Morrissey A-Z: "Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference"

A lovely little b-side and a deliberate nod to Sparks:

It was doubtless written very quickly, but it's also very likeable.

In the poll on the Hoffman board it ranked 169th from 264 solo songs.

Apropos, Martin Gore of Depeche Mode does a nice cover of this great song

This was a bit of an acquired taste for me... at the time I much prefered songs like Interesting Drug and Last of the Famous... but I've really come to appreciate the brilliance of this song. 9/10

Oh yes, and on the YA tour, the transition from this song to My Insatiable One was sublime.

Indeed it was - but I preferred the melding of Such A Little Thing and I Know It's Going To Happen Someday as on Beethoven Was Deaf. Two really stellar renditions. It was a treat all those years later to hear the song performed in full on the Quarry tour and captured on Who Put The M. Mikey Farrell's keyboards really did make a big difference.

Rourke and Joyce were in lock-step on the original - they were still cooking, post-Smiths.

Indeed, such a little song makes such a big differenc.
Especially on bad days when it can lift your mood and provide some consolation.
The phrase « Some people keep their brain between their legs » really makes me laugh.

Yet another pop masterpiece. I can not explain how much this song means to me. It reminds of being 18-19 years old, finally being able to see myself in the music I listen to. The 2004 versions are my favorites.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom