Morrissey and shyness - "Shrinking Violets" - a BBC4 Extra documentary

Just driven up from down South and on the way listened to this fascinating documentary on shyness. Talks about a lot of interesting historical figures, but also some more modern ones, and their struggle with shyness, including L.S Lowry, George Best, Bobby Charlton and Morrissey. Really good listen. Moz section begins at 49m 38s.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07s3jlp

UPDATE 3:15 PM PT:

Related link posted by Bluebirds:

Shrinking Violets by Joe Moran review – how to understand shyness - The Guardian
Is being shy a boon or a burden? Should it be fought against? This sparkling cultural history ranges from Jane Austen to Silicon Valley

Last edited by a moderator:
The onus is not on me to prove that Michael Jackson is innocent. Everyone apart from a few deranged fans accepts that he fondled young boys. I can't even be arsed to provide a link, there's just so much out there.

Now do one you clown.
This is an interesting article from 2005 about Gavin Arvizo from 'The Telegraph' (which is a major national newspaper in the UK). The article is titled "Teenager admits saying Jackson did not molest him" see link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...admits-saying-Jackson-did-not-molest-him.html I had already posted this link before in a previous post on this thread. Please refer back to my previous post.

Michael Jackson was acquitted of all charges made against him after a very public, long, drawn-out 5 month trial in 2005 which almost destroyed him! Michael Jackson was never the same again after that trial. MJ was found not guilty on all 10 counts (there were actually 14 counts in total he was also found not guilty of those 4 extra counts). See this link for more info about the 2005 Michael Jackson trial: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Michael_Jackson

Yes Michael Jackson did give a payout to Evan Chandler who received a $22 million out of court settlement in the Jordan ('Jordy') Chandler case. The late Evan Chandler was the father of Jordan Chandler. Evan Chandler was very jealous of Michael Jackson and wanted to ruin him. Michael later regretted doing the payout as it made him look guilty even though he was innocent. The reason Michael Jackson did the payout at the time was because he wanted the whole situation to be finished with without a lengthy public court case. Evan Chandler accepted the money and that was the end of it. If you refer back to my previous post I go into more detail about that case.

There were only two accusations of child molestation in Michael Jackson's lifetime they were Jordan ('Jordy') Chandler in 1993 and then later cancer survivor Gavin Arvizo in the 2005 trial. It is true Michael Jackson helped cure Gavin Arvizo of cancer! The build-up to the 2005 trial actually started back in 2003 when Martin Bashir's manipulative documentary "Living with Michael Jackson" was first broadcast.

The only other accusation of child molestation in Michael Jackson's lifetime was to do with his former maid, Blanca Francia, who alleged that she "quit in disgust" after seeing Michael Jackson in a shower with a child, but did not inform the police. It later emerged that Blanca Francia was actually fired in 1991, but nevertheless sold her story to 'Hard Copy' for $20,000! Blanca Francia had an axe to grind with MJ for being fired. On 4th November 1993 and 24th March 1994 Blanca Francia’s son, Jason Francia, was interviewed by police over claims that he may have been abused by Michael Jackson. MJ was never indicted of these charges which came just after the Jordan ('Jordy') Chandler trial had collapsed. In December 1994, Blanca Francia attempted to sue Michael Jackson for the alleged molestation, it was settled out of court with the former maid receiving $2 million in damages that were paid out between 1996 and 1998.

Michael Jackson sadly died in 2009, his death was ruled as homicide or manslaughter, he was just 50 years old. :tears: In 2013, Wade Robson stated Michael Jackson had sexually abused him as a child, and he attempted to sue the Michael Jackson estate. However, Wade Robson testified in Michael Jackson's defense at MJ's trial in 2005! In 2014, James ('Jimmy') Safechuck also stated Michael Jackson had sexually abused him as a child, and he also attempted to sue the Michael Jackson estate. However, Jimmy Safechuck also testified in Michael Jackson's defense at MJ's trial in 2005!

Why did Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck change their stories after MJ died? My guess is it was to do with them wanting to get money from the Michael Jackson estate. Thankfully their cases were both dismissed in the end, I think because at lot of time has passed from when they claimed the abuse happened.

The FBI monitored Michael Jackson for more than a decade, but his files contain no major revelations about his private life and the bureau apparently never developed any solid evidence against him. In about 2004, the Santa Maria Police Department in Santa Barbara County, California asked for FBI "involvement" after Michael Jackson was arrested for child molestation in November 2003. Police, according to the FBI, said they believed the court case would be a "soft target" for terrorism because of the "worldwide media coverage" the trial would attract. Some of Michael Jackson's FBI files were released to the public after his death in 2009 see link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266333/michael-jacksons-fbi-files-released

Michael Jackson was a victim of child abuse himself when he was child. Yet this was never addressed during the 2005 trial! The true victim was Michael Jackson. Michael Jackson was against all forms of child abuse and neglect and he fought against it all his adult life. Michael Jackson cared so much for children. MJ was the complete opposite of a child abuser! A court appointed clinical and forensic psychologist called Dr. Stan Katz evaluated MJ, he said that he did not fit the profile of a pedophile at all but that of a regressed adult at the 10 year old level! Michael Jackson had some childlike qualities, he didn't really have a childhood himself because he was always working in the Jackson 5 , he was a child star and he was quite isolated from other children his own age apart from his siblings. Neverland Ranch was a really beautiful place and it wasn't just for MJ himself to enjoy but for children from all backgrounds, anyone young at heart, MJ's beloved fans, MJ's family & friends and for adults who had experienced bad childhoods like the late author Jennings Michael Burch who died in 2013. "Neverland" was ruined by the police when they raided the place, it was no longer safe for MJ and his three children to live there which was why they left in 2005 after the trial was over. MJ was childlike in some ways but also highly intelligent, knowledgeable, spiritual, wise, sensitive, selfless, shy, humble, loving, kind, caring, thoughtful, fun, generous to a fault, gifted and he was a creative and artistic genius. MJ was emotionally stronger than people thought but he was also vulnerable, naive in some ways, meek and could be taken advantage of. MJ had a great sense of humour, he was very hardworking, professional and he was a perfectionist. MJ also had a social conscience and he cared deeply about the world, he did a huge amount of charity work and he wanted to help others who were less fortunate than himself.

Michael Jackson was philanthropist and humanitarian. Michael Jackson cared about environmental issues, children, the poor, sick and homeless, animals, the elderly, HIV/AIDS, Africa, prejudice, racism and all kinds of issues! Michael Jackson believed in peace and love NOT in war and hatred. Please see this website called "The Silenced Truth" for more information about all his charitable works: ttp://www.thesilencedtruth.com/index.php

Last edited:
This is an interesting article from 2005 about Gavin Arvizo from 'The Telegraph' (which is a major national newspaper in the UK). The article is titled "Teenager admits saying Jackson did not molest him" see link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...admits-saying-Jackson-did-not-molest-him.html I had already posted this link before in a previous post on this thread. Please refer back to my previous post.

Michael Jackson was acquitted found not guilty on all counts after a long, drawn-out trial in 2005 which almost destroyed him. See this link for more info about the 2005 Michael Jackson trial: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Michael_Jackson

Yes Michael Jackson did give a payout to Evan Chandler in the Jordan ('Jordy') Chandler case. The late Evan Chandler was the father of Jordan Chandler. Michael later regretted doing the payout as it made him look guilty even though he was innocent. The reason Michael Jackson did the payout at the time was because he wanted the whole situation to be finished with without a lengthy public court case. Evan Chandler accepted the money and that was the end of it. If you refer back to my previous post I go into more detail about that case.

There were only two accusations of child molestation in Michael Jackson's lifetime they were Jordan Chandler in 1993 and then later cancer survivor Gavin Arvizo in the 2005 trial. It is true Michael Jackson helped cure Gavin Arvizo of cancer! The build-up to the 2005 trial actually started in 2003 when Martin Bashir's manipulative documentary "Living with Michael Jackson" was first broadcast.

The only other accusation of child molestation in Michael Jackson's lifetime was to do with his former maid, Blanca Francia, who alleged that she "quit in disgust" after seeing Michael Jackson in a shower with a child, but did not inform the police. It later emerged that Blanca Francia was actually fired in 1991, but nevertheless sold her story to 'Hard Copy' for $20,000! Blanca Francia had an axe to grind with MJ for being fired. On 4th November 1993 and 24th March 1994 Blanca Francia’s son, Jason Francia, was interviewed by police over claims that he may have been abused by Michael Jackson. MJ was never indicted of these charges which came just after the Jordan ('Jordy') Chandler trial had collapsed. In December 1994, Blanca Francia attempted to sue Michael Jackson for the alleged molestation, it was settled out of court with the former maid receiving $2 million in damages that were paid out between 1996 and 1998.

