Morrissey Central "Mamma Lay Softly" (August 15, 2020)

"The flowers of solace, comfort and consolation that have arrived at Beechmount - my mother's home for over 30 years, and now, her premature place of rest, are all so Hindu sundar; so beautiful; so expensive; so lavish; so glamorous; so much more than I ever expected that anyone anywhere would bestow on my mother. For my own life I don't care anything, but how my worldwide friends have regarded my mother with such great respect and faithful love is a gift to me that no success, triumphs or riches could match.

I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Morrissey
14 August 2020.

Update:
Central add some more floral tribute images:

Media item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I never met the man but from all accounts he is a nice person. It is hard to digest some of the vile and hateful comments that I am reading especially in this posting.
Yet you can digest and admire the vile hateful comments from Morrissey's mouth over the years and that he proudly puts his support behind a British right wing political party.

Forgive me if it's been answered, but did they mention a cause of death? Or was just simply old age/"illness"?

They haven't said - just that she was in trouble & then that she had died.

Agreed - one of the reasons I left solo a few years ago. Not sure I made the right decision coming back. The man just lost his mother and I can't believe some of the awful things that are being posted. What the hell is wrong with some of you people? I am astounded...
It's been like this years. You just have to filter out the loathsome, self-regarding, moronic scum. There are some incredible and wonderful people who regularly post interesting and engaging things...put everyone else on ignore.

Been thinking of You since Your Mother passed, reminded me of when You sang.........'and when She passed away I cried and cried all day. Alone again,naturally'......so many people are thinking of You and Your Family at this very sad time and sending their love.🌹🌈

It's the prayer requests that are tradition - putting them on Facebook doesn't change the practice.

During lockdown most Masses were online that doesn't mean the mass isn't tradition.

We're talking about a man who tries to sex up his dad bod by dressing as a priest, and a nephew who can't get his Matthew 7.7 right, but sure, I'm the one in need of a proper education. After calling me random, a prat, and having a weird fantasy about me not changing clothes, and after you liked this remarkably elaborate condemnation of my prose
Utter rubbish.
you now act like a couple of mormons cornering the village idiot...
Every day is like Sunday school, there's no sign of John Travolta bringing me a cuppa, and I used to find mass boring but that was before I read your posts...

Still, well played, you got a lot more attention than all the sanctimonious soloists who bravely display moral outrage whenever anybody happens to not cry crocodile tears when a guy who can only think of Kentucky Fried Chicken after hearing about a massacre loses his elderly mum...
And how brave they are, never naming any names, except the easy targets, the ones they're sure they can attack, because the others, well, you never know, who is who, really, on the internet, do you. :rolleyes:

Bye Nerak. You were dumb but at least frontal, like this other poster whose name I've already forgotten...Damn...How could I...Someone so important!!

We're talking about a man who tries to sex up his dad bod by dressing as a priest, and a nephew who can't get his Matthew 7.7 right, but sure, I'm the one in need of a proper education. After calling me random, a prat, and having a weird fantasy about me not changing clothes, and after you liked this remarkably elaborate condemnation of my prose

you now act like a couple of mormons cornering the village idiot...
Every day is like Sunday school, there's no sign of John Travolta bringing me a cuppa, and I used to find mass boring but that was before I read your posts...

Still, well played, you got a lot more attention than all the sanctimonious soloists who bravely display moral outrage whenever anybody happens to not cry crocodile tears when a guy who can only think of Kentucky Fried Chicken after hearing about a massacre loses his elderly mum...
And how brave they are, never naming any names, except the easy targets, the ones they're sure they can attack, because the others, well, you never know, who is who, really, on the internet, do you. :rolleyes:

Bye Nerak. You were dumb but at least frontal, like this other poster whose name I've already forgotten...Damn...How could I...Someone so important!!

It's not about how pious they are - it's about what they're used to.

I didn't quite catch the rest of your post but I'm sure it was riveting.

64189ea30eb68775586ad6f46e690b15.gif

"I send you what remains of my love, and I hope that we all survive so that one day, one way, the halls of music and free expression will never again hold the power to exercise their malicious deception that keeps us apart."

Sure.

The melodrama.

The malicious deception. eh up conspiracy theories are back.

780,000 deaths is a malicious deception.

He wants us all to get together in a venue because it is all a deception. That's love for you. I wouldn't be advising any love one of mine to go anywhere near a venue full of people.

Yeah, I think that's roughly what it means. It makes sense as a metaphor.
But if it's that, why is it "malicious"?

Because it tells audience & performer that they're separate things.

And it's a nasty lie.

He did once say he turned up to watch the audience.
I know that quote but I don't see the connection at all.

But I also don't think it really matters what exactly he meant.

í read the statement properly last night, after 3 glasses of johnnie walker red label. It made complete sense to me. But í've lost it again. It's still lovely though. And í don't think it's anything to do with conspiracies, or the like. He's just going for that "I am he as you are he as you are me " , í think.

I know that quote but I don't see the connection at all.

But I also don't think it really matters what exactly he meant.

The connection is performers aren't meant to be watching the audience - the audience watches, the performers perform.

I think he's just saying performers & audiences are the one thing.

It doesn't matter - but I do a lot of editing, so I can't help mulling things over. I would have sent it back to him with a question mark.

The connection is performers aren't meant to be watching the audience - the audience watches, the performers perform.

I think he's just saying performers & audiences are the one thing.

It doesn't matter - but I do a lot of editing, so I can't help mulling things over. I would have sent it back to him with a

I get that. I just don't understand why you think he refers to this idea from a 13 year old quote and what's "malicious" about not understanding that he's one with the audience.

Guess we'll never know. Unless @joe frady 's whisky fueled wisdom returns and he enlightens us 😏

I get that. I just don't understand why you think he refers to this idea from a 13 year old quote and what's "malicious" about not understanding that he's one with the audience.

Guess we'll never know. Unless @joe frady 's whisky fueled wisdom returns and he enlightens us 😏

#Enabler 🥃

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom