Morrissey A-Z: "Bobby, Don't You Think They Know?"

This song is absolutely flipping brilliant! It's the least indie thing Morrissey's ever done and all the better for it.
Reviewing these songs has just reminded me how much thin gruel Morrissey had to work with in the 1995-2010 period.
True. There have been times in Moz' career (particularly 1995-2005) when it seemed like he released 30 songs with identical backing, they were so unbelievably 'samey'. I like Alain but he got really, really lazy as time wore on.

It's just a bit heart-breaking that we'll probably never hear this in a nightclub environment. It would sound amazing.
Morrissey club tour 2022 😭💜

It's just a bit heart-breaking that we'll probably never hear this in a nightclub environment. It would sound amazing.
Well, living in Manchester I think I will one day. I know where - it's vaguely a "nightclub" - but not when unfortunately. I just hope the place is still in business when this pandemic is a thing of the past.

Well, living in Manchester I think I will one day. I know where - it's vaguely a "nightclub" - but not when unfortunately. I just hope the place is still in business when this pandemic is a thing of the past.
Night and Day? God, if only.

True. There have been times in Moz' career (particularly 1995-2005) when it seemed like he released 30 songs with identical backing, they were so unbelievably 'samey'. I like Alain but he got really, really lazy as time wore on.
I'm not sure he got lazy, I think he just ran out of ideas and got lucky that his boss would accept any old crap in that period.

As for Bobby, Moz should be applauded for changing up his sound even if the vocal melody was predictable plus he'll be delighted with his massive organ.

great song,both voices at the top of their game.instrumental bit in the middle with each person getting their own section reminds me of roxy music.would love to hear this with the voices taken out,the music sounds very bondish to me.
I like all the instrumental sections, too. This is a fun song.

Tags
morrissey a-z
Back
Top Bottom