Michael Jackson died in 2009 his death was ruled as homicide or manslaughter he was just 50 years old. In 2013, Wade Robson stated Michael Jackson had sexually abused him as a child, and he attempted to sue the Michael Jackson estate. However, Wade Robson testified in Michael Jackson's defense at MJ's trial in 2005. In 2014, James ('Jimmy') Safechuck also stated Michael Jackson had sexually abused him as a child, and he also attempted to sue the Michael Jackson estate. However, Jimmy Safechuck also testified in Michael Jackson's defense at MJ's trial in 2005.

Why did Wade Robson and Jimmy Safechuck change their stories after MJ died, my guess is it was to do with trying to get money from the Michael Jackson estate. Thankfully both their cases were dismissed in the end, I think because at lot of time has passed from when they claimed the abuse happened.

The FBI monitored Michael Jackson for more than a decade, but his files contain no major revelations about his private life and the bureau apparently never developed any solid evidence against him. In 2004, the Santa Maria Police Department in California asked for FBI "involvement" after Michael Jackson was arrested for child molestation. Police, according to the FBI, said they believed the court case would be a "soft target" for terrorism because of the "worldwide media coverage" the trial would attract. Some of Michael Jackson's FBI files were released to the public after his death in 2009 see link: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266333/michael-jacksons-fbi-files-released

Hey Andrea. Why don't you tell everyone about how you stalked Andy Rourke and the courts and police got involved?

age is a great leveller,shyness certainly dies down as you get older though some people never really get over it.strange how singers and actors can be shy yet their job is the total opposite,someone like bryan ferry who exudes style and elegance and yet can hardly maintain a conversation with an interviewer.

I am nearly Morrissey's age and shyer now than I was when younger. It never goes away. The best you can do is learn to accept it and live with it.

A cooling off period? For what exactly? LOL Don't flatter yourself. <3

Funny you keep track of what time exactly you received a rating. And how long people take to reply. Maybe you should get out more, just a suggestion. LOLLOLOL *heart*

The onus is not on me to prove that Jackson is innocent. Everyone apart from a few deranged stans accepts that he fondled young boys. I can't even be arsed to provide a link, there's just so much out there.

Now do one you clown.
i know when i received the rating from you because it was IMMEDIATELY after i posted my reply. obviously i would be online at the same time as i post a reply, lol. it's not rocket science (although i should point out that this is the 21st century, yo-- there are all kinds of ways to be 'out' while also being online. although to be fair, i do waste too much time here :o)

everyone believes he's a child molestor huh? well maybe that's a reflection of the sad state of the world, that people just believe any sordid thing they've been told about someone who has done more to help people than most people will ever do in their lifetime. what basis do these clowns (lololol) have to believe that he fondled boys? the tabloid reports, the rumours--neither of which has ever been good reason to believe anything; but people nonetheless jump all over it, because, like you, they want to believe it, unaware of the grim indictment they've brought upon their own character for doing so. sad state of affairs all around. now, i could write more but i dont really feel like talking about michael jackson anymore, to be honest.

"now do one you clown".. "now do one you clown"... haha! oh wow. no need to be so angry, friend. this is just a friendly chat we're having. <3

LOL When I logged on just now my "alerts" thingie exploded with troll and "redundant" ratings from Rifke (even just for friendly chit chat with other posters in other threads).

So honoured I'm your latest target.

You obviously need to have the last word, so I'll let you have it.

I'm off on a wee vacation to Mykonos with my man who I haven't seen in six weeks.

Smell ya x

Quando quando quando please unfollow me.

LOL When I logged on just now my "alerts" thingie exploded with troll and "redundant" ratings from Rifke (even just for friendly chit chat with other posters in other threads).

So honoured I'm your latest target.

You obviously need to have the last word, so I'll let you have it.

I'm off on a wee vacation to Mykonos with my man who I haven't seen in six weeks.

Smell ya x

Quando quando quando please unfollow me.

Okay, I will. But I like your posts! :squiffy:

profound. i know i always reference taylor none-too-swift when i have a point to make. unfortunately your spokesperson taylor does not possess the ability to see into the future; nor is there a divine law saying what does or does not become of "mean" people--which is why taylor none-too-swifts music is written for 10 year olds: because only 10 year olds would actually believe that there is.

also, i love how taylor swift always pretends like she's not the most petty person on earth.

also, i dont understand why people think she's so great looking. i really dislike her face.

profound. i know i always reference taylor none-too-swift when i have a point to make. unfortunately your spokesperson taylor does not possess the ability to see into the future; nor is there a divine law saying what does or does not become of "mean" people--which is why taylor none-too-swifts music is written for 10 year olds: because only 10 year olds would actually believe that there is.

