"Low in High School" (Deluxe Edition) vinyl - sleeve and tracklist at Amazon

Low in High School (Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JK2C8YT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_zEn2Bb1XF2CGE

Description
  • Vinyl (December 7, 2018)
  • Deluxe Edition edition
  • Number of Discs: 2
  • Label: BMG Rights Management (UK) Ltd
  • ASIN: B07JK2C8YT
Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. My Love, I'd Do Anything for You
2. I Wish You Lonely
3. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage
4. Home Is a Question Mark
5. Spent the Day in Bed
6. I Bury the Living

Disc: 2
1. In Your Lap
2. The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel
3. All the Young People Must Fall in Love
4. When You Open Your Legs
5. Who Will Protect Us from the Police?
6. Israel

Disc: 3
1. Lover-To-Be
2. Back on the Chain Gang
3. Never Again Will I Be a Twin
4. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over

Disc: 4
1. You'll Be Gone (Live)
2. Rose Garden (Live at The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville)
3. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? (Live)
4. I Didn't Know What to Do (Live)
5. Judy Is a Punk (Live)

Note: Image on Amazon currently corrupted.

UPDATE Nov. 1:

Posted by Eustace Walks:

Extracted from the (iTunes) pre-order page's code...

44727_2000x0w.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
For people not coping with Amazon's ever-changing listings prior to something's release (well documented here if you look back):

View attachment 46227

"Deluxe is double vinyl – one-disc clear vinyl and the second disc Magenta. The first vinyl is exactly the same as the USA stock (same label and inner sleeve) and the second is the new product which is what you see on the image below. This package also includes a 12″ x 12″ print"
(blurb from Crash listing).

Buy it from a trusted Indie:
Crash Records.
Album £22.99:
https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...ear-magenta-colour-double-vinyl-lp-pre-order/
Single £7.99:
https://www.crashrecords.co.uk/prod...hain-gang-limited-edition-7-single-pre-order/

Piccadilly & HMV will probably follow suit - as is the pattern recently.
Regards,
FWD.

Really don't like that centrefold pic. A photo of the whole band would've been better.

No CD version? Oh well guess i'm gonna save some bucks this time...

Preordered the iTunes version at least the old man is not that narrow minded.

Hey at least it's available for download instead of just Vinyl. I don't do vinyl and would buy a CD deluxe edition immediately but now I can buy the tracks and make my own cd.

You have to buy a turntable and stereo system.I guess most fans love format vinyl more than cd,as they are older.These days cds and vinyls don't sell so much.But as the singles of last album chart to number one or close ,maybe it's a label choice.i also want cd,so we have here to claim.
Us old timers have turntables from our teenage years.

I'd prefer it on CD but having a reason to fire up the old Bang and Olufsen doesn't feel so bad.

Low in High School (Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JK2C8YT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_zEn2Bb1XF2CGE

Description
  • Vinyl (December 7, 2018)
  • Deluxe Edition edition
  • Number of Discs: 2
  • Label: BMG Rights Management (UK) Ltd
  • ASIN: B07JK2C8YT
Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. My Love, I'd Do Anything for You
2. I Wish You Lonely
3. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage
4. Home Is a Question Mark
5. Spent the Day in Bed
6. I Bury the Living

1. In Your Lap
2. The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel
3. All the Young People Must Fall in Love
4. When You Open Your Legs
5. Who Will Protect Us from the Police?
6. Israel

Disc: 3
1. Lover-To-Be
2. Back on the Chain Gang
3. Never Again Will I Be a Twin
4. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over

Disc: 4
1. You'll Be Gone (Live)
2. Rose Garden (Live at The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville)
3. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? (Live)
4. I Didn't Know What to Do (Live)
5. Judy Is a Punk (Live)

Note: Image on Amazon currently corrupted.

UPDATE Nov. 1:

Posted by Eustace Walks:

Extracted from the (iTunes) pre-order page's code...

44727_2000x0w.jpg

Related item:
the font and font colors are simply atrocious, though.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This could have been a record cover for The Smiths. Easily! I just wish the designer didn't put the writing on the face. Same with Back On The Chain Gan single.

Having not done so the first time round, seems like a good opportunity to rate the album's original songs:
1. My Love, I'd Do Anything for You - a generous 7/10. Interesting music/arrangement and lyrics ranging from OK to quite good.
2. I Wish You Lonely - 6./10, a disco sound. First time on a Moz record? But the melody ain't great and the lyrics say nothing of interest
3. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage - 5/10. Flipping rubbish. Huge disappointment that this was considered good enough to be the 2nd single. It doesn't even have a chorus (or a verse if you count the opening bit as a chorus). A basic Boz plodder, such a shame after his wonderful songwriting on World Peace
4. Home Is a Question Mark - 6.5/10 Yes, it sounds a bit like Lost but some of the lyrics are bloody awful. Shaven caves, legs wrapped around face. Unfunny, desperate, ugly, Compare it with the beautiful coda in Lost ('Don't make fun of me later') and realise the extent of the decline
5. Spent the Day in Bed - 7.5/10. About as good as a modern day Morrissey song gets. Would be an 8 if it wasn't for the stupid bus/boss, rain/train bit at the end.
6. I Bury the Living - 6/10. An interesting concept following a soldier's path from conscription to death, and some admittedly good and affecting lyrics, but some really idiotic/ugly ones too.

1. In Your Lap - 7/10, a great piece of music and some good lyrics ('you're good for a laugh') but some horrible ones too. A great song ruined by bad lyrics (a recurring theme for this album).
2. The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel - 9/10. A beauty. Lovely music, thoughtful words, beautifully arranged. A modern day classic. The only song that stands up to his best stuff.
3. All the Young People Must Fall in Love - 8/10. A good song. An original sound for him at least, and some fun, playful lyrics.
4. When You Open Your Legs - 7/10 Another case of great tune, stupid lyrics and song title.
5. Who Will Protect Us from the Police? 7.5/10. The reviewers were wrong, this is a good song, Cracking melody with OK if rather simplistic lyrics.
6. Israel 6/10. An affecting (or arguably beautiful) composition but some unbelievably stupid/idiotic lyrics. Same problem as elsewhere essentially.

Total score, maybe a generous 6/10. It's one of his top 3 best solo albums for the musical compositions but it's his worst by miles for lyrics. Please let this be a blip.

Moz in that picture is almost a copy of Martin a young man I once knew who is now a father of five. Never saw that resemblence before but now I do.

Are there any differences between the UK and US release for this Deluxe version?

Cheers!

Mbr.

the 'artwork print' being an exact copy of the front cover on a piece of card?

FLAC are available from 7digital. Probably others as well. Looks like no CD though.

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom