Morrissey A-Z: "Lifeguard on Duty"

OK, if you are reduced to lying now then we are done.

Where is the evidence ?

You are the one that’s lying, claiming I said something I never said. And it’s you that are reduced to twisting what I actually said.

Again again again ....

You said....

Oh give it a rest. Songwriters borrow from each other all the time.

Or are you going to deny that 'Girl Least Likely To' is a rip-off of 'Only to Other People'?’

I replied.....

‘To say Street ‘borrowed’ would be a criticism or observation. But to say Street ripped off another artist can be read as an attack.

No, that was a rip-off :lbf: but what was done with it makes all the difference.’

Follow the line, we were discussing Street’s contribution, then we were
discussing Rourke’s contribution.

Nomatter how much you try to twist it, nowhere, as anyone can see, did I write that Morrissey ripped off anyone.

Love this song! A sweet, jangly melancholic thing - it's vintage Morrissey.
Of all the songwriters Morrissey's ever worked with, Street is the one I'd most like him to team up with again.
Yes, even more so than a Mr J Martin Maher of Wythenshawe.
Street's compositions had so much beauty and diversity, and they always seemed so ... effortless.

To say Street ‘borrowed’ would be a criticism or observation. But to say Street ripped off another artist can be read as an attack.

No, that was a rip-off :lbf:but what was done with it makes all the difference.
It's almost "an answer song" though because of the clear relationship between the titles "Only To Other People" and "Girl Least Likely To." I wish The Cookies had gotten some money for it but for all we know Morrissey sent them suitcases full of cash. And I think you have to blame Rourke for "writing the music" anyway, though maybe we should still rake Morrissey over the coals for borrowing some melodic elements.

It's almost "an answer song" though because of the clear relationship between the titles "Only To Other People" and "Girl Least Likely To." I wish The Cookies had gotten some money for it but for all we know Morrissey sent them suitcases full of cash. And I think you have to blame Rourke for "writing the music" anyway, though maybe we should still rake Morrissey over the coals for borrowing some melodic elements.

Word on the street is that after they heard the Morrissey song they sent him a suitcase of cookies ! Actually the gift of gratitude was addressed to Rourke ( of course), but mysteriously he never received them. When Morrissey was questioned about the disappearance of the gift, he replied ‘not guilty’ while brushing a fair amount of cookie crumbs off from his lapel!

;)

o_O
failure FC
only to other people is a brill building song
the cookies didnt write so they get no money
from a cover.doh:

Ketamine and Radis really made the most of last night.

We had a great time. You're only jealous that you didn't have the cojones to join in.
your vulgar language left much to be desired:blushing:
a cover up for the futility of your hopeless position:hammer:
FC and BGV didnt dip their toe in whats up with that? 😶
:eyes: on FC he may be up to something:hammer:

We had a great time. You're only jealous that you didn't have the cojones to join in.
Yeah, that must be it. Ain’t too many as tough as you, Radis.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom