in the back of her mind hoped for such a thing.

it reminds me of the story from cinema paradiso about the soldier who fell in love with a beautiful princess and she told him that if he waited under her balcony for 99 days at the end of it all she would be his. of course, the soldier knew that the princess could not keep her promise but still he waited because he was happy that for at least 99 days he could live under the belief that she was there waiting for him. of course, eventually, like the soldier, you have to stand up, take your chair and walk away.

'I wouldn't cherish time spent in pursuit of such narrow focus. A bit like the movie Groundhog's day. Isn't that what it is, at the root? A wish to relive one's best day, and best feeling? I don't think such a thing is possible, and it seems like damaging nostalgia gone awry.'

I did forget to comment on the above statement you made. All I want to say is... tell that to the haters on here that go on and on about a Smiths reunion ! :lbf:

'like' that ! Uncleskinny ! :cool:

The list- I do believe in many of the rumors, because I've seen some people acting completely awfully to others, yelling "You're in my spot! Move!" being verbally and sometimes physically violent and stuff along those lines.
But I digress- It's not my style to do what they do.

As for reunions? NO. I've seen several bands on their reunions, and not one of them were anything other than sad. Now if Moz & Marr reconciled their differences and wanted to pen some songs together, or play a stripped down show, sure. Why not? But if a Smiths reunion were to happen, even if hell froze over, and Mike Joyce was behind the throne, I would be thinking "But, that's not The Smiths." They were a moment in time, and transcended the sum of their parts. You can't recapture the past.

If you're looking on StubHub, I have paid $278 to $449 for a single seated front row ticket in Philadelphia, NJ or NY, from 2007 to 2016. You can play the waiting game and get a lower price if you want to take a chance and see if something remains unsold close to the show date.

Fillmore in Philadelphia is GA in December -- bundle up.
When people give in and buy from Stubhub, they support the financial rape of the consumer, and the notion that art is only for the highest bidder. I would rather stay home from any show than support legalized theft.

'2 birds one stone'
:(
please, watch your language.
apologies if i wrote anything offensive, without intent of doing so.
I meant canadians and south floridians(i) can catch a show.
please, im mid 50's, born and braised in miami. is it the bird or stone?
implying the killing of the birds? never stop learning.
thanks & sorry.
TC

i think some of morrissey's die hard fans may be harbouring futile fantasies that theyll get some sort of attention from him by being obsessive die hard fans, that all of their efforts at following him around the globe are going to amount to something more than just following him around the globe ad nauseum. im sure julia must have somewhere in the back of her mind hoped for such a thing.

I think that specifically through his relationship with Julia, where the superfan's website became the official internet presence , repeatedly chatting with her during concerts, giving her guest list spots, possibly songs written about her, etc- Morrissey has provided dangerous precedent where he encourages unstable/stalker behavior. You could make the argument that he, when viewed through the lens of his music obsessed youth, equates obsession with love. Autobiography makes it seem that way. Musicians as living holy relics and objects of veneration. I've wondered before if he has both saved and ruined lives over the course of his career.

I really want to hear Julia's story. If she wrote an honest account of her experiences, I would be first in line to buy it.

Tags
fillmore philadelphia tour.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom