Morrissey A-Z: "Oboe Concerto"

I like it, but wish he did this one less live and Mountjoy more live.

The only thing in this song's favour is that the title is extremely satisfying to say in a thick Peter Kaye style Lancashire accent.

The song is, of course, pure filth. Mr Shandy, for example, could often be caught in the toilets of 'Peveril of the Peak' playing the oboe concerto on a young waiter from the Midland Hotel. And so on. Utter. Filth. We. Love. It.

Love the dark-gloomy undertone of this song. It fit's perfectly in the time it was recorded - saw him play this live in Visalia. A Morrissey classic in it's own right for the die-hard fans, but maybe others would gloss over that are casual listeners. It's has a place in his canon, it works in my opinion.

Excellent lament.

Song title - not sure :

Boz is listed as playing clarinet on the album, but oboe isn't mentioned, oddly.
I always presumed the lyrics were a reference to the 'pink oboe', rather than the musical instrument. 🤔

I love it. It works incredibly well as the closer to WPINOYB. It has a fantastic, cinematic quality to it. I think it’d have been (or would be) so good used in a film soundtrack.

:)

THELMA I HIT HIM AGAIN:confused:
btw Thelma you can collect rarities at Moz concerts?:confused:
right Thelma? thats what the beer told me:lbf:

🇭🇷>:hammer:

Yet another masterpiece to your collection......🎤🎼

Your caravan must be brimming
With fake Moz rarities.....

You must have collected these from all the concerts you’ve attended- yer🎟 🎟🎟🎟🆘
Barry
Simple Vogan - the thickest person to grace this forum, doesn’t own any Morrissey LPs and has never been to a gig. If he had, he would have posted some form of proof on here.
His new sentence is “box set” - yep, that’s it, Box Set.
But peeps are very aware, he’s no more than a flea ridden, berry picking, mutant.
Much love Barry and Indeed to Vogan. I’d be more than happy to buy him a glass of blue bols :hammer:

Barry
Simple Vogan - the thickest person to grace this forum, doesn’t own any Morrissey LPs and has never been to a gig. If he had, he would have posted some form of proof on here.
His new sentence is “box set” - yep, that’s it, Box Set.
But peeps are very aware, he’s no more than a flea ridden, berry picking, mutant.
Much love Barry and Indeed to Vogan. I’d be more than happy to buy him a glass of blue bols :hammer:
I presume your Thelma?
And your my love interest?

As for concerts 😂😂😂😂😂

I love talking shite with him, at present I’m at work and getting paid.....🆘

:rolleyes:

Thelma, you buying me a shot of liquor is not going to sit well with the old drunk magento i can tell you that:(
he is practically waving a 'I NEED LIQUOR NOW' sign:mad:
in the meantime just admit to the box owning peeps that you lack them. they know there is so much room at
the top:hammer:

:rolleyes:

Thelma, you buying me a shot of liquor is not going to sit well with the old drunk magento i can tell you that:(
he is practically waving a 'I NEED LIQUOR NOW' sign:mad:
in the meantime just admit to the box owning peeps that you lack them. they know there is so much room at
the top:hammer:
God .... he’s like a dog with a bone...

Fingers ......

Give it up son ....

Your going on like a stuck
Box set 🥊🥊🥊

The croat hits the canvas again...

Just like his year 7
Footie boys .......

A great song and ending to World Peace. The cyclical structure echoes the “rhythm of life” going round and round and the forlorn oboe (presumably) that winds its way through the instrumentation is another subtle experimental touch that its parent album was suffused in (Morrissey kinda goes free jazz, anyone?!). The lyrics are suitably reflective and pensive: when you think about it, the one-two punch of this and “Mountjoy” before it are quite a depressing way to end the album. No matter, though: although some may think this is an aimless dirge, it actually proves as a skilful reflection of ageing and death that makes a closer that will probably stick after the record’s actually stopped.
8/10
You're thinking of Dark Side of the Moon.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom