Morrissey: A New Low by Jason Reed (Paso Robles cancellation investigation) - Inner Edge Music

An investigative article detailing the cancelation-

“Morrissey: A New Low” - Inner Edge Music
November 8, 2017
Written by Jason Reed

Excerpt:

This Sunday marked a new low in the history of Morrissey fandom. And no, I’m not just referring to the temperature.

Eager fans waited with bated breath to see if one of their musical icons would actually show up to the normally idyllic, intimate Vino Robles Ampitheatre in Paso Robles, California (not far away from the memorial of Morrissey’s own idol, Mr. James Dean, who died in a car accident back in 1955). Jokes were aplenty that the acclaimed musician would cancel at the last minute (as he has done many times before), but Morrissey loyalists proclaimed that such cynical forecasting was unfounded. Sadly, it was not. He apparently spent the day in bed. And now that joke isn’t funny anymore.

41215_Morrissey-A-New-Low-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice wack rhyme. We all get old. Some play their cards right and don't push it in life and live to a decent older age and enjoy what life has to offer ( I'm not including drugs of any sort, as they are lies/ broken promises, deadly on your health), others rip it up, drink, do drugs, live as if there won't be a tomorrow and die early. That even includes having sexxx with others you really don't even know, just to fill some empty open gaping wound.

Maybe someone wrote this initial post high on something, but figured they'd call it a " Low" life kinda thing to possibly make themselves look good, or help make fans out there feel better about the Morrisey last hour bail out?!
What's wrong with drugs?
If you overdo a habit anything can be dangerous, from crack to Toblerone.
Why you overdo it is the issue, not the gear.

Why do drugs to begin with? To be part of the croud.....cool guy? I'm not talking about over, or under doing anything. It's not like doing them helps you to live longer, stronger, better. For some people with life long ailments ( say Parkinsons disease ), smoking marajana helps with the tremors. So i those cases for people with cerain ailements, sure it helps, but that is the minority of the population. Some people think ALL wine is good for you, in moderation. Most wine have so many chemicals, and sulfates pumped into them, to help with the fermentation process, taste, etc. The only real good wine, is $25+ per bottle dollar organic stuff, and even then you need to do your research on it. Also, for most people drugs cost money.....another negative.

Why do drugs to begin with? To be part of the croud.....cool guy? I'm not talking about over, or under doing anything. It's not like doing them helps you to live longer, stronger, better. For some people with life long ailments ( say Parkinsons disease ), smoking marajana helps with the tremors. So i those cases for people with cerain ailements, sure it helps, but that is the minority of the population. Some people think ALL wine is good for you, in moderation. Most wine have so many chemicals, and sulfates pumped into them, to help with the fermentation process, taste, etc. The only real good wine, is $25+ per bottle dollar organic stuff, and even then you need to do your research on it. Also, for most people drugs cost money.....another negative.
Do what you want. Why make judgements?

I'm not judging , just telling it like it is...facts, reality. Peoples can " do what they want" , but then by doing so certain unintended consequences can happen ( DUI , dead head syndrome, etc) . TO most people's that just isn't cool, and is more of a detriment to society on a whole. Think about it

I'm not judging , just telling it like it is...facts, reality. Peoples can " do what they want" , but then by doing so certain unintended consequences can happen ( DUI , dead head syndrome, etc) . TO most people's that just isn't cool, and is more of a detriment to society on a whole. Think about it
Think about what?
When anyone claims to know the 'truth' you know theres no discussion to be had.
Just bear in mind consumerism in a market driven context is likely to be harmful to any number of people.
And I don't understand what 'cool' has to do with anything.

Think about what?
Just bear in mind consumerism in a market driven context is likely to be harmful to any number of people.

I watched a fantastic documentary called The House I Live In a while ago about the war on drugs. A valid point was raised in it which was not to ask why people take drugs but what is it about intolerable about society that makes people look to take drugs for relief. Either way, my personal opinion is take what you want, as long as you aren't f***ing anyone else's life up by doing it what business is it of anyone else what you put in your body?

I watched a fantastic documentary called The House I Live In a while ago about the war on drugs. A valid point was raised in it which was not to ask why people take drugs but what is it about intolerable about society that makes people look to take drugs for relief. Either way, my personal opinion is take what you want, as long as you aren't f***ing anyone else's life up by doing it what business is it of anyone else what you put in your body?
Absolutely Charles.

A big part of life is dealing with pain. Some people turn to drugs in managing/ coping with pain. I'm not denying that fact.

I still contend that for many people they could look to coping with life's daily pains by not turning to drugs ( and thus sucking on the Devils d*ick), and potentially be better off in the long run. I wouldn't know how it is, just heard horror stories by real people, who by their 50's, early 60's told me
if they had to do it all over again, they wouldn't have done the drugs ( mainly alcohol, and harder drugs.)

Think about what?

But, is there any justifiable and satisfying, existing alternative, for you, for that consumerism in a market driven context? One that is not likely to be harmful to any number of people?

Is it the market driven that is the problem?
And if it was possible and an improvement to remove that market driven aspect from society, what would the alternative look like?

There are many instances of failed attempts by countries, governments, powerful authorities to control the so-called markets.

I am afraid no system can be perfect to avoid any harm to a number of people.

But, is there any justifiable and satisfying, existing alternative, for you, for that consumerism in a market driven context? One that is not likely to be harmful to any number of people?

Is it the market driven that is the problem?
And if it was possible and an improvement to remove that market driven aspect from society, what would the alternative look like?

There are many instances of failed attempts by countries, governments, powerful authorities to control the so-called markets.

I am afraid no system can be perfect to avoid any harm to a number of people.
Hi QQQ, very pertinent questions.
As far as I know, and at the very least here in the UK where the private sector has grown enormously under successive governments, the market is never allowed to operate with total freedom. Regulation is seen as necessary by all except the most extreme free marketeers.
But my position, since you ask, is extreme in the opposite direction. I see the market and indeed, money as malign.

Hi QQQ, very pertinent questions.
As far as I know, and at the very least here in the UK where the private sector has grown enormously under successive governments, the market is never allowed to operate with total freedom. Regulation is seen as necessary by all except the most extreme free marketeers.
But my position, since you ask, is extreme in the opposite direction. I see the market and indeed, money as malign.

Of course regulations are necessary, and absolutely vital.
But if money and “the market” are indeed malign, do you want trade without money ?

Trading services and products without valueing them in money makes it difficult to compare their value.

I don’t like the effects of our capitalist system and the greed that seems never enough for people that already are rich.

It is never enough. Why?

Of course regulations are necessary, and absolutely vital.
But if money and “the market” are indeed malign, do you want trade without money ?

Trading services and products without valueing them in money makes it difficult to compare their value.

I don’t like the effects of our capitalist system and the greed that seems never enough for people that already are rich.

It is never enough. Why?
There will never be enough.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom