Morrissey announces European & UK 2020 tour dates (Leeds, Cologne, Paris, London on sale Jan. 24)

First European Dates for 2020!

full

Posted by lutewhine (excerpt):

Press release just gone out ... here’s the bit about tour dates ...

———————
Now, as part of the next stage of Morrissey’s new album launch, two Morrissey UK arena concerts have been confirmed as well as dates in Cologne & Paris. The first UK date is at Leeds First Direct Arena on Friday, March 6th along with a second show set at The SSE Arena, Wembley in London on Saturday, March 14th. He also plays the Palladium Cologne on the 9th March and the Salle Pleyel in Paris on 11th March.

SJM Concerts will promote the dates. Ticket links and more show info can be found at www.gigsandtours.com, www.ticketmaster.co.uk or www.axs.com/uk.

Tickets to the shows will go on-sale to the public on Friday January 24th at 9am. An exclusive pre-sale will take place starting on Tuesday, January 21st at 9am for those fans who have pre-ordered the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album in advance through Townsend Music.

Pre-order information here; https://morrissey.lnk.to/albumstorePR

These new tour dates follow the critically acclaimed performances of Morrissey’s recent U.S. Tour in Autumn of 2019 with special guests Interpol.The 30 date tour drew large crowds and received rave reviews across the country.

This new limited run of shows, set to kick off the launch of the ‘I Am Not A Dog On A Chain’ album, promise to be not-to-be missed affairs if reaction to Morrissey’s 2019 U.S. dates is any indication. Press who covered the U.S. Autumn tour raved about the powerful performances as some of Morrissey’s best ever, while continually commenting on the strength of his “ageless” vocals.

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing the soundtrack for the new Woke Bond and taking the Hollywood dollar?

Hollywood is a sleazy toxic industry that Marr should not be supporting. Money isn't everything.

And the music industry is not a sleazy toxic industry? Why don't you admit that Morrissey would give his eye teeth to sing a James Bond theme song? I think he'd do a great job actually, and you all would be falling all over yourselves with fawning praise!

But he's reaping the Weinstein dollar.

Hardly ethical.

Hollywood is a cesspit.

But Marr may be surprised when his cheque bounces. Is anyone seriously going to pay to watch the new woke Bond?

Well seeing as they generally gross around 900 million dollars, there’s a strong possibility that a lot of people will go and see it.

Last edited:
Yes!!! I fully intend to support the Moz on this tour in defiance of the woke zombies that now presume to be running our culture.

62 euro Koln

Well seeing as they generally gross around 900 million dollars, there’s a strong possibility that a lot of people will go and see it.
It will be the first Bond to receive sycophantic praise from the press while flopping at the box office.

Just like all franchises that get woke - they go broke.

It will be the first Bond to receive sycophantic praise from the press while flopping at the box office.

Barbs is never going to let Bond be woke. It's big in places that have zero interest in first world problems, they want GLAMOUR & excitement.

And the music industry is not a sleazy toxic industry? Why don't you admit that Morrissey would give his eye teeth to sing a James Bond theme song? I think he'd do a great job actually, and you all would be falling all over yourselves with fawning praise!
Moz singing the latest Bond theme would actually be a reason to go to see it. That would mean three or four minutes worth watching. But other than that it sounds like an atrocious mutant bastardization of Bond. 007 has been emasculated and is suffering from fashionable woke anxiety and replaced in his role by an enormous butch woman of colour who looks like she beats up men for a living. Add a few anal-related Fleabag-esque wisecracks and a tantrum from Billie Eilish and we're done. Sounds great doesn't it?

We will see, personally I think it will just as big as any previous Bond films.

We will see, personally I think it will just as big as any previous Bond films.
In Britain the majority are sick and tired of being patronised with wokeness, so there's no way it will be a success over here.

They woked up Charlie's Angels recently. That worked didn't it. It flopped on both sides of the Atlantic. The tide is turning. Nobody's interested in being preached at.

I don't think we did know.

I've just found out that he was to play that place on the exact same date in 2018 during his cancelled/ postponed European tour, so it may be some old date still floating around. Or they do indeed plan a summer tour in Europe and it's coincidentally exactly on the same day as in 2018.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom