Mel Gibson, Morrissey and Tom Jones pic in Los Angeles

Nice picture! Tom Jones looks incredible! Good to see Moz hanging out with the fellas. BTW....that necklace on Moz's neck is not a Rosary. He is wearing a cross, the other necklace is something else.

He's sooooo nurturing to her. :lbf:

I like Jesse. I shook his hand, he took the time to kiss my dog's face and scratch his head (major points there), he was really friendly and he kills it on stage. And he's real, he's not trying to market himself like a fake person. He's just a mellow, calming presence. I can see why Morrissey likes him.

"he kills it on stage." Knowbody can argue with that comment !

we'll let you know

Mel Gibson isn't a Roman Catholic but a Sedevacantist. There's a world of difference. Morrissey looks pretty happy and in much better shape. He's only posed for a photo with Tom and Mel. It's not the end of the world.

Thanks for the lesson, there, Librarian. I also thought ol' Mel was a Roman Catholic. Learn something new...

Re: Mel Gibson, Morrissey, Tom Jones

Conservative - big C meaning the movement and ideology, not the party. I didn't think you were referring to him as a collective. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

You said

"I'm disappointed he smiled and put his arm around Mel Gibson when the man's such a massive pig. Ultra-conservative, sexist, racist, homophobic, the list goes on and on."

Writing it this way you've grouped ultra-Conservatism, with sexism, racism and homophobia. While most people here would agree those last three views are outdated and indefensible (in fact, in some countries, against the law), I questioned whether it was fair to tar Conservatism with the same brush. I don't think being a Conservative is as bad as being homophobic.

Did you read your own link? The very next sentence is: "A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative." Irrelevant nit-picking anyhow.

In my experience, ultra-conservative people do indeed tend to be sexist, racist, and homophobic. I'm American, if that's relevant, and it probably is; our conservatives are more extremist than those elsewhere. Their political platform is comprised of sexist, racist, and homophobic views, and the individuals they elect are invariably sexist, racist, and homophobic. You seem surprised that someone would have noticed this. And you seem surprised that someone might tar you with the same brush, despite having chosen the likeness of a sexist, racist, homophobic, conservative old man as your avatar. You can't credibly have it both ways -- you can't identify yourself as a member of a group while claiming not to share their views. If you're not sexist, racist, and homophobic, you might benefit from spending some quality time thinking about why you're eager to align yourself with people who mostly are. Unless you're just a troll, of course, in which case your views will be forever shifting to whatever seems to get a response out of others. I have a feeling you're not a stranger to trolling, and I've got stuff to do now anyhow, so I won't be returning to this thread.

i don't recall spencer calling him a rascist!

He didn't call him anything...just pointing out that he cut ties with him via a fax that ended with the phrase 'Jew Boy'.

Re: Mel Gibson, Morrissey, Tom Jones

Did you read your own link? The very next sentence is: "A person who follows the philosophies of conservatism is referred to as a traditionalist or conservative." Irrelevant nit-picking anyhow.

In my experience, ultra-conservative people do indeed tend to be sexist, racist, and homophobic. I'm American, if that's relevant, and it probably is; our conservatives are more extremist than those elsewhere. Their political platform is comprised of sexist, racist, and homophobic views, and the individuals they elect are invariably sexist, racist, and homophobic. You seem surprised that someone would have noticed this. And you seem surprised that someone might tar you with the same brush, despite having chosen the likeness of a sexist, racist, homophobic, conservative old man as your avatar. You can't credibly have it both ways -- you can't identify yourself as a member of a group while claiming not to share their views. If you're not sexist, racist, and homophobic, you might benefit from spending some quality time thinking about why you're eager to align yourself with people who mostly are. Unless you're just a troll, of course, in which case your views will be forever shifting to whatever seems to get a response out of others. I have a feeling you're not a stranger to trolling, and I've got stuff to do now anyhow, so I won't be returning to this thread.

I think you've confused me with someone else. I never said I was a conservative.

My name isn't Skylarker, moron. Learn to read.

Infact why did you respond to my post with what you did, because actually it does imply you thought it was rascist because being rascist was what we was talking about.

Last edited:
Infact why did you respond to my post with what you did, because actually it does imply you thought it was rascist because being rascist was what we was talking about.

You're a bit dense, eh?

Unfortunately for you, you are.

1194989548506685753no_u_turn_sign_01.svg.med.png

I agree with what Girl Afraid said I really don`t think most reasonable people would think Morrissey is a racist because of this pic.Come on people.And the Jessie comments are so boring. :rolleyes:The Catholic thing Morrissey said some time ago that he is a seriously lapsed Catholic.He has also said it stays with you no matter what.Being raised Catholic myself I can attest to that.It does stay with you no matter what.Then my mom changed religions ....That really stays with you too.Anyway Moz racist I don`t think so.

You are one of the sorry sods that praises Morrissey no matter what he does. Morrissey puts down many of the things that Mel stands for, yet he decides to have a photo taken with him for some "tongue in cheek" reason? Give me a break!

This is just more evidence of how much of a hypocrite Morrissey really is, and for anyone to say otherwise is idiotic. All of you BRS lovers and rodent lemmings cannot think for yourselves--no matter what! Oh how we miss our mozzer--I guess he is too busy handing with these dudes and seeing the washed up Stones.

And to top it off, Tobias can take snapshots as well as he writes music and plays guitar--horribly.

Im not entirely sure what you are trying to show me.

An interview with Scott Matthew, Spencer's post-Morrissey-era bandmate in Elva Snow.

Did you get to ever meet Morrissey through Spencer?

No, I mean, they’d been feuding for ages. Still are.

Do you have any good Morrissey stories?
(laughs) Yeah, I got one. I don’t know if I should be telling this. Well, O.K., so Spencer and I were writing together in his apartment in the East Village one afternoon–and Spencer spoke liberally to me about his experiences with Morrissey, that he’s kind of an intense, strange person, and there are rumors that he’s a racist–not that I really believe it, maybe he just uses racist remarks to shock or whatever. Or maybe I’m just still a fan and I’m creating excuses for him. Anyway, at that stage in Morrissey’s life–this was the late 90s–he was big into faxing. It’s very ominous, faxing. I mean, there’s this big, scary machine sitting there and suddenly it just beeps and the grr grr grr of the paper coming through, it’s really a little frightening! So Spencer and I are writing a song together and off goes the fax machine in the other room. And Spencer goes in there and it’s Morrissey faxing to see if he can use this song that he and Spencer wrote together. I think Morrissey owed Spencer money then and things were all out of sorts. So Spencer faxes him back and says, you know, sorry mate but I don’t think that’d be best until we’ve got all the rights sorted out, et cetera, et cetera. And he comes back into the living room and he and I are pling-plonging away on our guitars. Then, after a little while, we hear beep! grrrrr grrrrr grrrrr and we both look at each other and Spencer goes in to get the fax, and he comes back with this piece of paper in his hands and in big, black letters scrolled across the page it reads, ‘YOUR LOSS JEW BOY.’ It was like a death threat the way it looked! (laughs) Poor Spencer, he was just devastated. He’s very sensitive, too. I think after that he and I just went to a bar, did some drugs, drank beer for ten hours.

- - - Updated - - -

for the first time in you're 10,000 or so posts ,I have to agree w` you
and Uncle ninny are you're redundant,pointless mean spirited comments
necessary,or you are self hating Jewish Moe??

scoop_17260_6528.jpg

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom