Lydia Night on her collaboration with Billie Joe Armstrong and Morrissey - Kerrang!

LYDIA NIGHT ON HER COLLABORATION WITH BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG AND MORRISSEY - Kerrang!
The Regrettes leader Lydia Night explains how her joint effort with Billie Joe Armstrong on the new Morrissey album, California Son, came about.

Excerpt:

We caught up with Lydia backstage in Brum before their set to find out how her collaboration with Moz and Billie Joe on the track Wedding Bell Blues – originally by The Fifth Dimension – came about…

“I had no idea Billie Joe was on the song, which is really funny! I was hit up by my manager, and I guess someone on Morrissey’s team suggested me to be one of the vocalists on it, and I was like, ‘Yeah, of course!’ I’ve grown up loving The Smiths – my cat’s name is Morrissey! So I went in and sang background vocals on the song, and then left. And then I found out on the day it was announced that Billie Joe was on it too, which is crazy. I haven’t heard it yet, so I have no idea what it’s going to be like (laughs), but it’s a great song!

“I’ve met Billie Joe before, and he’s awesome. He’s great – he’s exactly what you’d expect. He’s really, really inspiring, and really intelligent. I mean, he’s built this empire and opened so many doors for so many bands – it’s crazy!”

46395_Lydia-Night-Billie-Joe-Armstrong.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
As prophetic Aztec, on here, seems to know Morrissey's comings and goings so accurately, maybe he refused to meet her incase Nancy got jealous.

Last edited:
Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom