"Low In High School" reviews (Spectator, NZ Herald, Hot Press, AllMusic, LV Weekly, Belgium/Finland)

Like a Melanie Phillips column set to bad music: Morrissey’s Low in High School reviewed by Rod Liddle (Grade: B-) - The Spectator. Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).
I like Mel, and I like Mozzer. I just don’t want to actually listen to them

"Low In High School" review by Karl Puschmann (3 of 5 stars) - NZ Herald. Link posted by BrummieBoy (original post).

"Low In High School" review by Peter McNally (6 of 10) - Hot Press. Link posted by BrummieBoy (original post).
In our post-Trump era, where opinion is king, facts have alternatives, and even the nightly news is fake, fake, "FAKE!", a little clarity of purpose goes a long way. Sadly, there's nothing on Low In High School that will clear the murky waters of public opinion that surround Ol' Mozza's apparent political persuasions. More damningly, there's also little of the passion, wit, and romantic truth that, in the past, came so easily to the self-proclaimed Mayor of Manchester.

"Low In High School" review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine (3 of 5 stars) - AllMusic. Link posted by Uncleskinny (original post).

Morrissey’s political and sexual interjections render ’High School’ awkward—for everyone by Mike Prevatt (2.5 / 5 stars) - Las Vegas Weekly

"Low In High School" review by Serge Simonart (4 of 5 stars) - Humo (Dutch). Link posted by Suedestomp (original post).

"Low In High School" review by Simon Meyer-Horn (4 of 5 stars) - Dansende Beren (Dutch). Link posted by Suedestomp (original post).

"Low in High School" review by Mikko Aaltonen (4 of 5 stars) - Helsingin Salomat (Finnish). Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).

"Low in High School" review by Lassi Linnola (4 of 5 stars) - Soundi.fi (Finnish). Link posted by an anonymous person (original post).

Related item:

What an incredible album, different reviewers say different things about different tracks.

Put it all together and the whole album is universally acclaimed.

I myself have had it on an endless spin since it was released.

The song that just can't get out of my head now is the girl from tell aviv....

Morrissey does heighten his benchmark for world music sounding songs in it.

Well, if Rod Liddle doesn't like the album it must be doing something right.

But you don’t care really, do you Orson?

I mean all very interesting what the “critics” say but could it EVER influence your own taste and opinion in any way positive or negative?

You listen for yourself I guess and decide for yourself.
As I said before, the music, the product, be it an album or a concert, is primary.
The rest is secondary. Interesting but secondary nonetheless.
Cheerio! :thumb:

Ooh, looks like a lot of love from Finland with 4/5s all round.
Maybe the next album will have a Finnish theme.
"I am asked to leave this club in Helsinki'?
Hmm, must be a better rhyme...

........ I do cause the owner reminds me of Klaus Kinski.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

No, It won't. Tel Aviv Israel a perfect rhyme

........ I do cause the owner reminds me of Klaus Kinski.
Sorry, couldn’t resist.
klaus_kinski_head_front.jpg

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom