Maximum Volume review by Damian Sullivan - IANADOAC 9.5/10

www.maximumvolumemusic.com/review-morrisey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain-2020/
by Damian Sullivan

"‘The Truth About Ruth’ has some twinkling piano keys to open this quite dark refrain, a real kind of torch song. A fairly lengthy piece ‘The Secret of Music’ runs at just under eight minutes long and is the penultimate song on the album. I found the rhythmic drum beat with Morrissey`s vocal delivery laid atop quite mesmerising and hypnotic. The song will get into your subconscious, it`s so subtly spellbinding. ‘My Hurling Days Are Done’ closes out this offering and it`s again another reflective track that builds musically and has some graceful almost choral childlike harmonies. I have so say I wasn`t sure what to expect but any misgivings I may have anticipated were overcome. It`s somewhat different musically but still recognisable as Morrissey and a Morrissey back at the top of his game"

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed there are two new songs on youtube. It's getting difficult to hear a new album in its natural habitat isn't it?

Stephen !!!! Again.

Nice review, a few caveats but they seem to abandon them in favour of ignoring Moz's eccentricities (which I would agree with).

(don't know the site, so don't know how credible it is).

Nice review but if you going to try and look clever and use his full name you really should spell it correctly!

Last edited:
this just shows how silly the geeks 0/5 review actually was.like monorail records shes had her five minutes.

It would seem like a good wine; Morrissey gets better with age. Maybe, the more you ignore him, the closer he`ll get.

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom