MODERATOR HIJACKS POSTS !!! moderator please don't change title to lower case thank you

Nope, no moderator response yet, I think they're working on it, carefully finding the right words to say sorry and that they were wrong.

In an attempt to somehow eschew you, they've instead escrewed themselves. :lbf: Some wise human once said "the critics who can't break you, unwittingly they make you." :D

In an attempt to somehow eschew you, they've instead escrewed themselves. :lbf: Some wise human once said "the critics who can't break you, unwittingly they make you." :D

sadly wise ... :thumb:

Totally agree! KS is a great video curator. Wish KS had a blog for sharing those findings. That film is a gem... What an interesting time and place it reflects!

On selling faking goods... It's so obvious there's a high chance you are buying faked memorabilia under those conditions. My country is full of fake cds, dvds, etc, even in street shops, since there's zero control. Someone told me even local distributors offer genuine and fake goods at the same time, making a huge earning.

A good idea is collecting life experiences, not things. Keeping things when they are related to personal experiences or very well known people's experiences, not just for the sake of having objects. But I guess we are damaging someone's business here. I don't care, get a job.

Thanks count3!

First appropriately posted in the thread 'Here we go again another fake'(because this film is about forgeries and the art of it), so I'll give it another posting, here in this thread that I never started. Enjoy y'all! .....

Thanks count3!

First appropriately posted in the thread 'Here we go again another fake'(because this film is about forgeries and the art of it), so I'll give it another posting, here in this thread that I never started. Enjoy y'all! .....

For anybody who IS interested in the subject and missed it at first cause the thread was moved, F for Fake is a great movie!
Thnks KS!

Congratulations on the 3 week anniversary of your HIJACKED THREAD KS!
Keep up the great work .
:thumb:

:popcorn:
Fake butter of course.

Fake teeth too. o_O
As I said, nowadays everything seems fake.
Fake news, fake accounts, fake names, etcetera, etcetera.
The thing that is interesting, is the artificial aspects as great artists can reach high levels of craftsmanship.
The film F for Fake presents this with great insight and eye for detail.
Which provokes the question, at least to me, what is fake and what is genuine?

To me that becomes more and more difficult with alarming speed.
And it becomes undecided and uncontrollable.
There are rational and emotional, intuitive factors.
I won't say facts, or alternative facts. :rolleyes:

And to be aware of spinning, framing, trolling makes it even worse.
It seems to me that it is an important question to any human being.
And that is also why the thread and Ketamine Sun sharing the film is important.
I am just very interested in the opinions of other posters regarding the subject.

Fake teeth too. o_O
The thing that is interesting, is the artificial aspects as great artists can reach high levels of craftsmanship.

I am just very interested in the opinions of other posters regarding the subject.

fake is the new real.

fake is the new real.

And the new real is fake.
It reminds me of the gold digger searching his whole life for gold and suddenly he found oil.
He got very rich but still felt disappointed.
Not everything that blinks is gold, what doesn't blink isn't gold either.

Fake teeth too. o_O

If it's perfect, it's fake. Like teeths and husbands.

And the new real is fake.
It reminds me of the gold digger searching his whole life for gold and suddenly he found oil.
He got very rich but still felt disappointed.
Not everything that blinks is gold, what doesn't blink isn't gold either.

DREAMS. ... the death of us/the life of us. What else is there ?

never heard the '..that blinks is gold' line. I know 'All that glitters is not gold' , of course.

Talking about the "new real"... will people believe me NOW the film Idiocracy is genius. I said it in 2007 when my friends thought it was just a bad comedy.

i guess seeing is believing(or so they say), and since I haven't seen it... maybe I should? Actually I only watch bad comedies, and only ones shot before 1965. Sorry I'm being 'off topic', hope the moderators don't force a new thread on me ! :D

DREAMS. ... the death of us/the life of us. What else is there ?

never heard the '..that blinks is gold' line. I know 'All that glitters is not gold' , of course.

I didn't know the right expression in English.
Thank you KS!
I quite like the phrase "the death of us/the life of us. What else is there?
Because it is a question and when I ask that question to myself, the anwer " dunno" is not satisfying me.
There Must Be More to it!
And I make up that more as I want.
As anybody can.
So far that more consists of something that is outside our language.
When I am searching, not all the time, I believe it can be found in music, art, literature, so expression of the soul, the mind, the heart and I do feel that there is some unknown magic in it.
Literature seems contradictory to saying that it is outside our language.
But if you write a novel, a poem, a story, that something that is outside our language gets attention and understanding by the way it is not mentioned. If there are enough descriptive hints, the words used can indicate and point to a direction without mentioning it.

To never ask myself a question is making my life dull and boring.
And to me, not everything can be explained rationally and needs to be.
:thumb:

NO. And neither do we.

fine, don't believe me.

;)

Believe something or someone else. :)
Which brings us back to the issue fake or real.
If people want to believe some artefact or anything else for that matter, is real, then even if there are so much directions or conflicting factors (hmm) saying the opposite, will not convince them. Ever.

Back
Top Bottom