Morrissey’s reaction: "Albert Finney" - Morrissey Central (8 Feb, 2018)

ALBERT FINNEY
February 8, 2019

" … he dies, a part of me dies
… his refusal to accept a Knighthood - that moronic delusion of inclusion - elevates him further in the Arts and humanities.
Albert was Manchester.
Please watch Charlie Bubbles. …
… there must be something I can dream tonight … "

MORRISSEY
8 February 2019

unnamed_emfgkf.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/albert-finney

Morrissey's reaction to today's news.
Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Feb. 9:

Link posted by joe frady:

ALBERT FINNEY DIES - Morrissey Central
February 9, 2019

Can you please stop time?

46099_unnamed-1_gi4tco.jpg
\

montage by Johnny Morrissey.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon that's pretty delusional since The California Son was really born in the San Fernando Valley and only left for Brittin in 1978 with Chrissie Hynde as a joke and fell into using The Smiths to launch his solo career. I reckon do you actually think he writes this? Lil' Sammy doesn't even write "the messages" anymore. It's Kimber in the Agoura Hills office. Wake up in n nnn n nnn din't in n n n it.

I went to see Joy Order and Big Country on a twin bill last week at the skiffle festival at Mank Nike Chevrolet Hall. It was top mental. It reminded me of a Smiths show in 1984.

You really are a low life Aztec, what sort of moron hijacks a page where people are discussing someone’s passing, just to post bullshit that you know is incorrect.

You are also lying about New Order as Bernard was in Alderley Edge last weekend and then flew to New York, where New Order played 3 songs (including a cover of Bowie’s, Be my wife) at the annual Tibet House benefit gig at Carnegie Hall.

You really are a low life Aztec, what sort of moron hijacks a page where people are discussing someone’s passing, just to post bullshit that you know is incorrect.

You are also lying about New Order as Bernard was in Alderley Edge last weekend and then flew to New York, where New Order played 3 songs (including a cover of Bowie’s, Be my wife) at the annual Tibet House benefit gig at Carnegie Hall.

Pretty sure Aztec is right but he might have mistaken The Alarm for Big Country.

Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn made a film which almost seemed like a documentary on a marriage that did not go too well but gave me hope and joy nonetheless. Rumour has it that they had an affair but neither him nor Audrey ever spoke about it in public. "Two for the Road" is my favourite fim of all times, thanks to Albert Finney who made Audrey look like a real woman almost for the first time in her career. Years ago my band BAIL made a video restaging scenes from the film with me being a poor man`s Albert Finney. What a cool man!

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd that Morrissey chooses to criticise the UK honours system on the basis of a false concept of inclusion. As a child of Irish parents, like myself, I would have thought his issue with a knighthood would be the association with the British Empire? The evil colonialism that stole food from our ancestors and caused millions to die in the Great Famine, and has to this day casts a dark shadow over Ireland. And that’s just one county for the damned Empire.

Albert Finney was of Mancunian/Irish stock too. Salford to be precise. He saw the royal handout titles as snobbery. Albert had his feet firmly on the ground. Fellow Salfordian, Mike Leigh made the transition from BBC produced plays to directing film the cinema, thanks to Albert who funded his first film.

We say RIP. But it’s hard to think of Arthur Seaton doing anything peacefully.

Good on Albert Finney for rejecting knighthood. The queen is evil. He choose the path of good.

Albert Finney and Audrey Hepburn made a film which almost seemed like a documentary on a marriage that did not go too well but gave me hope and joy nonetheless. Rumour has it that they had an affair but neither him nor Audrey ever spoke about it in public. "Two for the Road" is my favourite fim of all times, thanks to Albert Finney who made Audrey look like a real woman almost for the first time in her career. Years ago my band BAIL made a video restaging scenes from the film with me being a poor man`s Albert Finney. What a cool man!

"what kind of people sit in a room like that without a word to say to each other?"
"married people" (quoted from memory, so im not sure if that's right)

I love that movie! i had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. and what a great spot on video you made. i reckon your band mate looks cooler than Audrey.

edit: oh haha! the quote is in your song. sorry, didn't pay close attention to the lyrics the first time I listened.

Hey, thank you so much for watching our video and listening to the lyrics! We shot the outside scenes in three hours! The fake Audrey is my wife, so we are indeed a married couple. She looks cooler than Audrey? How could that possibly be? Well, she is not so skinny! Thank you very much! This really makes me happy!

"what kind of people sit in a room like that without a word to say to each other?"
"married people" (quoted from memory, so im not sure if that's right)

I love that movie! i had forgotten about it until you mentioned it. and what a great spot on video you made. i reckon your band mate looks cooler than Audrey.

edit: oh haha! the quote is in your song. sorry, didn't pay close attention to the lyrics the first time I listened.

Low life is the exact term. Maybe mongrel is also fitting for him.

Odd that Morrissey chooses to criticise the UK honours system on the basis of a false concept of inclusion. As a child of Irish parents, like myself, I would have thought his issue with a knighthood would be the association with the British Empire? The evil colonialism that stole food from our ancestors and caused millions to die in the Great Famine, and has to this day casts a dark shadow over Ireland. And that’s just one county for the damned Empire.

Albert Finney was of Mancunian/Irish stock too. Salford to be precise. He saw the royal handout titles as snobbery. Albert had his feet firmly on the ground. Fellow Salfordian, Mike Leigh made the transition from BBC produced plays to directing film the cinema, thanks to Albert who funded his first film.

We say RIP. But it’s hard to think of Arthur Seaton doing anything peacefully.
Morrissey has called the "royals" the biggest dole spongers in England or words to that effect.
Albert Finneys words on being offered a "knighthood": "you don't get much with the title anymore. That was all carved up by the robber barons in the middle ages"
The idea of people without honour handing out honours is ludicrous. Everything they "own" is stolen and soaked in blood, just the way they like it! They aren't handing it back either.
Very few people call them out on their mythology, it really is a case of the emperor's new clothes.
I dont know many other people of Morrissey's or Finneys calibre who are as outspoken Most including Morrissey s "genius" friend Russell Brand become obsequious when in the hallowed vicinity of viletry.

Lovely words.

And then he has to spoil it all with...

unnamed-1_gi4tco.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/albert-finney-dies

Someone has the gall to put their name to this, one "Johnny Morrissey"...

If anybody is interested in watching "Charlie Bubbles", Powerhouse Films released a fine blu-ray edition last November.

large_15_charlie_bubbles_blu-ray.jpg

Just to second the blu-ray suggestion - it polished up well.
Regards,
FWD.

(and definitely not the best 'shopped' image ever shared on an 'official' platform).

Lovely words.

And then he has to spoil it all with...

unnamed-1_gi4tco.jpg

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/albert-finney-dies

Someone has the gall to put their name to this, one "Johnny Morrissey"...

If anybody is interested in watching "Charlie Bubbles", Powerhouse Films released a fine blu-ray edition last November.

me

Dear me, that's bad. I am hoping Johnny Morrissey is a 6-year-old relative, which would make it completely forgivable, and not a pseudonym for someone who ought to know better.

Just to second the blu-ray suggestion - it polished up well.
Regards,
FWD.

(and definitely not the best 'shopped' image ever shared on an 'official' platform).

Would be nice if the BBC could screen Finney's 'Face to Face' 1962 interview with John Freeman?
Quite hard to find, in full, and left off the Beeb box-set.

Dear me, that's bad. I am hoping Johnny Morrissey is a 6-year-old relative, which would make it completely forgivable, and not a pseudonym for someone who ought to know better.

Pretty sure í could do better with a Betamax & a box of crayons...

Perhaps a wish-fulfillment pseudonym, a-la Brett Anderson/Angie Bowie :brows:

Pretty sure í could do better with a Betamax & a box of crayons...

Perhaps a wish-fulfillment pseudonym, a-la Brett Anderson/Angie Bowie :brows:

Yes, something along those lines went through my head, too. But more the thought of how it would be such a good way to troll us all. Following that thinking, perhaps it's supposed to look shit.

Last edited:
Yes, something along those lines went through my head, too. But more the thought of how it would be such a good way to troll us all. Following that thinking, perhaps it's shit on purpose.

And why "Swords" of all things? The "Greatest Hits" gatefold image would at least have been a cuter gag...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom