Mel Gibson, Morrissey and Tom Jones pic in Los Angeles

Re: Mel Gibson, Morrissey, Tom Jones

I see a little bit of a resemblance between Moz n' Mel.

Me too. They're both fond of the odd anti-Semitic comment. And occasionally a racist one. Or perhaps they're just both misunderstood.

Obviously Mel loved Mozzer's Catholic chic. At least their xenophobia doesn't stretch to orange Welshmen.

I'm disappointed he smiled and put his arm around Mel Gibson when the man's such a massive pig. Ultra-conservative, sexist, racist, homophobic, the list goes on and on. He beat his girlfriend, refers to black people as "n------," and rants about Jews. For people who don't know about him, read about some of this stuff here:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2010/jul/02/mel-gibson-racist-rant

The fact that he's ultra-Catholic and Morrissey is wearing a rosary in the pic doesn't give me a good feeling. It's as if he's willing to overlook all the hideous things this man has said and done just because they both happened to have parents who were happy to let the Catholic Church get its hooks in them when they were too young to resist.

I'm disappointed he smiled and put his arm around Mel Gibson when the man's such a massive pig. Ultra-conservative, sexist, racist, homophobic, the list goes on and on. He beat his girlfriend, refers to black people as "n------," and rants about Jews. For people who don't know about him, read about some of this stuff here:

The fact that he's ultra-Catholic and Morrissey is wearing a rosary in the pic doesn't give me a good feeling. It's as if he's willing to overlook all the hideous things this man has said and done just because they both happened to have parents who were happy to let the Catholic Church get its hooks in them when they were too young to resist.

While many of your charges are justified, are people not allowed to be "ultra-Conservative" anymore? (I'm assuming you meant with a capital c.)

Last edited:

Me too. They're both fond of the odd anti-Semitic comment. And occasionally a racist one. Or perhaps they're just both misunderstood.

misunderstood, by you certainly.

Mel Gibson looks like a young Freddie Starr in that picture.

After his hatchet job on the English in both Braveheart and The Patriot it was a relief we didn't get the blame in The Passion Of The Christ, or Signs for that matter.

Nice to discover Tobias can't point a camera any better than he can write music.

oh here he is, page 1, predictable as ever with his sniping sixth form drivel. do you ever get sick of yourself?

Thank god I don't live and die by Morrissey's decisions.

oh here he is, page 1, predictable as ever with his sniping sixth form drivel. do you ever get sick of yourself?

No, you're absolutely right. Unforgivable of me. Tobias CAN point a camera as well as he writes music.

Better?

I am sure Morrissey just saw a photo opportunity with these two. Knowing him it was probably a little tongue in cheek, considering who he is with. Tom "I was a legend but now I'm a sell out on The Voice" Jones and Mel "Quite a good actor, mainly in The Passion Of The Christ, but now I am better known for my racism" Gibson.

I am almost 100% sure it has nothing to do with Mozzer's 'support' of a racist culture.

Oh dear, a new low. You couldn't pick two bigger c***s. At least Rick Astley said he was a Smiths fan back in the day, so that pic wasn't as bizarre as it seems. Were it Gibson and Tom Jones at a Moz concert it would be worse.

While many of your charges are justified, are people not allowed to be "ultra-Conservative" anymore? (I'm assuming you meant with a capital c.)

I meant small-c because I meant to refer to more than just a political party; I meant that the guy's entire world-view seems to be that tradition for tradition's sake is valuable, even the profoundly ugly and hateful parts. I don't see what "allowed" has to do with anything -- of course people are entitled to hold whatever views they want, but they're not entitled to have those views admired by others. I think your language is similarly off-base in referring to my "charges" -- I'm not charging anyone with anything; I'm pointing out what Gibson chose to say and do on numerous occasions. There are recordings of what he said and did and he's acknowledged it himself. By using the word "charges" you make it sound as if the basic facts are in dispute. They're not.

I meant small-c because I meant to refer to more than just a political party; I meant that the guy's entire world-view seems to be that tradition for tradition's sake is valuable, even the profoundly ugly and hateful parts. I don't see what "allowed" has to do with anything -- of course people are entitled to hold whatever views they want, but they're not entitled to have those views admired by others. I think your language is similarly off-base in referring to my "charges" -- I'm not charging anyone with anything; I'm pointing out what Gibson chose to say and do on numerous occasions. There are recordings of what he said and did and he's acknowledged it himself. By using the word "charges" you make it sound as if the basic facts are in dispute. They're not.

Conservative - big C meaning the movement and ideology, not the party. I didn't think you were referring to him as a collective. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism

charge - noun, def

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/charge

6b : a statement of complaint or hostile criticism

You said

"I'm disappointed he smiled and put his arm around Mel Gibson when the man's such a massive pig. Ultra-conservative, sexist, racist, homophobic, the list goes on and on."

Writing it this way you've grouped ultra-Conservatism, with sexism, racism and homophobia. While most people here would agree those last three views are outdated and indefensible (in fact, in some countries, against the law), I questioned whether it was fair to tar Conservatism with the same brush. I don't think being a Conservative is as bad as being homophobic.

Last edited:
Anyone on here praising Morrissey yet decrying Gibson as a hateful racist is in serious need of a reality check.

Gibson can't be too homophobic, considering one of his best mates is Jodi Foster. Racist? Yes. Unless "gangraped by a pack of ni**ers" can be taken out of context?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom