Mephedrone

I've done more drugs than I've had hot dinners. Truthfully. Some of the states I've been in would put Leah Betts parents to shame...

However I know a load of people who don't. (God knows why) And I respect them and regard them as mates. BUT if your head hasn't been in a place where you have some of the maddest experiences in your life... then who are you to lecture anyone else.... TBContinued.

Hey, you know what you stoners should try? Fill your bong with sulphur water. Wait...maybe not a good idea now that I think of it. :straightface:

I just saw a promo for a good movie to watch while high. It's called Kick ASS where the kids don't actually have superpowers...anymore.

Hey, you know what you stoners should try? Fill your bong with sulphur water. Wait...maybe not a good idea now that I think of it. :straightface:

I just saw a promo for a good movie to watch while high. It's called Kick ASS where the kids don't actually have superpowers...anymore.

I seen that. Cheech n Chong? Or was it Harold n Kumar get the munchies?

I'm with Byron, Huxley, Leary and Thompson myself... perceptions perceptions perceptions. Sadly society dictates today that you shouldn't cos you wouldn't. Its Great To Be Straight Yeh?

I have no problem with anyone who chooses to use drugs (and that includes alcohol and smoking). I choose not to and do not feel im missing out.
People can do whatever they want, just take responsibility for those actions.

Im sick to death of seeing people come into my place of work (A&E), unconscious as a result of alcohol or drugged up to the eyeballs and thinking its okay to abuse the staff who are looking after them. But its not what they have taken/ingested that annoys me, its the fact that its always someone elses fault. Its always a spiked drink or a dodgy pill.

There are plenty of people who abuse drugs and alcohol regularly and regulary require the services of the NHS. What makes the difference is those who admit they have a problem and actually do want help. Not swearing at and abusing staff also helps.

The main point is this, do drugs/alcohol or whatever you like. Just don't blame someone else when it goes wrong. (And def don't abuse those trying to help)

if. if it goes wrong.

If it goes wrong once, then its once to often. When you have looked after a very young person who dies as a result of drugs, you don't forget it in a hurry.

so what is your point exactly? that some people are stupid?

surely once you've seen one car accident, it's one too many. should we criminalize (some) cars but keep the cars the government tells us are safe?

er my point was that many people abuse substances, require hospital treatment and blame everyone else in the world. As opposed to admitting that taking drugs/alcohol may have some consequences. Thats what i meant by taking responsibilty.

How can it be compared to a car accident? We can have some control over our own saftey in a car; seatbelts, sticking to speed limit etc

Take drugs, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes. Maybe, one day, you might suffer the consequences (get chronic pulmonary disease, liver disease or even die)

many other people use substances responsibly, never have health problems related to their substance use and take responsibility for their own actions. those who act stupidly shouldn't be seen as proof positive of the evils of drug use.

we can have control over our safety when using drugs too. if you know what you're taking and you're in the right mindset and physical setting, then i think you have as much control over what you're doing as you do when you get behind the wheel of a car.

thanks for your concern, and i'm sorry you've had to deal witht the bad side of drug use.

here are some things that I am certain are abused far more than any illegal narcotic :eek:

1. food
2. alcohol
3. OTC medication
4. prescribed medication
5. electricity
6. our right to sit around and basically do nothing all day(i.e. :gun: sloth)
and on that note I think I am going to take a stroll up the hill before heading off to work, I love the view when its like this :)

I have no problem with anyone who chooses to use drugs (and that includes alcohol and smoking). I choose not to and do not feel im missing out.
People can do whatever they want, just take responsibility for those actions.

Im sick to death of seeing people come into my place of work (A&E), unconscious as a result of alcohol or drugged up to the eyeballs and thinking its okay to abuse the staff who are looking after them. But its not what they have taken/ingested that annoys me, its the fact that its always someone elses fault. Its always a spiked drink or a dodgy pill.

There are plenty of people who abuse drugs and alcohol regularly and regulary require the services of the NHS. What makes the difference is those who admit they have a problem and actually do want help. Not swearing at and abusing staff also helps.

The main point is this, do drugs/alcohol or whatever you like. Just don't blame someone else when it goes wrong. (And def don't abuse those trying to help)

I have done my fair share of drugs when younger and had some of the best times doing them but after witnessing on the wards what drugs can do to people physically and mentally i consider myself very lucky and would be devastated if my children ever touched them.

I have done my fair share of drugs when younger and had some of the best times doing them but after witnessing on the wards what drugs can do to people physically and mentally i consider myself very lucky and would be devastated if my children ever touched them.

that is hideously hypocritical. i'm sure you know that though.

Last edited by a moderator:
many other people use substances responsibly, never have health problems related to their substance use and take responsibility for their own actions. those who act stupidly shouldn't be seen as proof positive of the evils of drug use.

You talk like the negative effects will never happen if you use 'responsibly'

That statement just seems like a deluded spinaround of the truth that if you do, by logic, you have to be irresponsible toward your own positive health issues in the first place

How many times have you been off your own head on here due to your own self-harming techniques? By the time you (if you do that is) reach 40 or 50 you will look like 70. Push down your own gullet what you will, but don't try to guide others to do so and follow the same self-destructive path that you yourself choose to tread

er my point was that many people abuse substances, require hospital treatment and blame everyone else in the world. As opposed to admitting that taking drugs/alcohol may have some consequences. Thats what i meant by taking responsibilty.

How can it be compared to a car accident? We can have some control over our own saftey in a car; seatbelts, sticking to speed limit etc

Take drugs, drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes. Maybe, one day, you might suffer the consequences (get chronic pulmonary disease, liver disease or even die)

Your job sounds scary, and I'm glad there's people who will do it. I will guarantee you that you get more trouble from drunks than druggies though, and I know that's the truth. Alcohol= aggressive. I remember I used to physically fight with this girl in town when I was 16- one night I took E and ended up cuddling her. 'Fake' yes; but I didn't have the energy to be angry anymore. You wouldn't have minded me in casualty.

Anyway, I digress. I've probably done over a thousand pills; I've never been to hospital (well I have, but normally with people who've got their noses broken unprovoked in drunk-fulled fights- I come from a rough town).

But what about people who jump out of planes and their parachute doesn't work? Would you resent scraping them up? What about people who ride horses and break their necks? What about people who sleep around/ smoke/ blah blah blah?
It's about risk; I wouldn't jump out of a plane. But it's legal. But it's life threatening.
People pay their money and take their choice. It's their life. It might be wrong. But no law can stop it, will ever stop it.

You talk like the negative effects will never happen if you use 'responsibly'

no, i don't.

That statement just seems like a deluded spinaround of the truth that if you do, by logic, you have to be irresponsible toward your own positive health issues in the first place

what statement are you referring to? some people use drugs responsibly, some people abuse them. is this not a fact?

How many times have you been off your own head on here due to your own self-harming techniques?

quite a few times actually. ah, memories...

By the time you (if you do that is) reach 40 or 50 you will look like 70. Push down your own gullet what you will, but don't try to guide others to do so and follow the same self-destructive path that you yourself choose to tread

thanks for suggesting i'll be dead within 20 years. your compassion knows no bounds.

i'm not trying to guide anyone in any way. i'm not as arrogant as you. i'm just giving my opinions.

How many times have you been off your own head on here due to your own self-harming techniques? By the time you (if you do that is) reach 40 or 50 you will look like 70. Push down your own gullet what you will, but don't try to guide others to do so and follow the same self-destructive path that you yourself choose to tread

I'm in my mid-30s and got asked for ID the other day.... checking I wasn't entitled to a free bus pass. :lbf: No I did get asked in Morrissons the other week though. Maybe I'm just lucky.

"The current screaming festival over "meow meow" or "M-Cat" or whatever else the actual users aren't calling it, is a textbook example. I have no idea how dangerous it is, but there seems to be a glaring lack of correlation between the threat it reportedly poses and the huge number of schoolkids reportedly taking it. Something doesn't add up. But in lieu of explanation, we're treated to an hysterical, obfuscating advertising campaign for a substance that will presumably – thanks to the furore – soon only be available via illegal, unregulated, more dangerous, means. If I was 15 years old, I wouldn't be typing this right now. I'd be trying to buy "plant food" on the internet. And this time next year I'd be buying it in a pub toilet, cut with worming pills and costing four times as much."

:)

Tags
yum drugs
Back
Top Bottom