Morrissey’s "Autobiography" has sold more than 140,000 copies - The Guardian

Link posted by intlplayboy / Tumblr:

Alex Ferguson tops table for bestselling book in print for 2013 - The Guardian
Ex-Manchester United manager's memoir My Autobiography has sold more than 647,000 copies since publication in October

Excerpt:

David Jason has won the battle of the showbiz memoir with almost 300,000 books sold, comfortably ahead of Morrissey, who sold more than 140,00 copies of his Penguin classic, and Miranda Hart whose 2012 memoir Is It Just Me? sold more than 137,000 copies during 2013 in paperback.

Last edited by a moderator:
UK only, obviously.
It already sold more than Years of Refusal did, which must make it a big success.

It's well on the way to outselling YOR and ROTT combined.

Hmm, I guess this shows Morrissey maybe wanted back in the public eye again. Studios take note ;)

I dont know why some people find interesting a soccer player autobiography

I suppose one good thing about making up a pack of porkies and packaging it as your autobiography is that you can redo it and bring out autobiography 2 next year. For someone so hung up on chart success it's the only way he's going to get it.

I'm with you there. And Miranda Hart may be a funny fatty, but why purchase her book? Moz is the interesting one. Maybe Moz should do a cameo on Call the Midwives. LOL.

I dont know why some people find interesting a soccer player autobiography

I'm with you there. And Miranda Hart may be a funny fatty, but why purchase her book? Moz is the interesting one. Maybe Moz should do a cameo on Call the Midwives. LOL.
people aren't sitting there with a list of famous people who has had a auto out recently deciding which is better, not everyone thinks of Moz believe it or not.

So the US version has been cut short? Geez, am I supposed to get the UK version???

Well he coached one of the most famous teams in the world for over a quarter century. It's not hard to see why people would be interested.

“Definition of rock journalism: People who can't write, doing interviews with people who can't think, in order to prepare articles for people who can't read.”

― Frank Zappa, The Real Frank Zappa Book

Change "rock" to "football."

It's well on the way to outselling YOR and ROTT combined.

Happy Christmas Johnny and Brummie ! Oh and David T as well ! They can Booo and Hissssssss as much as they want, but Morrissey is still a silly old "C-nt"

Have a miserable Christmas Morrissey and co, hope you get everything you didn't want and the Queen has you locked in the tower of London for the rest of !

Enjoy your Turkey dinners everyone and if your having nut roast and Quorn I hope you choke on it.

As always yours truly (Booooooooohhhh Hiiiissssssssssssss)

Benny-the-Butcher :angry:

I don't doubt anyone's sales figures, but where can I see the number of records sold for each Morrissey album? When I look at wikipedia I just see chart positions which isn't very helpful apparently.

Happy Christmas Johnny and Brummie ! Oh and David T as well ! They can Booo and Hissssssss as much as they want, but Morrissey is still a silly old "C-nt"

Have a miserable Christmas Morrissey and co, hope you get everything you didn't want and the Queen has you locked in the tower of London for the rest of !

Enjoy your Turkey dinners everyone and if your having nut roast and Quorn I hope you choke on it.

As always yours truly (Booooooooohhhh Hiiiissssssssssssss)

Benny-the-Butcher :angry:

Come on DavidT, let's hear it from YOU. Is this latest example of c***itude (above), an exercise in infantile trolling or sacred free speech? Or are they interchangeable in your opinion? For someone so hung up on the importance of free speech, it's funny how so much criticism of this site (and you personally) is never published...

I don't doubt anyone's sales figures, but where can I see the number of records sold for each Morrissey album? When I look at wikipedia I just see chart positions which isn't very helpful apparently.

This collates US sales since 1992, courtesy of Soundscan. UK figures are harder to come by - you might have to pay some huge industry subscription - but I remember seeing a figure of less than 100,000 for YOR. I suppose a way of checking broad sales figures might be if some kind person researches which albums have RIAA certification.

"As of 2/28/10 Years Of Refusal has sold 77,410 copies in the U.S. according to Soundscan. 4,538 of those were vinyl and 19,753 were digital.

Here are the Morrissey and Smiths album sales in the Soundscan era (i.e from 1992 onwards), which I received from a friend who works there.

Interestingly enough both in 2007 and in total sales since 1992 The Smiths outsell Morrissey, if only just.
In 2007 The Smiths sold 66,063 albums in the US and Morrissey sold 58,992 albums
Cumulatively The Smiths have sold 2,598,266 albums in the SoundScan era and Morrissey has sold 2,350,983.

The best selling Smiths albums from 1992 onwards are:

Best...1 : 432,907
Louder Than Bombs: 412,444
Singles: 396,150
The Queen Is Dead: 287,180
Meat Is Murder: 245,385
Strangeways, Here We Come: 230,794
Best...2: 208,357
Harful of Hollow: 133,809
The Smiths: 130,076

The best selling Morrissey album from 1992 onwards are:

Your Arsenal: 366,047
Bona Drag: 360,977
Vauxhall & I: 293,017
Viva Hate: 234,804
You Are The Quarry: 230,169
Kill Uncle: 221,293
Best of Morrissey: 179,746
Ringleader of The Tormentors: 97,502
Maladjusted: 88,554
World Of Morrissey: 69,357
Southpaw Grammar: 67,451"

http://the-earl-grey.livejournal.com/258865.html

The YOR figure given here are for a relatively short time after release, but its chart performance in the weeks after release wouldn't indicate huge sales increases since.

Come on DavidT, let's hear it from YOU. Is this latest example of c***itude (above), an exercise in infantile trolling or sacred free speech? Or are they interchangeable in your opinion? For someone so hung up on the importance of free speech, it's funny how so much criticism of this site (and you personally) is never published...

"Oh no it isn't!" Have you heard of panto season and the panto villan? Obviously not, well panto is full of silly gags that go over little childrens heads. Like you :laughing:
"Oh yes it is " :rofl:

Benny-the-panto-villan-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom