Low In High School is underrated

I enjoyed "Home is a Question Mark", "Israel" and "Jacky..", but beyond that it's a jumbled, mixed-up album with some of Morrissey's worst lyrics. Most songs have really poor vocal melodies, which is where Moz usually excels.
Funny how The Smiths go on
Without our John, Without our John

It's funny how The Smiths go on
Without John, Without John

Funny how The Smiths go on
Without our John, Without our John

la la la la la la la la la la - great guitar line and nice vocal melodies a bit like "I won't share you" don't you think?

All the Young People must Fall in Love reminds me of Give Peace a Chance by John Lennon

All the Young People=MOZ MASTERPIECE(y)
beautiful on tune guitar(y)
with the correct subtle notes🎶
:hammer:

I always felt this line rubbed somewhat uncomfortably against the lyrics of 'I Bury the Living', where he holds an individual soldier to account for the actions of the politicians who send armies into action, and effectively sneers at his death. Either individual citizens are resposible for the actions of the governments they vote into power, and what their countries get up to, or they are not - which is it? And, of course, on the same album Morrissey berates people for even voting in the first place, and tells them not to, so it's very difficult to grasp any kind of coherent political message on this album at all.
Oh he's all over the place with that sorta shit.

I thought it was a brilliant LP but its a typical M LP, in many ways. Uneven, 2 or 3 great songs. Some good ones and some that would have never been a bside in the 90s,
I like Israel the country but the song itself is heartless. Its like he was asked to do a pro Israel song and come up with that, it has none of the passion or love as his songs about Rome or even the song Scandinavia. It certainly hasn't lite up his imagination like his home country, England or his adopted country the USA (though lets be honest when M speaks of loving America, he means CA)

I think Low is underrated in the way Dog is over rated., I like Dog, great LP. Just not quite as great as some say. The genius of the LP is River Clean.

Back
Top Bottom