Meat, Morrissey and Mein Führer

Hitler's identification as a "vegetarian" is irrelevant, not least because as BrummieBoy points out there is no ethical consistency to the tag anyway.

Many animals tear each other limb from limb and eat each other alive, thats how the food chain works and we are just another animal. If you want us to treat animals kindly and not harm them, which one of you wants to go and ask a lion to stop killing gazelles as its a bit unethical?

Many animals tear each other limb from limb and eat each other alive, thats how the food chain works and we are just another animal. If you want us to treat animals kindly and not harm them, which one of you wants to go and ask a lion to stop killing gazelles as its a bit unethical?

I'd do it but I don't speak Lionese.

Lions aren't factory farming gazelles or displaying them as trophies in their mantels. :rolleyes:

I've been thinking about this recently. The thing is, humans have alternatives. Non-Human animals who live freely do not.
Also, non-human animals do not have the brain capacity to comprehend ethics/morality. They are biologically programmed to do what they do. It's unfair to compare human animals to non-human animals as we are very different, in terms of how our brains function.

As humans, we are innately contemplative, we are capable of creative and complex thinking. And although there are exceptions, we are innately empathetic. These factors allow us to think about new ways of living. So we should be intelligent enough to know eating another living thing is barbaric and that there are actually other ways to survive. A lion has no other option but to kill.

My point:
A lion kills because is has to.
Humans have alternatives. We do NOT have to kill.

Last edited:
Talking about animals having ethics is a profound waste of time, it's derailing the heart of the matter that humans have overstepped their position in life. Discussing ethics is about as productive is imagining cows discussing how ineffective our one-chamber digestive tract is, it's pointless. Humans are wrong, there's no discussion. What are we going to do to CORRECT IT is what we should be discussing, not how amazing humans are. Or AREN'T.

Talking about animals having ethics is a profound waste of time, it's derailing the heart of the matter that humans have overstepped their position in life. Discussing ethics is about as productive is imagining cows discussing how ineffective our one-chamber digestive tract is, it's pointless. Humans are wrong, there's no discussion. What are we going to do to CORRECT IT is what we should be discussing, not how amazing humans are. Or AREN'T.

I agree. Humans are not right.

But, I believe, before action there is thought. Change can only occur when people understand the issue at hand then we can act upon that thought.
It's frustrating when people assume that because we are a part of the supposed 'food chain' that we should behave like other animals. People assume 'Oh other animals kill animals, so can we''. We simply shouldn't be comparing ourselves.

Last edited:
I agree. Humans are not right.

But, I believe, before action there is thought. Change can only occur when people understand the issue at hand then we can act upon that thought.
It's frustrating when people assume that because we are a part of the supposed 'food chain' that we should behave like other animals. People assume 'Oh other animals kill animals, so can we''. We simply shouldn't be comparing ourselves.

Wow, you're really, really, really smart and clearly a profound thinker ahead of your times. I'm glad there's people like you around places like message boards to think.

Wow, you're really, really, really smart and clearly a profound thinker ahead of your times. I'm glad there's people like you around places like message boards to think.

This is a surprise. I am usually attacked or ridiculed for expressing such things
Thinking is greatly underrated and compliance is sadly overrated.

This is a surprise. I am usually attacked or ridiculed for expressing such things
Thinking is greatly underrated and compliance is sadly overrated.

200_s.gif

There is for the life of a critical thinker. I bet you did well in math class.

200_s.gif

There is for the life of a critical thinker. I bet you did well in math class.

Nope. I failed Maths. It bored me to death.
I became more of a critical thinker from studying Philosophy and Psychology briefly while at Sixth Form. They're really valuable and interesting subjects.
Perhaps there is algebra in real life. Life is subjective, and there are types of algebra that lead to more than one answer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom