Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles Sports Arena (May 10, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Life Is A Pigsty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Yes, I Am Blind / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Trouble Loves Me / Meat Is Murder / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / First Of The Gang To Die / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by leedoggpimp, correction by an anonymous person

An additional backdrop photo found:

Image matched to one posted in: Homodesiribus - Miscellaneous vintage / May 22 2010

tumblr_l2ppu8RhIw1qaqplko1_500.jpg

photo from Twitter posted by docinwestchester:

losangeles.jpg

Last edited:
I will say the crowd did shove forward and it was pretty hot and sweaty on the floor, but both Tom Jones (even with all the religious slanted songs that some people may not have expected), and Morrissey with his set of not all you expect to hear songs and the images during Meat Is Murder which I noticed a lot of people looking down during it, were amazing. They both sounded exceptional. I was in a good section of the floor crowd cause I didn't see any punching. There was one dick that shoved his way through to get even closer and knocked people's drinks as he did so, but it was worth all the sweat and awkward, get to know your stranger neighbors crowd for me. I am 6'7" though, so I had a great view the whole time. Too bad I had to bering my point and shit camera and not my decent SLR. I could have had some amazing pics.

Agree - especially after SJ. Someone else pointed out it comes down to safety, and respect for Mozzer. I hate to think what could happen to him, or could have happened at SJ.
I don't know if it's a CA only phenomenon, but from comments, sounds like it may be.
There seem to be 2 distinct groups - the real fans, who want to enjoy the show, and the hooligan "fans" who may not appreciate or even really be into Morrissey and just go crazy because they are at a gig. It's incredibly concerning like you said. Right there with you.

Having seen a show on this tour and the last (and many others), if the floor was 'crazy aggrssive' rather than crazy passionate, does anyone else notice anything wrong? I've been onstage and in the front. Screaming 'morr-issth-eee!!' While he's singing 'asleep'? Really? How much do we and does Moz really need these 'fans'? I love the passion & have been a part of it, but it's getting weirder and weirder, almost like a gang initiation with no sense of what is really happening. I have sympathy and empathy for alienated people cherishing a night validation with a living legend. But the specialness is lost when it becomes a vague, poorly understood outburst of 'fan'-domonium'. I believe the respect of these 'fans' for the both the living legend himself and for the real fans, both young and older, is becoming a palpably negative issue. I do not believe morrissey enjoys them or needs them to continue to thrive. I've been there over the course of it all and remain the biggest most appreciative passionate fan there along with many of you..It's very concerning to real fans and to morrissey. Please, others with thoughtful points/reactions chime in if you have also noticed the degeneration and pathos of the front 'pit' area as I have.

Does anybody in Texas know Jesse's Grindr account info? I heard he's been a very active "member" :)

Solution: Restrain the phony moz hooligans at the door and only allow genuine fans that come to experience a meaningful event. What a Morrissey concert should be. After experiencing the degenerate pit area, I'm left in despair for what they've become, and disheartened towards the music.

Having seen a show on this tour and the last (and many others), if the floor was 'crazy aggrssive' rather than crazy passionate, does anyone else notice anything wrong? I've been onstage and in the front. Screaming 'morr-issth-eee!!' While he's singing 'asleep'? Really? How much do we and does Moz really need these 'fans'? I love the passion & have been a part of it, but it's getting weirder and weirder, almost like a gang initiation with no sense of what is really happening. I have sympathy and empathy for alienated people cherishing a night validation with a living legend. But the specialness is lost when it becomes a vague, poorly understood outburst of 'fan'-domonium'. I believe the respect of these 'fans' for the both the living legend himself and for the real fans, both young and older, is becoming a palpably negative issue. I do not believe morrissey enjoys them or needs them to continue to thrive. I've been there over the course of it all and remain the biggest most appreciative passionate fan there along with many of you..It's very concerning to real fans and to morrissey. Please, others with thoughtful points/reactions chime in if you have also noticed the degeneration and pathos of the front 'pit' area as I have.

I would completely agree with your take on the current behavior at the concerts. There has to be a sensible balance between respect and showing enthusiasm and admiration for his work. We all know that Morrissey gets a bit cranky when there is no obvious adoration, but I doubt that he wants to be aggressively tackled or distracted in the middle of a very moving song. This type of behavior is just rude to the artist and rude to fellow audience memebers. I think that Brummie Boy actually makes a very good point that it is not always the legitimate fans. The worst encounters that I have had are with drunk people who shove their way to the front; they come in late and for some reason, presume that they are entitled to a front row position. They tend to be very loud and aggressive, and they rarely even know the words to any of the songs. I often wonder if they just picked a random concert to attend. Another serious problem are the two or three people who feel the need to bring pen knives to the concert in order to cut off pieces of the coveted tossed shirt. I can't believe that they can get into a venue with a knife in this day and age; more importantly, I can't believe that no one has been seriously hurt. I've seen people almost get strangled as others try to rip the shirt away. I want to rub my face in Morrissey sweat, tears, and cologne as much as the next person, but I certainly don't want to get stabbed in the process. It's a shame because most of us feel united when we are there, but it only takes a few obnoxioius people to ruin the moment.

lynnda

Very well put. It's been distressing for me to read reports of this tour so far. The pit being described as aggressive and violent, people getting their hair pulled out and strangled is very upsetting. I know for a fact that there were shows like this at every tour so far not just this one. And all is takes is one or two to ruin it for all the rest. And to see Morrissey being grabbed by the neck (this happened at the Tilles Center on Long Island last tour) just makes me cringe. Everybody must respect those around them, but when they are drunk this all goes out the window. I'm just praying for better behavior from this day forward.

I would completely agree with your take on the current behavior at the concerts. There has to be a sensible balance between respect and showing enthusiasm and admiration for his work. We all know that Morrissey gets a bit cranky when there is no obvious adoration, but I doubt that he wants to be aggressively tackled or distracted in the middle of a very moving song. This type of behavior is just rude to the artist and rude to fellow audience memebers. I think that Brummie Boy actually makes a very good point that it is not always the legitimate fans. The worst encounters that I have had are with drunk people who shove their way to the front; they come in late and for some reason, presume that they are entitled to a front row position. They tend to be very loud and aggressive, and they rarely even know the words to any of the songs. I often wonder if they just picked a random concert to attend. Another serious problem are the two or three people who feel the need to bring pen knives to the concert in order to cut off pieces of the coveted tossed shirt. I can't believe that they can get into a venue with a knife in this day and age; more importantly, I can't believe that no one has been seriously hurt. I've seen people almost get strangled as others try to rip the shirt away. I want to rub my face in Morrissey sweat, tears, and cologne as much as the next person, but I certainly don't want to get stabbed in the process. It's a shame because most of us feel united when we are there, but it only takes a few obnoxioius people to ruin the moment.

lynnda

At least that Dad And his Kid "Devan" didn't make it on Stage Lame throwning a pen for moz to sign during show now hes gonna go onn for anther year thinking hes famous

Yes. ^ this. I have seen Moz many times before and this show was ruined for me, not because of the actual show but because of the audience in the pit. There were several fights (during Tom Jones?!) and some very aggressive people. I am all for enthusiasm and passion for Moz (heck, I am fanatical about Morrissey too) but this was just dangerous. I was so squished between people that I couldn't move and I couldn't breath and I couldn't see the stage and I couldn't even sing along. By the time I pushed myself out of the craziness I missed a few songs. Had I known the LA crowd was so nuts I would have bought tickets in a seat. I have never experienced a Moz pit like this and I hope to never experience it again. I left very disappointed and feeling robbed. I could have just listened to a bootleg in the safety of my home since I didn't see a darn thing and the very drunk girls next to me sang over Morrissey most of the night.

Great show. Meat is Murder was as hardcore and heavy as anything I have ever seen.
Did anyone else pick up on all the trouble Boz was having with his guitar tech? I couldnt stop watching this guy changing out gear and what looked like Boz giving him hell all night.

does anybody have the intermission songs shown on this tour?

This guy kinda does from the OC thread:

I rememba seeing:

PETA video on fish
Ramones
Mister Andrews
Brian Eno
Mott the Hoople
Edith Sitwell
Da Move
James Baldwin
Nico
NY Dolls
Lypsinka
Video of man getting slapped across face, "ETHICS!"
Lady comedian talking about Coronation Street
Italian male singer (70s footage)

And I also rememba the intermission songs played before da videos! Whew!
Enjoy it!

Does anybody happen to know the name of the Italian male singer (70s footage)????
from the intermission
Anybody? he reminds me of Julio iglesias

Does anybody happen to know the name of the Italian male singer (70s footage)????
from the intermission
Anybody? he reminds me of Julio iglesias

He's not italian he' french-armenian his name is Charles Aznavour he's almost 90 years old and still in activity, he's going to start a new tour this summer. Most famous song is Quest c'est triste Venice.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom