Morrissey A-Z: "Lifeguard on Duty"

Very enjoyable song. Musics pretty simple but the vocal is really catchy and the lyrics are amusing with a hint of truth. Might not change the world but it makes me smile

Fun song. Should have made it on one of the early albums or singles.

It was a nice piece of puff that probably could have never made it off the B-side of a 12-inch single in those days. The recurring bass motif going into the verses is an earworm - and an exemplar of how Street was trying in those days to replicate Rourke's sound/feel.

Go and check post #15.

I check you !

I posted before reading the rest of the thread not seeing that someone already corrected you two fools.

Like you never did that before, ffs get a grip.

I check you !

I posted before reading the rest of the thread not seeing that someone already corrected you two fools.

Like you never did that before, ffs get a grip.

Get a grip? You are the one who started it. You thought you were being clever when all you were actually doing was being tedious, as usual.

Get a grip? You are the one who started it. You thought you were being clever when all you were actually doing was being tedious, as usual.

Started what ?

How was I being tedious? I corrected you before seeing that someone already schooled you. Big deal.

There was no need for you to even reply to my first post at all.
You started it and you also started it by agreeing to information that was false, do your homework, buddy.

Started what ?

I corrected you before seeing that someone already schooled you. Big deal.

There was no need for you to even reply to my first post at all.
You started it and you also started it by agreeing to information that was false, do your homework, buddy.

So what? Who cares? I was more interested in the harmonic similarity than precedence, which is why I didn't bother to amend my comment. I'm sorry if you are embarrassed because you didn't bother to read the rest of the thread before donning your smart-arse hat but that's not my fault.

So what? Who cares? I was more interested in the harmonic similarity than precedence, which is why I didn't bother to amend my comment. I'm sorry if you are embarrassed because you didn't bother to read the rest of the thread before donning your smart-arse hat but that's not my fault.

Smart ass ? It’s not too fvcking difficult to use google before coming on here to spread false info and in a way agree with someone that wrote Street was ripping off a song that didn’t even exist yet!

I’m not embarrassed (lol) about posting before reading the rest of the thread, and it was pretty obvious that’s what happened, but you seem to have a problem with it. Like I said, you didn’t even have to reply to my first post at all, so ... get a grip.

Smart ass ? It’s not too fvcking difficult to use google before coming on here to spread false info and in a way agree with someone that wrote Street was ripping off a song that didn’t even exist yet!

I’m not embarrassed (lol) about posting before reading the rest of the thread, and it was pretty obvious that’s what happened, but you seem to have a problem with it. Like I said you didn’t even have to reply to my first post at all, so ... get a grip.

You didn't even need to make your first, entirely redundant post so you get a grip.

How was my first post redundant?

We had already been corrected this morning so your comment was completely redundant. I know you take it personally when anyone makes a comment that is in any way critical of St Steven but you are taking this one way too far.

We had already been corrected this morning so your comment was completely redundant. I know you take it personally when anyone makes a comment that is in any way critical of St Steven but you are taking this one way too far. :sleeping:

No.

NOW listen. I’ll say this one more time for you very slowly so your little tiny brain can maybe understand...

I ......

posted my .....

comment ....

before ......

I .... read....

the rest .....

of ...

the ....

thread.

Now please, KEEP UP !

No.

NOW listen. I’ll say this one more time for you very slowly so your little tiny brain can maybe understand...

I ......

posted my .....

comment ....

before ......

I .... read....

the rest .....

of ...

the ....

thread.

Now please, KEEP UP !

Yes, I know, so it's a bit invidious of you to start crowing over other people's errors when you have made a faux pas of your own.
I can do this all evening, by the way.

Yes, I know, so it's a bit invidious of you to start crowing over other people's errors when you have made a faux pas of your own.

If you had a brain maybe you would have realized that I posted before reading the rest of the thread, therefore you didn’t need to reply to my first post at all, but you had to play the ‘smart ass’ thinking that you’re so fvcking clever (which you never are) just to say that you’ve already been corrected and then you tried (but failed ) to insult me with your ‘keep up’ line.

I already stated I made a mistake ffs, but you couldn’t let it go. And if you were not so easily triggered by my first post and replied so quickly, I would have naturally deleted my first post when I continued to read the rest of the thread to see that someone already schooled you.

yes, and we all know why.

If you had a brain maybe you would have realized that I posted before reading the rest of the thread, therefore you didn’t need to reply to my first post at all, but you had to play the ‘smart ass’ thinking that you’re so fvcking clever (which you never are) just to say that you’ve already been corrected and then you tried (but failed ) to insult me with your ‘keep up’ line.

I already stated I made a mistake ffs, but you couldn’t let it go. And if you were not so easily triggered by my first post and replied so quickly, I would have naturally deleted my first post when I continued to read the rest of the thread to see that someone already schooled you.

yes, and we all know why.

Never mind, your embarrassment will fade and you will have forgotten all about it by morning. Then you can go back to posting your usual horse-shit and taking umbrage whenever someone has the temerity to hold a different opinion to your own.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom