"Low in High School" - Instant Classic or Damp Squib?

"Low in High School" - Instant Classic or Damp Squib?

• Instant Classic! Commercial success and Morrissey's lyrics in the headlines. Viva Moz!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • The best Morrissey has put out from Quarry 'til now! He's back! 1983-2004 FTW, tho'.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Some truly brilliant tracks, some not so. A solid collection. Has its place in the canon.

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Hmm. I admire Moz' punk attitude in this current state of music, but...quality control...

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Bloody hell, rope in some new songwriting partners! But I admit there are 1 or 2 corkers.

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Damp squib. Dude -- pack it in.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (see thread).

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
Hmmm, I had not thought of that - good points. If that story is true then I imagine some of those songs must have survived.

if true, hope they're good.:pray: Though he may have just been puffing up his chest when he said he had another album pretty much ready to go! :lbf:

my question is: what are the return of morrissey, WPINOYB or Low in High school?
Bc I've thinking that Maladjusted is like Years of Refusal and the return are You Are The Quarry (for Maladjusted) and World Peace is the return for YOR.
Sorry for my bad english.

Btw, I'm in the High School and my score is low :c (so, I'm Low in High School)

Last edited:
my question is: what are the return of morrissey, WPINOYB or Low in High school?
Bc I've thinking that Maladjusted is like Years of Refusal and the return are You Are The Quarry (for Maladjusted) and World Peace is the return for YOR.
Sorry for my bad english.

Btw, I'm in the High School and my score are low :c (so, I'm Low in High School)

'Btw, I'm in the High School and my score are low :c (so, I'm Low in High School)'

finally ! someone who knows what the album title is about ! :thumb:;)

if true, hope they're good.:pray: Though he may have just been puffing up his chest when he said he had another album pretty much ready to go! :lbf:

No, he said it. Puffing up his chest or not. :)
It might be though that in the meantime he has come up with songs that are considered, by him, as better!
But I still want that other album too! :thumb:

I thought WP was easily his best since Vauxhall. Still can't believe that people hold Quarry in high esteem.
It's the same producer and songwriting team as World Peace so I'm pretty optimistic.
Like World Peace, the album title is a bit rubbish, but the leaked cover is a lot worse. If there's been a similar lapse in quality control with the words or music, we could have a pretty duff album on our hands, but I'm optimistic at least for the quality of the music.
The World Peace album (deluxe) yielded 5 really great songs, and quite a few good ones. I'd be more than pleased with a similar strike rate for this one.

Last edited:
I'm excited that they might try something different on this record. I reckon it'll be a rocker, I reckon they're pushing the political element of the album. I reckon people will generally like it but the certain old guard will dislike it.

I think the album will be an embarrassing disaster, based on Moz's apparently ever-increasing plot-losing abilities.

Bear with me though...

I always seem to call things the wrong way when it comes to Morrissey. I thought World Peace would be a masterpiece. I thought Autobiography would be a humiliating failure. Then I though List of the Lost would be a work of genius. I thought we'd never see a proper release for any new Smiths material. I thought he'd one day learn to keep his mouth shut when he has no idea what he's talking about. Etcetera.

Taking all that into account, my prediction is that Low In High School will be the greatest album of Morrissey's career and may well bring an immediate end to all wars.

I think the album will be an embarrassing disaster, based on Moz's apparently ever-increasing plot-losing abilities.

Bear with me though...

I always seem to call things the wrong way when it comes to Morrissey. I thought World Peace would be a masterpiece. I thought Autobiography would be a humiliating failure. Then I though List of the Lost would be a work of genius. I thought we'd never see a proper release for any new Smiths material. I thought he'd one day learn to keep his mouth shut when he has no idea what he's talking about. Etcetera.

Taking all that into account, my prediction is that Low In High School will be the greatest album of Morrissey's career and may well bring an immediate end to all wars.

Not all wars please.
That one here at solo could go on for years, and I don't mind.

Bear with me though...

'my prediction is that Low In High School will be the greatest album of Morrissey's career and may well bring an immediate end to all wars'

well, taking your post into account, all I can say is... I hope you're wrong. ;):)

And anyways, art is subjective.

Only in your opinion.

actually M's work escapes opinion and criticism... it is always beyond beyond beyond mere mortal grasp.. I mean,we could experience it... but it doesn't need us, it exists complete and holy whole on it's own. ;)

Only in your opinion.

But it is a strong one and can be actually understood quite well if you have a look at the enormous amounts of art being produced so far. The variety is mesmerizing and there is no end to that.

If you disagree with the opinion that art is subjective anyway that is okay but does that mean, for you, it is objective?
Just asking cause I don't like that word much as if it implies anyone using it seems to think it is the truth.
And by using it and blaming other people for being subjective think they are right.
Whenever I hear someone claiming to be objective, I get suspicious.

Back
Top Bottom