Morrissey A-Z: "No One Can Hold a Candle To You"

Mayfly

I think Boz is the one playing the main jangle riff.
OK, willing to accept that it was a conscious choice then to modify the jangly guitar riff in this case.
I said it because Jesse has not managed to reproduce some of the Johnny's jangly guitars, so it seems that this style just doesn't suit him.

Ben Budd

One of my favourite Morrissey covers. Love the Peel Session version. I remember being a wide eyed sixth former in 2004 sitting in the library at school listening to a poor quality rip of it on my iPod repeatedly. Memories.

Janice

Today's song is Morrissey's cover of this Maker/Huish composition, a B-side of "I Have Forgiven Jesus" and which Morrissey performed regularly in 2004, appearing on the Who Put the M in Manchester? DVD.

What do we think? (Original version by Raymonde posted above, too.)
Instead of the live effort
Why didn’t you include the b-side from the Jesus single ?

Ben Budd

yeah the recorded version that's a b-side to ....Jesus is really good. Strange this has been tagged as 'live', but i won't lose sleep over it.

Who performs the lead guitar on the recorded version? I think it might be Boz, as he did it live, and Jesse never performed the song live as it was dropped after the final Lil Barrie gig at Move 04.

I need to get a live, to be honest.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Top Bottom