Mike Joyce's "Meat Is Murder" gold disc auction this Thursday at TV21, Manchester

Ben Budd

Hello all!

Mike Joyce has kindly donated his gold disc of Meat Is Murder to be auctioned off at a charity event this Thursday evening. It's an exciting opportunity for all Smiths fans to own a piece of musical history.

Also for auction will be a gold disc of "(What's the Story) Morning Glory", donated by Bonehead, along with a guitar signed by the Enemy. There's also signed prints of I Am Kloot and Elbow. Again, ALL proceeds will be going to charity. Local bands such as Frazer King and The Words will be doing live seets too.

There will be a small entrance fee, whatever the entrant feels is appropriate, and it all kicks off at 8pm.

Hope to see some of you down there for a wonderful evening!

Hello all!

Mike Joyce has kindly donated his gold disc of Meat Is Murder to be auctioned off at a charity event this Thursday evening. It's an exciting opportunity for all Smiths fans to own a piece of musical history.

Also for auction will be a gold disc of "(What's the Story) Morning Glory", donated by Bonehead, along with a guitar signed by the Enemy. There's also signed prints of I Am Kloot and Elbow. Again, ALL proceeds will be going to charity. Local bands such as Frazer King and The Words will be doing live seets too.

There will be a small entrance fee, whatever the entrant feels is appropriate, and it all kicks off at 8pm.

Thanks for the heads up.
Could you tell us which charity they're raising the fund, please?

Hello all!

Nice one Ben and nice one Mike Joyce too:guitar::cool:

Ben, is your band playing?

Jukebox Jury

Sadly not! Just doing some publicity so I will be there purely as a spectator.

Dave
Will you be bidding?

(JJ attempting to suss out any potential opposition:thumb:)

Jukebox Jury

No.
I daren't get into Gold Disc teritory... bankruptcy would surely follow
Dave

ps How did you get on with the allotment?

No.

ps How did you get on with the allotment?

It went very well..... had the Mayor there on Thursday, should be in next weeks Advertiser:thumb:
They did four projects on the site and the raised bed for wheelchair users looked very good:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
The gold disc went for £1,250:rock:
Which was a lot more than I had in my pocket hoping to catch the bus home with the disc under my arm:tears:

Both Mike and Andy were there, was a good night. Ben Budd successfully bid for a signed photo of some band or other:cool:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom