Low In High School drops from number 5 to 46 in mid week chart

Ouch. There's no way of knowing if that's a reaction to his controversial comments or just the fact his fanbase tend to buy it first chance they get and in multiple formats (nothing wrong with that) so the second week drop is expected. Hmm, well. 'World Peace' spent 7 weeks on the chart. 'YOR' only 5. Maybe 'LIHS' can stick around throughout the rest of the year. This is a great album. Those ignoring it are missing out.

Ouch. There's no way of knowing if that's a reaction to his controversial comments or just the fact his fanbase tend to buy it first chance they get and in multiple formats (nothing wrong with that) so the second week drop is expected. Hmm, well. 'World Peace' spent 7 weeks on the chart. 'YOR' only 5. Maybe 'LIHS' can stick around throughout the rest of the year. This is a great album. Those ignoring it are missing out.
That's just the midweek chart, I suspect it'll keep plummeting to maybe 50 odd. It's a shame, as you've pointed out in numerous posts it's an excellent album.
All The trolls on here haven't given a valid critique that I can accept as fair or just.

I don't want Morrissey to put out another Viva Hate or Vauxhall and I. People get overly attached to the old material to the point where their judgement becomes unreliable and skewered.

That's just the midweek chart, I suspect it'll keep plummeting to maybe 50 odd. It's a shame, as you've pointed out in numerous posts it's an excellent album.
All The trolls on here haven't given a valid critique that I can accept as fair or just.

I don't want Morrissey to put out another Viva Hate or Vauxhall and I. People get overly attached to the old material to the point where their judgement becomes unreliable and skewered.

Here is some valid critiques

-Overuse of electronic sounds/distortion on tracks
-Sudden sylistic shift after track 5 (The album goes downhill after track 5)
-The lack of good bass/guitar tracks
-Is better than world peace (poundshop album) but only slightly
-Give it 18 months and the album will be rocking up in poundlands across the UK
-Needs new songwriters

-Needs new songwriters

Which tracks have overuse of electronic sounds? I don't hear it.

You mean stylistic, I assume? In what sense? Musically or lyrically? When you say downhill usually that means each track gets gradually worse than the last. So you think Israel is the worst track on the album?

Lack of good bass and guitar tracks? Strongly disagree.

Okay the rest of your points are attempts at humour. Like I said previously no one has offered an intelligent critique.... It's just I want less of this and more of that.

-Needs new songwriters

Agree-ance on all counts! And it does seem particularly poorly produced and especially poorly mixed.

When Paul McCartney was 58 years old, his album "Driving Rain" made it (first week) exactly Number 46 in the UK Charts.
Again, well done Morrissey.

Last edited:
No good bass, i can't hear it
Awful production especially on i wish you lonely. ( But the song is really good)

Joe chiccarelli has destroyed the record, the Steven Seagal of the sound

You say the production is awful, then use Steven Seagal as an analogy to describe the producer?

The only thing Seagal does that immediately comes to mind is kick ass. So Chiccarelli is a kick ass producer.

Either you purposely contradicted yourself for comic effect or you're inept at making comparable analogies.

It will inevitably plummet from the chart as all albums of acts with a fanbase the size of Morrissey's always do. No surprise there at all.
Of the 10 previous solo albums, 8 plummeted from the album chart never to return. Only Quarry and Viva Hate went back up due to the success of their second singles (FOTG and EDILS).
If another single comes out in a couple of months' time, and receives the same airplay as 'Spent the Day', the album will come back up the chart. If it doesn't, it won't. Simple as that.

As my mate put it last night, even Morrissey's fans don't like him. Those that are still loyal buy it on the first day, most other people just ignore it, even if they'd be inclined to like it musically. This is what happens when he pisses everyone off but the most loyal.

As my mate put it last night, even Morrissey's fans don't like him. Those that are still loyal buy it on the first day, most other people just ignore it, even if they'd be inclined to like it musically. This is what happens when he pisses everyone off but the most loyal.

I guess there are actually more of them than you think. And it might not even be the most loyal all of them, but they don’t care about all the controversy as such.

He is still an interesting artist.
Of course there will always be songs that you don’t like or care for. Nothing new. Or lyrics. But there are for me always some crackers. Some great songs. I think he is challenging, taking risks and there are consequences he does not shy away from.

I am talking about the music.

It will inevitably plummet from the chart as all albums of acts with a fanbase the size of Morrissey's always do. No surprise there at all.
Of the 10 previous solo albums, 8 plummeted from the album chart never to return. Only Quarry and Viva Hate went back up due to the success of their second singles (FOTG and EDILS).
If another single comes out in a couple of months' time, and receives the same airplay as 'Spent the Day', the album will come back up the chart. If it doesn't, it won't. Simple as that.

tay.gif

The endless media trolling, especially the comments over Kevin Spacey, have rendered him toxic to a significant % of his audience who simply do not wish to associate themselves with such an unpleasant person. His attempt to row back from his outburst in Der Spiegel onstage in Chicago was truly pathetic, clearly only because his managers/accountants/PR/record company people had forewarned him he was facing a back-lash.

I will be enjoying a celebratory drink tonight & raising a glass to BtBB.

Let's just see if Morrissey now sucks this up or if he goes on a moan about the 'conspiracy' to stop the people he calls 'clueless consumers' being duped into buying this silly album. He has made a rod for his own back. He claims only those artists with Major Label backing and PR can succeed. He had a perfectly sound PR campaign launched on his behalf which he chose to ruin with his outbursts.

It's surprising and rather concerning that it took his snide comments about sexual abuse and sexual harassment victims to finally wake up the casual punter and sad they didn't recoil in revulsion over his various outbursts with regard to Oslo, Paris and Manchester terror attacks. Nor did they face up to the obvious hypocrisies of #Cheesegate & #Cashmeregate. But it's begun at last. And the only person to blame for the future reputational bonfire of the Smith's Tribute Act known as Morrissey-Solo is the fake phony persona currently trading as 'Morrissey'.

xo xo!

BB

You have quite the crush on Ms. Swift, yes? I dunno. I'd let her blow me but.....kidding kidding!

Taylor is a genuine STAR. So is Adele.

She's just added another 3 stadium gigs to her UK/Ireland tour. Morrissey no doubt imagines he should sell out 2 nights at Wembley/Croke/Etihad......most people would be grateful to sell out Brixton/Ally Pally etc but Morrissey will remain bitter and twisted realising nobody beyond The Cult give a fcuk about his silly new album and will only come to see him play Ye Olde Smyths Songes....karma is a bitch, hey?

BB

Back
Top Bottom