Morrissey A-Z: "Scandinavia"

One of his only bad songs.

Anything more left to say about rimming or Scandinavia in general or can we turn our attention to La Dodwell's new blog entry celebrating 29 years of "Your arse n' all"?

Eureka! Perhaps Scandinavia is simply about Morrissey's love of Nordic Noir? This would explain some of the ambiguous lines...

GO SEE ON YOUTUBE THE RECORDING OF SCANDINAVIA ,WHERE BEFORE SINGING MOZ AND DAMON HAVE FUN,IT IS VERY FUNNY :hearteyes: :hearteyes: :p EXCELLENT SONG MOZZZZZZ DE 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surprised by how many folk like this one. Though not as bad as the last two covers reviewed. Scandinavia, it has it’s moments. Boz went over the top to a fault with this one, the Duane Eddy twang to a kind of dark Lee Hazlewood marching dirge, but those awful synth strings and choir? Nah.

I don’t know what the point of this song is, some good lines, and some of the singing is really nice, like at the lyrics ... ‘but you came along..’ and ‘ I kiss the soil...’

There are some Morrissey songs that didn’t need to be written, this is one of them.
Ooh! You are being critical! Good for you! I understand that it doesn't diminish your love for M. I love the man too despite all his various missteps. And I like Scandinavia too.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom