"Low In High School" enters at #5 in UK album charts

Well, it’s come in at #5. Rather disappointing. I have to believe that if Moz weren’t constantly saying inflammatory comments, it would’ve done better. His sexual assault comments have been everywhere, and if people dove into the interview to see the context, they’d also have encountered his Berlin “rape capital” stuff. Perhaps someone who knows more about by the charts, sales, and all that could find a better explanation or analysis than I.

Excerpt from officialcharts.com article:

Morrissey picks up his 13th Top 10 record with Low in High School at Number 5. Low in High School was also the best-selling on vinyl and cassette this week.

Posted by SCL:

Now, official numbers for Low inHigh School:

No.5 UK Albums Chart: 25,728 copies sold
Nº1 UK Vinyl Albums Chart: vinyl 6,766

* World Peace. . . sold 18,762 during its 1st week

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people are forgetting how many sales went through pre-order. It was number 1 on Amazon sales on that week where a lot of people pre-ordered to get gig ticket access. All of these pre-orders are not counted in the chart, so if they had been included, I can guarantee the figure would have been a LOT higher!
All pre-orders counted towards the charts hence going straight in at Number 2 then sadly dropping to no5

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom