Morrissey and his links to paedophiles? - thecolemanexperience

Re: Morrissey and his links to paedophiles?

It's a ridiculous thread and article but credit davidt for lettin it stay up, the amount of times I've seen him caned on here (by you members) for picking and choosing what stories/topics get shown, calling him a hypocrite and what not. He can't do right can he?

But why choose to link to a 'ridiculous thread and article' in the first place? There is no credit in that at all. How would you feel if you were Morrissey and you read that 'headline' on a 'fan site' news page?

I promoted the item not as news but as something of interest but I know the mention of the topic upsets some people. A site is making some links, in light of the recent Cliff Richard connection. Make what you want out of it or ignore it, I am glad you can easily dismiss it.

The author of this article is doing more than merely "making links". As I pointed out, illustrating the connections between Morrissey and Richard wouldn't be so objectionable in and of itself, but the author takes it much further by using those connections as evidence that Morrissey must be a kiddie diddler. That is the entire basis of the blog post.

To say the argument is predicated on tremendously flawed reasoning would be an understatement to say the least, and it's borderline defamation. I can't see how this article would be of interest to anyone except the most stringent Morrissey haters with prurient interests. Your response seems to suggest that not every reader will find this little "exposé" so easy to dismiss; maybe that's true if they're prone to apophenia. But really, this is a garbage conspiracy theory, and a disgusting one at that.

Last edited:

"Strangely, this statement has meant that all previous references to Morrissey and paedophile scandals on Google- search have been erased and only the meat-related articles remain." (From the link.)

Anybody know what this is referring to, or is it just slanderous claptrap?

But why choose to link to a 'ridiculous thread and article' in the first place? There is no credit in that at all. How would you feel if you were Morrissey and you read that 'headline' on a 'fan site' news page?

You can't start drawing lines in the sand, either 100% freedom of speech or shut the site down. It's a nothing thread, it's ridiculous and should be treated as such, ignored or laughed off. The reaction from you guys is making it into a story in itself, should be ashamed really.

This post is plain obscene, link or not. You can defend it if you like in the name of free speech or objective coverage, but the reality is that this is just wrong. Take it down David T.

The complete lack of logic the site uses reduces the ideas to the inane ramblings of someone with dementia. THese aren't "ideas" that we may find upsetting, it's just plain slander. Add to that an anonymous person found the article (really?) with the lead off that the ideas are "enlightening?" It shouldn't even be put on the table to discuss. It isn't an article writen by a writer, the ideas formed are not cohesive, wouldn't pass a sixth grade essay test. It's not news. Are we next going to ideate on all the twitter hateposts that mention Morrissey's name?

Libel. :lbf:

This should be removed immediately. Absoulutley appalling. I am not surprised Morrissey hates this site.

Cliff Richard hasn't been arrested for anything yet, let alone convicted of anything. We don't even know what the police were looking for at his place. Yet the writer of that site clearly thinks he's guilty of all manner of horrible crimes.
The funniest thing is that he seems to think Morrissey collapsed and had a bout of illness recently *because of what he said*. The man is a narcissistic mentalist who is clearly beyond help. Why fan the flames of his ego by posting links to his site or, even worse, commenting on his site?
It's a rabbit hole that Davidt has just opened up to all Morrissey fans who read this site, giving the nutter lots of publicity and furthering his hysteria.
It's just wrong, David. Have some decency, please.

I rate this site so highly - and appreciate everything you do consistently - but please withdraw this article. It may have a tenuous Morrissey connection, but its presence is personally damaging to you, and you don't deserve it after all you have done.

p.s. this doesn't mean that I'm not slightly torn by your decision to let it stand in defiance of critics who complain about everything you post...

This. And while you stand by your "I'm the objective messeneger!" claim, keep in the mind that if you step away from that role for a moment and look at it from afar, promoting this post shows your cards. Whether you are or aren't, it makes you look like you're in it to talk shit about Morrissey. This isn't news, these "links" as you call them couldn't be substantiated in the same court you call upon to uphold your free speech.

Promoting this link as 'Morrissey News' on Solo comes across simply as blatant trolling.

You can't start drawing lines in the sand, either 100% freedom of speech or shut the site down. It's a nothing thread, it's ridiculous and should be treated as such, ignored or laughed off. The reaction from you guys is making it into a story in itself, should be ashamed really.
As far as I can tell, no one is asking for censorship. The objection is not that the link was posted or allowed on the forums, it's that it was deemed significant enough to be promoted to the main page.

And DavidT wonders why Morrissey dislikes him so much. "I just make a simple mistake!" Is basically what you told me last time. Is this just another "mistake"? For f***'s sake David, give it a rest. Why post this absolute shit? "Oh it might be interesting to some people". f***'s sake dude. Find a bit of credibility and dignity.

I regret to say this but......Sooooooooooooooooo Low

Cheers Moz

This should be removed immediately. Absoulutley appalling. I am not surprised Morrissey hates this site.
And so should the thread about Vauxhall being better than smiths albums

"Strangely, this statement has meant that all previous references to Morrissey and paedophile scandals on Google- search have been erased and only the meat-related articles remain." (From the link.)

Anybody know what this is referring to, or is it just slanderous claptrap?

He's a complete mentalist. He not only thinks his blog resulted in Morrissey's recent illness but also thinks he has the power to force someone (who exactly???) to remove all mentions on google of Morrissey and some mythical bollocks that only exists in his demented imagination.

I've long respected davidt's commitment to posting news about Morrissey, whether it be good, bad or indifferent but I must side with the majority here and say that sticking that headline on the main page is in poor judgement.

It's unsubstantiated and inflammatory and with the billboard news about his contract dropping today I'd expect some of the press to be dropping by to see fan reactions, now they're going to see that and they'll run with it.

Please take it down davidt; nothing good can come of it.

You don't read ideas, you read words. That's because you are a f***ing idiot robot. Glom, glom, glom. :lbf:

I promoted the item not as news but as something of interest but I know the mention of the topic upsets some people. A site is making some links, in light of the recent Cliff Richard connection. Make what you want out of it or ignore it, I am glad you can easily dismiss it.

f*** YOU!

I'll see you in the next Morrissey gig, wait... YOU ARE BANNED FOR LIFE!

And so should the thread about Vauxhall being better than smiths albums

I realise you're an old geezer (you posted something revealing your advanced age some time ago) pretending to be a juvenile, but you're not that thick. The comparison is not the same.
If some sprayed 'paedophile' on your house, I'm sure you wouldn't think it was fair comment and leave it there. Unless you are a kiddy diddling c***?

As phenomenally idiotic as that blog is, my (and many others') issue here is not with the fact that it was allowed to be posted in the forums, but with Davidt's decision to put it to the main page. There is a vast difference between allowing all forum posts to remain and specifically choosing to promote certain ones to the main page. It IS ridiculous and should be treated as such—we agree on that! Davidt, however, thinks it's valuable to the point of making it a top story on the front page of the site. THAT is the distinction.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom