MAD Magazine Facebook page features Morrissey comic by Luke McGarry

Link from Rob32:

42877_mad_magazine_20180424.jpg

Vodka is the ultimate alcoholic's drink 'cause it's apparently less stinky on the breath. That's why the piss heads who're still clinging on to their jobs hammer it. Once all of that goes it's straight on to the White Lightening and Buckfast.

That said a vodka and orange juice isn't a bad drink.

Vodka is the ultimate alcoholic's drink 'cause it's apparently less stinky on the breath. That's why the piss heads who're still clinging on to their jobs hammer it. Once all of that goes it's straight on to the White Lightening and Buckfast.

I'll have a salty dog (vodka and fresh grapefruit with a salted rim) in the summer sometimes, only because it's a few steps less than a margarita.

Gin my favourite short and pilsner favourite lager. Love white rioja and red melbec wine just so you guys know.

Yep. But I would add to that, it's very useful for people like me. I don't really drink because of various health conditions, but if do have one to be sociable it's always a simple vodka and soda. Fairly tasteless, as you say, but it's a very 'clean' alcohol - very little yeast or sugar, so it does the least damage. And my friend, who drinks my share and more besides, tells me that sticking to vodka is a good way to avoid a hangover. Maybe that's why the 'professional' drinkers favour it.
Truthfully the only way to avoid a hangover is to hydrate before, during, and after, and drink a sensible amount. The more I pour for others, the less I want to pour for myself.

I find all alcohol to taste terrible from wine to beer to liquor etc and when I did choose to drink in rare occasions Id usually chose something like vodka since I could just throw it back as quick as possible and taste as little as possible

I keep hoping for a resurrection on Netflix, or another tour out of them. I've seen them twice and nearly choked from laughing so hard both times.

Yer I've tweeted netflix asking for a resurrection a few times, it'd be a no brainer! but no joy so far. I'd love to see them live, but they never tour the UK. oh well, we'll always have the old shows!

Reckon the chap who did this cartoon is from Brittin and lives in Moz Angeles. No American is going to get this cartoon. I reckon me don't read "Mad Magazine" but this is going to be a top mental failure in America, but reckon it will be huge in the foreign countries. I reckon me hope Uncle Steve gets the Beverly Hills attorney team to sue this f*** for defamation and remove the cartoon.
I'm American and understood it. Kanye West is all over the news and social media these days.

I'll have a salty dog (vodka and fresh grapefruit with a salted rim) in the summer sometimes, only because it's a few steps less than a margarita.

Surely putting salt on your rim can't be very healthy for you. Why would anyone drink vodka and grapefruit with a salted rim ?
Please don't try it kids.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Surely putting salt on your rim can't be very healthy for you. Why would anyone drink vodka and grapefruit with a salted rim ?
Please don't try it kids.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
I wouldn't recommend it for kids either. Most of them despise grapefruit juice.

I like a vodka and soda. A bit boring really. If it's nice weather I like a few cans of Debowe on the Embankment beforehand (or any other pleasant spot within travelling distance) Usually buy an all day bus ticket and hop on and off at nice watering holes. I was once drinking in the cemetery and a skinhead came and stood by a grave. He hadn't seen me. He poured a bit of his lager onto the grave and said 'that one's for you mate' very solemly. He was embarrassed when he realised I was nearby.

I like a vodka and soda. A bit boring really. If it's nice weather I like a few cans of Debowe on the Embankment beforehand (or any other pleasant spot within travelling distance) Usually buy an all day bus ticket and hop on and off at nice watering holes. I was once drinking in the cemetery and a skinhead came and stood by a grave. He hadn't seen me. He poured a bit of his lager onto the grave and said 'that one's for you mate' very solemly. He was embarrassed when he realised I was nearby.
Nice story. And yes, you can pour me a vodka and soda too, please.

A screwdriver:

screwdrvier-720x720-recipe.jpg

not to mention ice tea and vodka i.e. ice pick:

picBFyfp0.jpg

However, if you are looking for the best alcohol drink hands down the sapphire martini. Blue curacao and gin...so smooth! By the second one you realize how great life is!

sapphire-martini-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Vodka is the ultimate alcoholic's drink 'cause it's apparently less stinky on the breath. That's why the piss heads who're still clinging on to their jobs hammer it.

That's true -- but it's also true that alcohol evaporates the body through the skin, so if you drink enough you'll still stink of booze. You just don't stink of whiskey, beer, wine or whatever flavour you've been having your poison with.

At one time there were news articles of girls somewhere (always somewhere else) dousing their tampons in vodka, because then their breath wouldn't stink while intoxicated. Let's hope it's an urban legend, because -- like pointed above -- it doesn't work and it would cause some serious damage down below.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom