Morrissey A-Z: "People Are the Same Everywhere"

I don't hate it, but it's one of the weaker late period Morrissey tracks. Certainly it's a long way from his better work and it probably doesn't help that it was never properly recorded. Not sure if it's quite b-side quality - given how good they can be - but I think back in the day it may have made an extra track on a 12". The Kid's A Looker could have been the fourth song on a cassingle.

la la,,,,la la la la la,,,,, la la la la la la la la la la.am i the only person who likes The Kids A Looker, i quite like it that way,i am so easily pleased.

Thank You - but no.

I don't hate it, but it's one of the weaker late period Morrissey tracks. Certainly it's a long way from his better work and it probably doesn't help that it was never properly recorded. Not sure if it's quite b-side quality - given how good they can be - but I think back in the day it may have made an extra track on a 12". The Kid's A Looker could have been the fourth song on a cassingle.
"A cassingle" oh just the thought of one has made my day! I'm going to go home and dig them out just to look at...I don't have a tape player anymore. I always used to buy the cassingle as I could play them in my car. Happy days...

You folks gots ta get a grip.

Was it meant to be a masterpiece?

Did Morrissey himself think this song was gonna change the world?

They all can’t be Smiths-like songs or a Moz solo song from the early to mid 90’s and for that reason maybe why Morrissey sung it at all.

Anyway, as someone already noted, ear candy at its best, a fun song with a very to the point Morrissey observation.

And one of the reasons why I was drawn to him in the first place ...

“Set me aside, you'll find
People are the same everywhere
Hoist me from the herd and
People are the same everywhere

Then our creator had to stumble and stall
And our creator had to make
The biggest mistake of all
Yeah, yeah, yeah.”

💙

yeah

:cool:

I’ve heard it a few times live and it does have a certain bizarre charm to me. However, I’d never listen to it on my own and it’s nowhere on my iTunes playlist.

A fun catchy song. Not lyrical genius but I did like:

"Here in our loveless nation
We're all in a rush to find a lovers touch
And when it's found you wonder
Why it meant so much"

Not that bad. I quite like it.
If you like Knockabout World or Jim Jim Falls, you can digest this. No, maybe not.

Unbearable, unlistenable mess. He may technically have songs that are 'worse' than this but there's none as irritating. It actually angers me.

People be weird. This is actually a great song.

Love the ‘Yeah!’ part, makes me think of David Johansen. Morrissey should get around to recording this in the studio with David, would make a great duet!

I think the biggest mistake of all is that it doesn’t have a proper studio release. It’s a shame

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom