Morrissey A-Z: "Ganglord"

everyday we have a different song and im becoming more amazed by people saying things like productions too thin,lacks lyrically,appears unfinished,FFS say in my opinion.

Isn't it obvious that everyone just gives their opinion? Seems a bit redundant to mention it every time when most of these things can never be objective...

My pubs not going to be open, Geordy boy. There are a few more I'm not going to be able to go back in. The Nottingham Legend has gone, I can't believe a whole community has just disappeared.
yip its becoming very sad,pubs that iv been going to for decades suddenly gone.there could be more if the ending of lockdown fails.

Isn't it obvious that everyone just gives their opinion? Seems a bit redundant to mention it every time when most of these things can never be objective...
some of the people on here are so full of their own self importance,they wouldnt know bad production if it hit them on the head.

everyday we have a different song and im becoming more amazed by people saying things like productions too thin,lacks lyrically,appears unfinished,FFS say in my opinion.
I’m not sure how anyone can actually ever claim the production is bad. How would they even know.

some of the people on here are so full of their own self importance,they wouldnt know bad production if it hit them on the head.
So what do you suggest? Zero tolerance for debate?

I've struggled with mental health problems for a long time. When I first started work in the 1980s I felt that I could lose my job at any time despite how hard I was trying to work. I'm terrible at mixing with people. I'm OK if it's informal but if I have to be around more than 5 people I'd go to pot. It's a constant struggle. You wouldn't believe how hard I find it to function. Every second is a living nightmare for me.
life is torture for a lot of people.lockdown certainly wouldnt help you with your problem,its all about staying positive.iv never been good with groups of people thus the reason i avoid things like the plague.

It's the only answer. You seem to have an issue with subjectivity -- kind of a disadvantage when you're posting in threads where people offer their opinions of Morrissey songs.
thats fine,good of you to admit that you are not an expert in musical production.

It's an interesting one, I agree. It's not particularly my cup of Morrissey-tea either - I much prefer pretty/sad/soft/pop Moz to the heavier/rock stuff but of its kind it's probably one of the best ones? I can't help thinking of Be Here Now era Oasis when I hear it!

The guitar lick is almost identical to the one in the Oasis song "The Hindu Times" - which is a much better song than this one. And I know that riff was also featured on an earlier Stereophonics song, so a third-generation rip-off.

We just had a major issue. The security men left the fire exit doors wide open and they were banging in the wind. I've had to go down there and shut them myself. Is it too much to ask? These are supposed to be fully trained security men and they can't even ensure that a fire door is shut behind them. We know what the reason is. It's because I'm a council tenant and I'm not worthy of a good night's sleep. I've been down there and shut the doors myself. I've not much faith in security guards They despise having to be doing the job they do and I despise them having to question me when I want to travail to my flat. Not meaning to be horrible but you tend to find that the security guards have no social skills whatsoever. I could do better. They seem to despise me for simply wishing to enter and exit my flat. They haven't a f***ing clue. I've always been bemused why security men seem to have no social skills whatsoever I'm more than a little perturbed for having to constantly tell them that I live in the flats and I have to go through the mall to get to my flat in the lift. They're not interested in their work. They're making pin money. They don't give a shit about me. These are supposed to be looking after my security and they'd not have the first idea of what to do if there was a real emergency.
You're in the wrong thread, my friend.

Including the judiciary...you are too diplomatic Mayfly! The song, Sorrow..., is pretty clear about his feelings. I mean they hit him in the pocketbook and called him devious, truculent, and unreliable.

I am sure Morrissey didn't hang with the homies in so much that he could sympathize with the plight of the Latinos in SoCal. Take it from one. if anything it might be argued that they drove him away! Have you seen some of those who stalked him in his Hollywood home?

¡Órale!
yeah, I did not want to bring up the 1996 lawsui, nearly 100 pages in autobiography were more than one could bear.
And yet, in 2007 he was happy to start legal proceedings against the NME.

I can imagine Morrissey having empathy with his band mate Jesse, but I also doubt it would extend to the community of poor Latino.

I like this music and I think the piano goes really well with the rock guitar.
About the language, if I compare it to the lyrics of "Maladjusted" those are much richer in detail and written by someone with knowledge of the places they're talking about, but that makes sense because "Ganglord" seems to be about police in general but mainly police in the US.
I feel like it you don't like "get back to the ghetto" be glad he's not saying "get back to the hood."
Also, if you don't like it go back to the soothing sounds of "Friday Mourning" or "Forgive Someone." :barf:

A solid b-side, one of the better ones for latter day Morrissey. But overstayed its welcome live. Or probably should never have made it onto the live-set in the first place.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom