Michael McIntyre - yes or no?

Michael McIntyre - yes or no?

• Total voters

Maurice E

He's been massively successful over the last 18 months. I saw him live last year at the Apollo. Don't think I've ever laughed so much.
He's taking a lot of stick now though, especially from other comedians. Vic Reeves said this week that (words to the effect of) MM only really appeals to office workers - i.e. 63% of working people! Seems a bit of a ludicrous criticism to me.

I think he's a comedian for the middle classes (highlighted by the gag he does about wine menus in restaurants, in particular), a section which is in the majority in our society. He is quite funny, rarely makes me laugh out loud though. I think to an extent he has become a parody of himself, going completely overboard with the psychical energy element of his routine, relying more on running about the stage rather than comedy content.

Too middle class and too middle of the road for me, I'm afraid.

Some friends went to see him in Manchester a few weeks ago, unfortunately they'd bought the "Hello Wembley" DVD a few days earlier... his routine was exactly the same.

Dave

Some friends went to see him in Manchester a few weeks ago, unfortunately they'd bought the "Hello Wembley" DVD a few days earlier... his routine was exactly the same.

Dave

He always drags up the same jokes on panel/chat shows as well, but a lot of comedians do to be fair.

Dave

I find him appallingly bad, however my daughter and all her friends love him. Odd times. The best comedian I've seen in years is Milton Jones - very, very clever one-liners. Saw him at Burnley Mechanics a couple of months ago. Top class stuff.

Peter

He grates on me. ( insert smilie with grating teeth or nails running down a blackboard)

I havn't actually heard any of his material properly though because as soon as I hear his voice I want to stick my fingers in my ears which is hard when you're trying to also find the remote control.
But everyone in my circle of friends ( but not my family :thumb:) loves him and i hear people talking about him everywhere I go so folks do like him.. so that's nice.

I heard a really strange comment at the Comedy Awards last week though which was aimed at Mr McIntyre.. my short term memory is not that good but I think someone mentioned that there was a lot of hostility aimed at him which I found strange.. so perhaps he is not the comedians comedian.

I find him appallingly bad, however my daughter and all her friends love him. Odd times. The best comedian I've seen in years is Milton Jones - very, very clever one-liners. Saw him at Burnley Mechanics a couple of months ago. Top class stuff.

Peter

I've seen Milton Jones a couple of times and he was indeed brilliant.
I saw Michael M before I'd really heard of him and was just blown away by the sharpness/quality of his material. He's clearly been over-exposed; the arena tours are ludicrous, but there is obviously jealousy among his peers. Also, John Culshaw's recent impersonations of MM were just fantastic - absolutely spot on.

I love you guys. :eek: This is the only place that I frequent, whereby the majority dislike this man. I dislike this man. There is something about him that infuriates me, and I can't (or don't want to think about him long enough in order to) put my finger on it...

I cant stand him but my best friend said she watched him on telly the other night and laughed unstoppably. He is annoying but he's comedy for the masses isn't he.

Smug, unfunny twat who is hawking 20 year old jokes in much the same way as 50% of the dreck comedians you'll see at a local comedy club.

Yeah he's not my cup of tea either, He tries too hard, I fear he might fall down like a sack of spuds the rate he runs about the stage....leaves me with a headache and feeling knackered just watching him....and I have bags of energy :thumb:
Jason Manford does it for me at the moment, I find him really funny, and the fact he's a Manc & Man City fan helps enormously :D......

I can see why someone might find him annoying and too middle-class, but I actually find him quite funny. There are better comedians around for sure, but that doesn't mean that he's not funny. I think he has become a parody of himself, though. And I don't understand why a girl I know is actually in love with him. :crazy:

JASON MANFORD. I love Jason Manford. I don't love Michael McIntyre, he reminds me too much (aesthetically) of a woman named Joyce.

Back
Top Bottom