Can't talk your way out of this one Rikski, you are mean, no bones about it. That video had 141 Million views and she can play the banjo which isn't easy. Not my fav artist but she has talent, i think she is in her twenties to boot.

Can't talk your way out of this one Rikski, you are mean, no bones about it.
care factor: zero, little buddy

That video had 141 Million views and she can play the banjo which isn't easy. Not my fav artist but she has talent, i think she is in her twenties to boot.

if you supply me with the number of years that video has been posted to youtube i will happily work out for you how many times it takes x number of 9-11 year olds to view the video each year to get it up to 141 million views (math is another one of my talents *smug*). i doubt it will be that impressive. i mean, there's nothing really impressive about a 9 year old watching a video everyday for a year (which is certainly possible, i'm pretty sure i watched labyrinth every day for a year when i was nine) is there?

So many people have called out Rifke on her nastiness.

Anyone who isn't a complete psychopath would ask herself by now...maybe they've got a point?

Not Rifke.

She displays her nastiness like a badge of honor.

If Morrissey did indeed read the comments here Rifke would be the last person he'd choose to hang out with. He'd probably prefer to go blazer shopping with Starbucks boy

If Morrissey did indeed read the comments here Rifke would be the last person he'd choose to hang out with. He'd probably prefer to go blazer shopping with Starbucks boy

Depends on his styling sense. :cool:
I'd gave her a bigger chance because of her strict idea on what type of blazer he should try on. :brows:
I know he would like that.
And do you really think he would care about 1 syllable she's written here?
I am not defending her, she doesn't need me too. She can perfectly take care of her own.

So many people have called out Rifke on her nastiness.

Anyone who isn't a complete psychopath would ask herself by now...maybe they've got a point?

Not Rifke.

She displays her nastiness like a badge of honor.
is this 12" on the slack? lol! wouldn't be surprised!

oh please, im not that mean. im only mean half the time. there are lots of people who are mean here, mean in different ways. i find people who completely--either purposely or through stupidity--misinterpret posts to be rather offensive, myself. the difference between me and the rest of the mean people here is that i know when im being mean, and im always willing to change and be nice, as soon as the person in question stops being a drip or a jackass or whatever. you, or whoever, felt the need to respond with that taylor swift song because i asked 12"etc if he thought "it was christmas". sure, he might not have found the response to his liking (lol), but ask yourself: is that really mean? of course not.

p.s. i've had that stupid taylor swift song stuck in my head the whole day. who's the mean one now? *pout*

oh, and just in case in you were wondering.... no, you cant sit with us.

well that works out well because i've lost the lust for blazer shopping and now have my sights set on washing his kitchen floor. so hmph.

although sometimes i do worry that i've disappointed him... but then i remember that he doesnt give a f*** if he disappoints people so why should i?

is this 12" on the slack? lol! wouldn't be surprised!

oh please, im not that mean. im only mean half the time. there are lots of people who are mean here, mean in different ways. i find people who completely--either purposely or through stupidity--misinterpret posts to be rather offensive, myself. the difference between me and the rest of the mean people here is that i know when im being mean, and im always willing to change and be nice, as soon as the person in question stops being a drip or a jackass or whatever. you, or whoever, felt the need to respond with that taylor swift song because i asked 12"etc if he thought "it was christmas". sure, he might not have found the response to his liking (lol), but ask yourself: is that really mean? of course not.

p.s. i've had that stupid taylor swift song stuck in my head the whole day. who's the mean one now? *pout*

oh, and just in case in you were wondering.... no, you cant sit with us.

You really believe you are witty and have witty insults and comebacks, don’t you, you verbose arsebiscuit. You really think that Christmas thing was witty and I should be bothered. Maybe you take yourself a bit too seriously? LOL *heart*

You bang on about your great wit so much you seem to be the one who needs convincing the most.

You pride yourself on “being a gay man in a woman’s body”. Well, you’re not that kind of witty, you’re not that kind of bitchy. I’m afraid you’re just “I’m-a-stupid-c***-me” bitchy.

Look at who your “friends” here are, countthree and Midnite. That’s like having the village idiot and the drunk from the bus stop as your best friends.

We don’t want to sit with you.

LOL *heart* <3 <3 <3

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom