Marc Almond likes "Spent The Day In Bed"

Given the massive brain trauma Marc went through - he's lucky to be alive.
I think a typo can be forgiven.
I have a fondness for Soft Cell simply because they were so very different on TOTP in amongst so much dross. Covering Tainted Love was a great move. Gloria's Northern Soul original is a wonderful track and she made Bolan very happy - it's a shame they screwed her over after he died.
Regards,
FWD.

Marc Almond has released some ace songs down through the years: Tainted Love, Say Hello Wave Goodbye, The Gates of Pearly Spencer, etc. A Moz Almond duet would be amazing. 'Moz Almond' sounds like a deluxe chocolate nut you can only buy at Christmas. I like how it sounds.
Off topic: I'm starting to listen to the new Gary Numan album and it's not half bad!

Marc Almond has released some ace songs down through the years: Tainted Love, Say Hello Wave Goodbye, The Gates of Pearly Spencer...

Yes. Jacky, I Feel Love, Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart... Nothing at all against MA, but you get quite a long way down the list before you find one that isn't a cover version. That's one way in which he is not like Morrissey.

Last edited:
In related news, it has been reported that Frankie Goes to Hollywood is completely impartial to I Wish You Lonely.

Spent The Day In Bed has nothing in common with Bedsitter, other than the 3 letters in the title.
Besides, only one of these songs is any good.

Given the massive brain trauma Marc went through - he's lucky to be alive.
I think a typo can be forgiven.
I have a fondness for Soft Cell simply because they were so very different on TOTP in amongst so much dross. Covering Tainted Love was a great move. Gloria's Northern Soul original is a wonderful track and she made Bolan very happy - it's a shame they screwed her over after he died.
Regards,
FWD.
What happened to Gloria was awful. She was driving and lost her lover,soul mate,career and health in the accident. She was seriously injured with her jaw wired up and vocal cords permanently damaged.She was semi-conscious and only informed of Marc's death on the day of the funeral.Their house was looted by fans and/or others on the day of the accident.She faced the very real possibility of death by dangerous driving or drink driving charges. She left the country with nothing to come back for or to.Gloria had a child ( Rolan ) to look after and she did.

Spent The Day In Bed has nothing in common with Bedsitter, other than the 3 letters in the title.

Dancing, laughing, drinking, loving....

yes, i agree, 'Spent the day in bed ' is a great song, makes me wonder why new bands like the National can't write any songs as good.

Nico’s last recording was with Marc Almond. I always thought of him and Moz as kindred spirits, curious that they’ve never been seen/spoken of together.

yes, it's no surprise Marc would like 'Spent the day in bed' anyone with great taste in music would.

Morrissey and Marc have similar influences... Sparks, Jobriath,Bolan,etc and yes...

NICO.

'my heart is empty, but the songs i sing

are filled with love for you...'

:bow:

I always thought the opening drums of Say Hello, Wave Goodbye could have been a bit of an influence on Reel Around The Fountain.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom