Message from Morrissey; "...Playboys" re-release in March - true-to-you.net

Wow ... surprised Melbourne gets a shout out for one of the best of the tour. Not that it wasn't an amazing show, but just that he was less talkative than any of the other shows I've seen him play and the crowd were sometimes slightly subdued, so I thought from her perspective it may have been one of the "off nights". But happy to be wrong and happy that he holds it as a positive experience so that I can stupidly hold out hope for another Aus tour before 2022 (assuming we're playing this 10 years game again).

Via True-to-you:

Message from Morrissey

The reports of my death have been greatly understated. Once admitted to the William Beaumont Hospital at Royal Oak in Michigan, I received treatment for concussion, a bleeding ulcer, and Barrett's esophagus. The positive from all of this is that there are now no known ailments left for me to try.
I am fully determined to resume the tour on February 9 at the Chelsea Ballroom in Las Vegas. If there's an audience of any kind in attendance, I just might die with a smile on my face, after all. If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere.
Equally, I am determined to play Flint (Michigan) if it kills me (which, on the face of it, it almost has.)

Thank you to everyone present at both Brooklyn (New York) and Melbourne (Australia) during recent weeks for two of the best nights of what might charitably be termed my "career". My debt to you will outlive time itself.

pause at my headstone,
MORRISSEY
31 January 2013.

Also:

Additional Morrissey news - true-to-you.net
31 January 2013

Additional Morrissey news.

In March, EMI (UK) will issue a re-mastered The Last Of The Famous International Playboys as a single, on both vinyl and CD formats. The original release reached UK #6 in 1989.

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrett's Oesophagus is not nice. I know someone who had it as the result of years of untreated acid reflux. It can lead to more complicated conditions, and that person went on to get cancer of the oesophagus. Not nice. Wishing Moz the best.

P.

Barrett's Oesophagus is a very worrying condition. Once this tour is over he needs some proper rest. His schedule would knacker a man ten years his junior.

Morrissey please, spend time with your Mum, sit by the pool, write some poetry, whatever, but take some time to recuperate.

Concussion? He passed out too? f***.

Barrett's Oesophagus is a very worrying condition. Once this tour is over he needs some proper rest. His schedule would knacker a man ten years his junior.

Morrissey please, spend time with your Mum, sit by the pool, write some poetry, whatever, but take some time to recuperate.
As long as he doesn't sit by the pool while spending time with his Mum, he'd catch his death sitting around in his speedos in Wythenshawe, you don't cover yourself with sunblock up there, you smear lard over your body for insulation!

Apologies to anyone living in Manchester inc my little sis. Has it stopped raining yet...........

Some nice words from Morrissey there. He has some amount of stamina to be touring the way he does. He should cut down dramatically on the number of dates he plays and just extend his concert to two hours. He doesn't need to play every nook and cranny all year long every year.

I was at the Melbourne gig and it was brilliant !! He looked like he enjoyed himself and I'm glad he mentioned it.

i think he has been over doing it the past 2 years constant touring etc would take it out any man.sounds more serious that first thought, life without moz is unthinkable,get well soon please,please please. : )

Melbourne gets a shout out, which is kinda odd..thought Sydney (enmore) was better.. Either way, am mighty happy Aus got a mention!

He might be back here....after all... (let me dream goddammit)..

"If I am not there, I shall probably never again be anywhere."

I know the tone of the statement is teasing but that comment still knocked me over.

So where are the apologies from the sideline commentators - how would they feel if they were that sick and people were sneering? I guess they will sneer at this?

Barrett's Oesophagus isn't very nice at all. Someone close to me had that a few years back. Led to a lot of complications that nearly killed him. Worked out well in the end though. Best of luck to you, Moz.

As long as he doesn't sit by the pool while spending time with his Mum, he'd catch his death sitting around in his speedos in Wythenshawe,

Salford Quays is nice this time of year, once you've chipped a hole in the ice.

So where are the apologies from the sideline commentators - how would they feel if they were that sick and people were sneering? I guess they will sneer at this?

I have no problem with him being so ill that he was supposedly on his deathbed, because I have personally experienced how pathetic he and his fans can be towards people who are struggling while they themselves pretended to be ill only to announce at the end of the year that they are having the best of their times and the last time they were really depressed for example was 20 years earlier. Obviously he has survived so far. He'll be dead when he'll be in his grave.

I might well mean nothing about but.....he has been touring far too much in the last couple of years.
Get well soon Mozzer...
Cheers Moz

Sweet, sweet Morrissey. I love him so much. I wish him a speedy recovery and I hope he's getting plenty of rest. We can wait, but I'd rather he never tour again, than to die trying...though, that in itself would probably kill him.

Sending lots of love and healing energy his way.

Very funny - Mark Twain has a smile on his face.

It's amazing that Morrissey has been so physically besieged of late, because this (temporarily) ill-fated 2013 tour really has seen him in tip-top form. I was in the front row at that Brooklyn show, and it truly was one of the best gigs I've seen. The man was incandescent and the love in that room could have lit up the borough for the evening.

Goodness knows Morrissey has his problems, but when he's firing on all cylinders it's a marvel of nature. Here's hoping that The Man is well on the mend, the band is recovering nicely, Kristeen Young is coming to terms and all the patient, loyal fans out there get what they deserve: a memorable evening with the man who changed your mind...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom