Montevideo - Teatro de Verano (Dec. 17, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ganglord / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / How Soon Is Now? / First Of The Gang To Die / This Charming Man / Staircase At The University / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / What She Said // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by catatonia (order not 100%), setlist.fm.

• This Charming Man - review by Leonardo Silveira, photos by Manuel Serra (6 total) - Montevideo Portal. Link posted by catatonia.

Last edited:
from a good source ( someone who knows someone works at the booking agency) the sold did not sell well, in the neighborhood of 2100 tix sold. very disappointing turnout.
also the audience barely reacted, not moving from their seats or clapping. most of the audience leaving after the main set showing no interest on having an encore.
i think its safe to say it was no a very successful venture.

Yes - staggering the amount of empty spaces - take a look, virtually no one stood up or clapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzgVqW31EOA

I too hope he didn't get the wrong impression of us. We're not cold but shy and respectful, and so we don't look very passionate I guess. There was a section of the crowd that was openly more fiery and passionate... they all came from Argentina and Chile :rolleyes:
Sadly, I also think many people didn't react the way he wanted to Meat is Murder. Uruguayans eat a LOT of meat.:(

"Eat a lot of meat" !
Are these recent performances meat free ? They better had be or he's a bigger CrankFruad than he was yesterday.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

the video has a narrow focus, only showing a small section in the front of the stage, not the empty seats towards the side and the back.
yes there was much clapping when he me made his moztrance at the start but soon thereafter the setlist and the band knocked down the enthusiasm bit by bit until the end there was little left.
all who attended and posted noticed the unfortunate developments that took place.

from a good source ( someone who knows someone works at the booking agency) the sold did not sell well, in the neighborhood of 2100 tix sold. very disappointing turnout.
also the audience barely reacted, not moving from their seats or clapping. most of the audience leaving after the main set showing no interest on having an encore.
i didn't agree with you, about the sold, you're wrong, they sold more than 2800 (confirmed by uts), and the uruguayans are very quiet on every concert...but this don't mean that we didn't enjoy the show...

About the show, theres a very positive review (in spanish) in the uruguayans main site of news...

http://www.montevideo.com.uy/auc.aspx?294186

one of the main important singers of rock in uruguay, put this comment on his Facebook, coment.jpg

translate form spanish: ("sorry for my expression, but morrissey is a f***%$% singer!, It makes my skin crawl, what a fantastic band and show!!)

Yes - staggering the amount of empty spaces - take a look, virtually no one stood up or clapped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzgVqW31EOA

I disagree. On the upper part of the venue there was no need to stand up and it would have taken one row standing up for all the rest to do it necessarily. Empty spaces? Yes, hon, most people WERE standing. Hence the empty seats. One of those empty seats belonged to me and I didn't use it. Besides, don't use one clip to rate the behaviour throughout the whole show. And also, we are shy people, not as demonstrative as other Latin Americans, and somehow we take a little pride in that.

I'll just say one more thing I shouldn't have to point out but I will because it's my case. In Uruguay, most of us had to struggle to pay for this ticket. I don't care about other prices in other countries, I know our reality. There was more people than I expected in that sense. But also, and what I wanted to say: If I didn't hurry up and leave I wouldn't have found a bus home. Yes, bus, know what that is? Well, if I didn't find one I would have been left with two choices: taking a taxi, which is tremendously expensive for mortals like me and is a life threatening experience, or walking home, which is more of a life threatening experience, and I personally am in no health conditions to do it.

Barely reacted? We're just not like you, maybe. Audiences are different.

i didn't agree with you, about the sold, you're wrong, they sold more than 2800 (confirmed by uts), and the uruguayans are very quiet on every concert...but this don't mean that we didn't enjoy the show...

About the show, theres a very positive review (in spanish) in the uruguayans main site of news...

http://www.montevideo.com.uy/auc.aspx?294186

one of the main important singers of rock in uruguay, put this comment on his Facebook, View attachment 34859

translate form spanish: ("sorry for my expression, but morrissey is a f***%$% singer!, It makes my skin crawl, what a fantastic band and show!!)

Red UTS counts Tienda Inglesa as well? Anyway, there was a lot of selling at the doors. As a Uruguayan, I thought the turnup was quite good for us, and by no means cold and not receptive like some said :rolleyes: What do you think Catatonia?

I'll just say one more thing I shouldn't have to point out but I will because it's my case. In Uruguay, most of us had to struggle to pay for this ticket. I don't care about other prices in other countries, I know our reality. There was more people than I expected in that sense. But also, and what I wanted to say: If I didn't hurry up and leave I wouldn't have found a bus home. Yes, bus, know what that is? Well, if I didn't find one I would have been left with two choices: taking a taxi, which is tremendously expensive for mortals like me and is a life threatening experience, or walking home, which is more of a life threatening experience, and I personally am in no health conditions to do it.

Barely reacted? We're just not like you, maybe. Audiences are different.

Pay no mind to what people say here, it matters that you were able to see Morrissey and sorry to hear what you go through transporation wise.

I disagree. On the upper part of the venue there was no need to stand up and it would have taken one row standing up for all the rest to do it necessarily. Empty spaces? Yes, hon, most people WERE standing. Hence the empty seats. One of those empty seats belonged to me and I didn't use it. Besides, don't use one clip to rate the behaviour throughout the whole show. And also, we are shy people, not as demonstrative as other Latin Americans, and somehow we take a little pride in that.

Sorry looks like my joke didn't translate well. I was taking the mickey out of the individual who posts after every gig that the crowd was low and not interested.

The video points out that the gig was well attended and that Morrissey was well received.

quite right, sir. ignore the trolls that post about 'staggering' empty spaces. that is total bollocks
yes there were sections that were close to empty due to crowd movement to the front and lack ticket sales, due mostly to moz outlandish ticket prices, but there were no 'staggering' empty areas.

the people were no so much shy as shell shocked by the outrageous prices for the tickets. numb is a good way to describe them.

base player is wearing a camp Lejeune, north Carolina t-shirt which is where im from. small world!!!!

I haven't had time to watch the videos, but just this one. Wow! You don't see that often! I, too, lived close to Camp Lejeune for nearly 10 years at the beach. Cool to see a band member wearing that on stage!

Last edited:
the video has a narrow focus, only showing a small section in the front of the stage, not the empty seats towards the side and the back.
yes there was much clapping when he me made his moztrance at the start but soon thereafter the setlist and the band knocked down the enthusiasm bit by bit until the end there was little left.
all who attended and posted noticed the unfortunate developments that took place.

Zzzzzzzzz. Get a life and F@ck off while you work on that.

Hi there, first i want to apologize for my poor english

Yesterday we came with my GF to the gig of Moz and i was fantastic, also i want to add it was a privilege to all those who attend (Included those who watch the gig in the hills sorrounding the theatre)
The issue i want to comment is the shock that cause to me the video performance during "Ganglord" with images of brutal police violence. it was so shocking that make me feel shame, impotence, disgust. I never expect that. Can you figure out the level of shock and numbness... when Moz sing "How soon is now?" after "ganglord" i didn't enjoy it?
Nevermind, i'll only want to leave my impression of the most of the audience seems a little bit cold, but not for lack of empathy with Moz, instead of that i assumed was for coyness of the uruguayan people and lack of understandig of the game between the artist and the crowd. That and the barrier could be help to Moz to not leave the best impression of the heart shaped country...

Volve Esteban, te vamos a estar esperando. thanks for come to Uruguay.

Eras Sancho...con su sombrero...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom