Marc Almond likes "Spent The Day In Bed"

If you cant spell morrissey, you're opinion doesnt count.

It possibly does if you're one of the most iconic performers of the eighties.

Perhaps it doesn't if you use the incorrect 'your' and and don't add apostrophes to contractions.

It possibly does if you're one of the most iconic performers of the eighties.

Perhaps it doesn't if you use the incorrect 'your' and and don't add apostrophes to contractions.

thanks for pointing that out, now i feel like such an idiot. All because of my poor education.

but I would love to hear morrissey cover ''say hello, wave goodbye'' my fave soft cell song of all time.

Interesting reading the thoughts of people that commented on Marc's tweet (below).
There's a lot of love out there for Spent the Day including from people who've never much liked Morrissey before, or not for a long time.
Can't deny I'm a little surprised - to me it's a quite good song rather than a great song.

· I love this song. It is real old school Morrissey. Reminds me of Student days
· No boss, no bus, no rain, no train........genius x
· Actually love this too – not his biggest fan but this is great
· I agree, great tune
· Me too. Stop reading the papers too.
· I listen to it once and it’s stuck in my head all day. Tis great.
· I just listened to it. He’s right. Lol
· A fantastic single
· It’s annoyingly catchy
· My 11 and 13 year olds keep singing it to me. Great track.
· I love it too. First Morrissey song that I’ve liked.
· I’m so fed up with my partner singing it to me.
· This has been a constant earworm. It reminds me of the Vauxhall and I era – one of the best.
· I love this song – it’s real old school Morrissey
· Banging tune
· I love the video too

Morrissey and marc almond are probably two of the most misunderstood people in pop due to their sexuality.who cares if marc spelt Morrissey incorrectly,certainly shaped my years when I first started going out a long time ago,taintd love was one of the first songs that started the new romantic movement which I will will stand up for till my legs are like two rich tea biscuits after they have been dunked in a cup of tea.

Morrissey and marc almond are probably two of the most misunderstood people in pop due to their sexuality.who cares if marc spelt Morrissey incorrectly,certainly shaped my years when I first started going out a long time ago,tainted love was one of the first songs that started the new romantic movement which I will will stand up for till my legs are like two rich tea biscuits after they have been dunked in a cup of tea.

:thumb:agree, it is a great song....

It's really nice and everything that two millionaires both appreciate the value of spending the day in bed.

Marc Almond's band , or Soft Cell's 'non stop Erotic Caberet' is a classic early 80's album.

Strange his biggest hit was with Gene Pitney's 'somehting's gotten hold of my heart'

Maybe Marc should try a duet with Allison Moyet, anyway good to read Marc likes Morrissey's single'

'say hello and wave goodbye'

Marc Almond is a great performer and showman. He's been singing Interlude in his latest tour and mentions he was going to cover it in the 90s but another duet beat him to it (Morrissey and Siouxsie). These three artists area my top 3 in music.

Nico’s last recording was with Marc Almond. I always thought of him and Moz as kindred spirits, curious that they’ve never been seen/spoken of together.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom