Morrissey A-Z: "I'd Love To"

Another Moz/Boz masterpiece!

and that it was a b-side makes it even more special. Boz usually came up with the unusual of the co-writes to my ear. And let’s not forget Lillywhite’s velvety touch!

‘I just want my chance...

but only with you

only with you ...”

:love::cool:

Another Moz/Boz masterpiece!

and that it was a b-side makes it even more special. Boz usually came up with the unusual of the co-writes to my ear. And let’s not forget Lillywhite’s velvety touch!

‘I just want my chance...

but only with you

only with you ...”

:love::cool:
In harmony with you as usual

Perfection,I adore this song the fact as a school boy over 40 years ago I played the cello (badly) has me hearing and the low moan of it.I really want Morrissey to do some orchestral gigs.

I like it now b/c I liked it back then. It got me thinking though, as amazing as V&I was as an album, there were hardly any "original" b-sides. If I recall correctly it's just this one and "Moon River." The rest are album tracks and "Jack the Ripper" live. No point beyond that, just something I thought about.

Last edited:
I like it now b/c I liked it back then. It got me thinking though, as amazing as V&I was as an album, there were hardly any "original" b-sides. If I recall correctly it's just this one and "Moon River." The rest are album tracks and "Jack the Ripper" live. No point beyond that, just something I thought about.

oh cut the man some slack,

he was too busy being in love.

:brows::blushing::):cool:

I think “A Swallow on My Neck” was recorded at the same time as “Moon River”. “Black-Eyed Susan” was recorded at the same time as the album iirc.

I think “A Swallow on My Neck” was recorded at the same time as “Moon River”. “Black-Eyed Susan” was recorded at the same time as the album iirc.

And then there was also the Boxers session of course.

Yeah, it's definitely 'ways'.

Although the most hilarious 'misheard' (ahem) lyric I've ever encountered is mentioned by David Bret in his trash book, who quotes the first line as 'Gay, I lay awake...'.
It's always sounded like "waste" to me and still does.

If it were "ways", you would expect it to have a "Z" sound at the end. It definitely has more of an "s" sound as the USA mix makes clearer.

It's always sounded like "waste" to me and still does.

If it were "ways", you would expect it to have a "Z" sound at the end. It definitely has more of an "s" sound as the USA mix makes clearer.
Even in the US mix, and cranking the colume up, I can't hear any 'T' in his pronunciation of this word though. Plus Morrissey does have a bit of a lisp, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a hard 'Z' sound at the end of 'ways'.

I'm open to the possibility of it being either, but on balance I'm leaning towards 'ways'.

Even in the US mix, and cranking the colume up, I can't hear any 'T' in his pronunciation of this word though. Plus Morrissey does have a bit of a lisp, so I wouldn't necessarily expect a hard 'Z' sound at the end of 'ways'.

I'm open to the possibility of it being either, but on balance I'm leaning towards 'ways'.
I'm open to the possibility of it being either, but on balance I'm leaning towards 'waste'. ;)

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom