Merry XMoz - The Morrissey Christmas Album

well benny the butcher,lets hope your turkey is poisoned.
merry kiss my ass :lbf:

I agree with you Girlmostlikely, Moz would do a lovely Christmas album but unfortunately when one is put out usually means the singing career is over or on its last legs . I don't remember any Christmas stuff put out by him . Not even a song sung during a concert near the December date .

An exception would be Neil Diamond. He's done three Christmas albums and he's still rocking. He's Jewish, btw. This adds a unique twist to his albums--especially because half the songs are religious ones. :p

The closest Mozzer ever got to doing a christmas single was the way he introduced his next song when I saw him play in Chester in '97.

Morrissey: "This is our new christmas single".

Then they played "Satan Rejected My Soul". It must have been a late December release if I remember correctly :)

- marred.

An exception would be Neil Diamond. He's done three Christmas albums and he's still rocking. He's Jewish, btw. This adds a unique twist to his albums--especially because half the songs are religious ones. :p

:lbf:

wish you and your loved ones joyfull and cosy festive days

' and they say he's mentall' ... Herman Hermitt's home Holland...

Morrissey / Smiths Christmas Songs:

Asleep
I Won't Share You
I Am Hated For Loving
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
Late Night, Maudlin Street
Ammunition
Back To The Old House
Seasick Yet Still Docked
Half A Person
Will Never Marry
Hold On To Your Friends
There's Is A Light...
Please, Please, Please Let Me...
Half A Person
Come Back To Candem
I Know I's Over
Dear God, Please Help Me
Friday Mourning
Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness
Stretch Out And Wait

Vicar in a Tutu

' making christmas cards with the menta[l]ly ill'

'and they say he's mentall'... Ill Forever...

Last edited:
vicar in a tutu

' making christmas cards with the menta[l]ly ill'

'and they say he's mentall'... Ill forever...

yes you're right

in this lonely season too:

I know it's over / asleep a medley to die alone... And cold

In private, I bet Morrissey is quite light-hearted, despite his dour image. When I watched this, I snickered and thought how cool it would be to have a tickle fight with him. And I would not stop until he said 'kill uncle'.

The closest Mozzer ever got to doing a christmas single was the way he introduced his next song when I saw him play in Chester in '97.

Morrissey: "This is our new christmas single".

Then they played "Satan Rejected My Soul". It must have been a late December release if I remember correctly :)

- marred.

It was, he was on Xmas TFI Friday performing it as we'll.

Also what about the winter UK tour of 2004. Where he dressed as a priest on occasion. The weirdo

Can we expect a re-issue in a few years time , with a few live versions tacked on...

You bet you can ! This is Morrissey you know ! Tacky badges, limited editions, extra tracks, live, dvd, rare signed copies (3 only), limited editions with willy wonka tokens inside.
Oh and I feel I must also stress the point that Morrissey still remains without a record deal.

Benny-the-Butcher (Turkey Towers)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom