Morrissey accuses the haters of being jealous of Israel - Israellycool.com

Morrissey: Israel haters are just ‘jealous’ of the country - The Jewish Chronicle
New Morrissey song 'Israel' openly takes critics of the Jewish state to task - while a second song on his new album makes reference to a Holocaust related theatre production

Pop icon Morrissey has accused those who "rain abuse" on Israel of doing so because they are "jealous" of the country.

In the lyrics of his new song entitled Israel the former Smiths frontman also accuses unnamed enemies of wanting to instil their own “dark sky” on the Jewish state.

The near six-minute long pro-Zionist ballad is the closing track on Morrissey's new album Low In High School.

In typically hard-hitting fashion, the singer, who has regularly performed concerts in Tel Aviv, sings: “In other climes they bitch and whine/Just because you are not like them - Israel, Israel".

Referencing Israel’s critics, he adds: “And they who rain abuse upon you – they are jealous of you as well”.

Elsewhere in the song Morrissey appears to take issue with non-Jewish religious-based criticism of Israel, referring to "virgin priests”, perhaps a nod to his own uncomfortable Catholic upbringing.

Morrissey also attempts to avoid accusations of becoming an apologist for excessive Israeli military actions, suggesting he "can't answer" for army matters.

Israel is not the only track in which Morrissey deals with Jewish-related themes on the new album.

On a song called The Girl From Tel Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel, the star pays homage to the theatrical production of the same name based on the diaries of Etty Hillesum, who was murdered in Auschwitz in 1943.

Morrissey’s positive stance on Israel stretches back over a decade –he once appeared on stage in Tel Aviv draped in an Israeli flag.

In 2008 he ignored calls by BDS campaigners to pull out of a concert there and ended a show saying: “God bless Israel”. He also appeared in a video with the word “Israel” tattooed on his forearm in Hebrew.

In 2012 Morrissey was given a key to the city of Tel Aviv by Mayor Ron Huldai . "I have become a small face of Tel Aviv. I will be very happy to represent with integrity and loyalty,” the singer said.

He also once attacked political critics for blaming the entire population of Israel for the election of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

But Morrissey has also drawn criticism for seemingly adopting chauvinistic views of non-white cultures in recent years.

His new album, which is his first since 2014, is out on November 17.

Also:

Morrissey accuses the haters of being jealous of Israel - Israellycool.com
By Aussie Dave.

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palestinian children shelled? That's all
Very well, but would you
Please tell the children to keep their screams
Down low?
Because they're disturbing
The Gay Pride Parade in Tel Aviv

you have just proved - most people keep their brains between their legs

Sorry to disagree. Bad politicians are "against love". Good politics can avoid conflicts and wars, help to rise the standards of living of a society, unify a group of people to reach common goals.

I'm not a politician, but I understand that if good people think politics is a bad thing crooks occupy their places and they can produce social disasters, like putting a country on the brink of war or dividing a society through hate.

I don't buy the idea that politics is a bad thing because the ones interested in selling it want to keep honest people out of their dirty businesses, which in fact are our common businesses, the res publicae.

No one is so powerful or rich to be out of reach of the consequences of bad politics. Being a human being, you can't afford to ignore it.

If there is a conflict of interest, believe me, "good politicians" can also turn into bad politicians. Key factor is money. Don't believe in politics. Listen to your heart ;). You can do good things and prevent damage with good politics, I truly agree. But "who sells" it :paranoid: ?

See live feeds about wars still going on, missiles, planes, death children all over the world... Nothing good. Only the bad news. Just because ppl tends to choose demagogs rather than wise men.

For example MLK was a honest, peaceful, kind and devoted man. Why ? Because he had nothing to do with money (since he was not a "politician"). Just a solid man with his only heart, not his big wallet. Politics just sucks, brother.

Cindy Love.

and what if his music is about politics ?
Then it becomes as boring at latter-day Lou Reed records. Controversial for the wrong reasons, as age strips away the lyricism to leave just the bare rock of curmudgeonry. (Having said that, I liked most of WPINOYB and the songs I heard off LIHS are OK too.)

Wonder if Morrissey knows or cares that the Zionists murdered hundreds of British soldiers and policemen in the 1940s after we'd saved their arses from Hitler.

Jealousy? Absolutely clueless.

Wit, she actually just said the British Occupiers of Palestine saved Jews's arses from Hitler?? She actually just said that!!

We saved thousands of their kids pre war and we liberated concentration camps. I realise the Red Army did the bulk of it. Tell me where I'm incorrect?

The Zionists targeted kids for murder in the last Gaza 'conflict' and they blew 500 of them to bits, the disgusting racist scum. You want to sing for them Morrissey? You snake bastard.

Wonder if Morrissey knows or cares that the Zionists murdered hundreds of British soldiers and policemen in the 1940s after we'd saved their arses from Hitler.

Jealousy? Absolutely clueless.

saved arses from Hitler? who saved anyone from Hitler? the rest of the earth was happy to send the Jews to the gas chambers if it meant those Nazis would not harm them, and what was Britain doing in that land? if the British did not ban the Jews from coming to the land of Israel there would have been no genocide in Europe

In 2008 he ignored calls by BDS campaigners to pull out of a concert there and ended a show saying: “God bless Israel”. He also appeared in a video with the word “Israel” tattooed on his forearm in Hebrew.

Ugh, this is all so disappointing and sad. I have much respect for artists who won’t play in Israel... remember Sun City?

'New Jerusalem' - Killing Joke

https://bdsmovement.net/

Last edited:
Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom