"Low In High School" album cover posted by Linder on Instagram

Linder just posted what seems to be the cover of the new album! Nothing you wouldn't have expected from Morrissey, to be quite honest...

UPDATE 3:30 PM PT:
Image has been removed from Linder's Instagram.

40695_low_in_high_school_sleeve.jpg

Also posted in the comments by Bluebirds:

According to a FB post by James Maker which shows said cover (Follow-up posted by Famous when dead: "James Maker has since clarified the issue - HMV is the problem"):

I publish this in support of a friend, and in the cause of democracy. Trade and Retail* have informed BMG that they will refuse to handle Morrissey's new album, 'Low in High School' on the grounds that the sleeve art is "offensive". Thus, the entire campaign is in jeopardy unless Morrissey and his record company rethink the album cover. x

(* The HMV chain refuse to stock it.)

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Posted by unloveable:

Btw that is Mando Lopez son...

And by Famous when dead:

...Indeed, Max Lopez who lives in East L.A.
He was also present in Italy during recording of the album.

Posted by an anonymous person:

The photograph is by Tony Molina. The musician?

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't ask that!
Please don't, don't, don't.
You can figure it out quite easy for yourself.

FFS same reason Moz blasts the royals for evading taxes while he does the same.

' WHAT IS TRUE IS THAT THE LEVEL OF EXCITEMENT AND INTEREST IN WHAT MORRISSEY HAS GOT TO SAY ON THIS RECORD IS PHENOMENAL. ' -BMG

:thumb:

Now I understand. You are like the dark side of life.

The acknowledgement there is that side too and to be aware to have to deal with it, isn't necessarily a bad thing.
But you know all that. :thumb:

For some reason, I can't stop comparing this cover to the "Hamster Style" reflection from Choda Boy in Orgazmo... the blank, unemotional/passive look on the boy's face in vast contrast to the sign, the shiny new camping axe, the gates and the crisp new Morrissey shirt. Beyond contrived, kinda sad... add this to the list of the lost? Mhurrrrr....

Fast-forward to 1:10 to see what I'm referring to:

was thinking about the weak connection between the title and the teenager on the cover. He could just go with a photo of himself from his teen years, could have worked too. He did use that photo on 'Last of the Famous' a boy at play.
You mean the cover of LIHS?
That teenager just turned 8 this year!
Regards,
FWD.

You mean the cover of LIHS?
That teenager just turned 8 this year!
Regards,
FWD.

:lbf:you're right! was thinking after I made my post, how old is this kid? I was never good at judging peoples ages by the way they look, though, yes he does look younger than 'teenage'.

Tags
album cover linder low in high school low in high school info new album

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom