Malcolm McLaren dies aged 64

I am a Ghost

By Tom Peck

Thursday, 8 April 2010

Malcolm McLaren, the former manager of the Sex Pistols and impresario, has died. He was 64.

McLaren had had cancer for some time. His condition recently deteriorated rapidly and he died this morning in New York. His body is expected to be brought home to be buried in Highgate cemetery, north London.

Born in North London, McLaren was best known as the manager of the iconic punk band The Sex Pistols. After attending and dropping out of several art colleges in 1971 he opened a clothes shop on the King’s Road , Let It Rock, with Vivienne Westwood.

He achieved the notoriety that never left him when The Sex Pistols’ anti-establishment single God Save The Queen stole the number one spot during the Queen’s silver jubilee in 1977.

His spokesman Les Molloy told The Independent: “He had been suffering from cancer for some time, but recently had been full of health, which then rapidly deteroriated. He died in New York this morning. We are expecting his body to be brought back to London and buried in Highgate Cemetery."

R.I.P, was only talking about him a few hours ago

RIP, Malcom. He was definitely one of a kind and hugely influential.

3:02 "sing away Catherine"
:tears:

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
[youtube]Rt6Co7EMNCU&feature=related[/youtube]

Good Lord, that's unexpected. Does anyone else recall the very, very ill-fated revamping of The New York Dolls he masterminded? One project too far.

He'll be missed.

P.

Good Lord, that's unexpected. Does anyone else recall the very, very ill-fated revamping of The New York Dolls he masterminded?

P.

One of the most influential figures in British culture
has just died with a long list of achievements so no,not today.
Not everything has to come back to Morrissey .

One of the most influential figures in British culture
has just died with a long list of achievements so no,not today.
Not everything has to come back to Morrissey .

I didn't mention Morrissey - it was a personal recollection.

P.

That's so sad. A legend who was responsible for the '70s punk explosion. May he rest in peace.:tears:

I don't want to sound insensitive but I can agree the he was important to 70's punk, no responsible.

The Ramones were responsible for it. Not Malcolm, neither the Sex Pistols.

I didn't mention Morrissey - it was a personal recollection.

P.

Just insensitive timing then.

"Morrissey's just died" 'does anyone remember 'Dagenham Dave' ?"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom