London - Palladium (Aug. 8, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / Irish Blood, English Heart / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Everyday Is Like Sunday / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Action Is My Middle Name / Come Back To Camden / I Know It's Over / Scandinavia / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Satellite Of Love / The Kid's A Looker / You Have Killed Me / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Meat is Murder // First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by an anonymous person, from a bootleg tracklisting

Morrissey – review by Kitty Empire, The Observer. Link from an anonymous person

Last edited:
because YOU didn't see it , it never happened

Maybe, I'm just saying that a lot of people are saying the opposite is true. Maybe there was a particularly harsh incident but it doesn't sound like people feel there was sustained violence by security.

Maybe, I'm just saying that a lot of people are saying the opposite is true. Maybe there was a particularly harsh incident but it doesn't sound like people feel there was sustained violence by security.

The thing is, there was an orchestra pit between the barrier and the stage ie a deep hole. For somebody to get on to the stage they had to climb over that hole. Therefore, the security were hauling people across this and then taking them away. It might have looked ungainly but I don't think it was particularly vicious. If security had let people clamber on to stage before tackling them they could easily have fallen in to the pit. I though the stage invaders added to the fun.

So, he doesn't want a record deal...um...????? I think I felt my heart crack.

yeah and he reunites The Smiths, Mike Joyce and Andy Rourke were in London, the day after they talked how to get Johnny in

:crazy:

[I'd say why compose new songs, sing them on a tour, and not wanted them to release, it's more like he can't get a record deal:tears:

another 7 years sabatical and he can sign a contract in Vegas, entertain the pokerfaces

Quite talkative I guess: the thank-you's at the end to everyone were very sweet to listen to, but the most memorable comment for me was before Meat is Murder, where he said words to the effect of whilst wandering backstage at teh venue earlier he 'came accross a shot baby deer, so knew Will and Kate had been here', and carried on to 'find bear-traps packaged ready to send to Canada, so knew the Queen had been here'. There were a few funny remarks about the venue, which he still seems very fond of. And also about the car not starting properly during '...Paris...'!

Thanks, Nowhere. Didn't Moz address the rioting that's been going on, or has he shied away from current topics after the Norway imbroglio?

When will Boz learn? You don't mess with The Mozfather.

I got on with the London shows. I gave no outward indication of the knowledge I had gained about an evil conspiracy within my backing band to prevent me from expressing my sensuality on stage with a quick or not-so-quick removal of a sweaty shirt and a quick dab of said shirt on my exhausted musculature. Who are they to deny me? Who are they to deny my fans?

Well, well, well. They did notice on the so-low place that this little blog made the pledge to restart stripping to the waist just a day or two prior to restarting an old tradition with an ironic smile. A-ha. Lights coming on in heads. Slowly.

Another 'clue' at the Palladium? I promised to give another clue and I did - welcome to my world. Ah yes, just quoting Elvis. Absolutely nothing to do with an article I posted a few days prior to the Palladium featuring the review of a live DVD! The same words uttered at the beginning of my gig as a certain person utters at the beginning of his... nothing to worry about. Coincidence.

London was a joy. The slight sense of violence/glamour at this time only turned me on marginally more. As terrible as that may sound, I know you understand.

Well since the clues are too subtle - and now I see my fans are posting private correspondence on the so-low place while others post fake emails supposedly emanating from little old me - the subsequent clues will be slightly less subtle.

I may never post again on this blog but remember one thing. Just remember one thing.

I will soon appear in a Justin Bieber t-shirt, for irony value of course. And then you will no doubt be filled to the brim with regret. That is if you're bright enough to put two and two together. 'Oh it's coincidence!' they all cry. Then perhaps I'll even sing a few words of one of his songs? Or maybe not. Those of you who have remained true to me, I know who you are. Those who have not... don't come crying to me later. I won't be here. As for Boz and the old Strip Prevention Strategy: you haven't heard the last of this, Martin. Not by a long chalk. Now I think it might be time to don the old black shirt and black tie, tied nice and short... a little oversized jewellery and perhaps... yes, I will just take a moment to get the old cold stare just so. Where's my mirror? That's it. Lovely. Time to pay a quick visit to a certain rock musician...

Morrissey

www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

It's a tad sad you must repost here because nobody bothers with your blog.

Just had to comment that people saying security were too rough are idiots. Security weren't rough enough. Keep in mind a single one of those idiots reaches Morrissey and you have no idea what will happen. How would you all feel if one of them turned out to be a Mark Chapman style person?

Security did a fantastic job at stopping people reaching Morrissey and honestly I wish they had been rougher. Teach the people who nearly ruin a gig, because they are so selfish they want to touch Morrissey, a lesson. They took too long getting people off stage because they were trying to drag them off instead of just throwing them off. Everyone who rushed on stage, you have no respect for Morrissey as an artist and you nearly ruined the gig.

Someone mentioned the blond girl, oh the one who one guy pulled off by holding her under the arms? How is that rough? What would you have him do? Walk up to her and ask her politely to leave the stage? He did it in the gentlest way possible. Rough would be if he had smacked her in the face to knock her down and then dragged her off violently by one hand or foot or hair.

Hello Morrissey.

I also want to thank Julia for the up to date reports on the setlist, the shirt and the lyrical changes.

And then I want to thank the many people who uploaded videos to youtube and the many, many comments on Twitter that were at times very hilarious and lovely humerous. Thank you very much for sharing.

A man in the Argyle Arms, over the road from the venue, about an hour before the gig, was talking with friends and I heard him begin to quote "Welcome to my World" as he kind of said/sang it. Did he know something?

I think the first post about security brutality was troll post to stir the shit. I think that because it was a very early post and then after that quite a few people, like yourself, said that it wasn't really like that.

It wasn't a troll post, I posted it on the train home and it was what I felt I wasn't trying to stir the shit, people around me were booing, it was nasty what I saw and there was no need, these people want to kiss him and hug him that's all, it's been going on for decades.

It wasn't a troll post, I posted it on the train home and it was what I felt I wasn't trying to stir the shit, people around me were booing, it was nasty what I saw and there was no need, these people want to kiss him and hug him that's all, it's been going on for decades.

People on Twitter also mentioned that about ten people were on stage at the same time and the booing and that the riot had reached the stage. Sounded pretty dramatic. Something like "I cannot believe that they are booing Morrissey!"I personally think that people should not jump on stage in the first place, but as was said it has been going on for decades and it is encouraged when it is used to show how much a man of the people Morrissey supposedly is at his concerts. There should be water? How about seating his Royalty in a bullet proof car on stage? How nice that his Court had a special mention again. People are always happy to pay for their expenses, aren't they, especially as they get so much in return. The detailed concert reviews as the tour went on, stunning, not. Now that the tour is over however we'll get the usual middle finger by them when they'll be all like "oh, I am oh so special, me the perfect Morrissey fan" dadadida again.

Morrissey says 'farewell' on his blog.

"My life is merely a shadow. When I cry the tears are those shed by Nico, like dead freesia petals falling to a concrete floor - that frozen spring blossom of malcontent which was her rendition of 'Sunday Morning.' When I laugh it is an echo of Jimmy Clitheroe filtered through the mind-warping prism of Wilde's rapacious wit and mesmeric insight. From a certain point of view I do not exist at all, I am a trick of the light, a hoped-for poetic uncle, a child crying out for attention in a world where time is money and money is the only constant. The drip, drip, drip of marketing, the glad rattle of the corporate cash register, the endless round of interviews, meetings and conferences - these things slowly kill me. I know you understand. I know it."

"My life is merely a shadow. When I cry the tears are those shed by Nico, like dead freesia petals falling to a concrete floor - that frozen spring blossom of malcontent which was her rendition of 'Sunday Morning.' When I laugh it is an echo of Jimmy Clitheroe filtered through the mind-warping prism of Wilde's rapacious wit and mesmeric insight. From a certain point of view I do not exist at all, I am a trick of the light, a hoped-for poetic uncle, a child crying out for attention in a world where time is money and money is the only constant. The drip, drip, drip of marketing, the glad rattle of the corporate cash register, the endless round of interviews, meetings and conferences - these things slowly kill me. I know you understand. I know it."

I hope it is farewell to the bloody drip.

That's great, Road Hog. We've established that you like to pretend to be a man who writes terrible prose. Imagine if his forthcoming autobiography were as badly written and as unedited and verbose and pretentious as your blog. It'd sell about as many copies as it should.

Sadly, it will be as poorly written and well sell loads... which is a shame.

That's great, Road Hog. We've established that you like to pretend to be a man who writes terrible prose. Imagine if his forthcoming autobiography were as badly written and as unedited and verbose and pretentious as your blog. It'd sell about as many copies as it should.

Sadly, it will be as poorly written and well sell loads... which is a shame.

we've established the blog is Morrissey taking the pee out of Morrissey. Whatever you say, therefore, will be redundant.

Moz's Security were not overly harsh in my opinion. Yes - they did their best to stop people grabbing Moz - as they have done for the last several years - face it people - we are never going to get a 'Live in Dallas' free for all again. Also what may not have been apparent to those in the stalls a few rows back in the f***ing massive orchestra pit (filled with music stands etc) between the audience and the stage which fans had to put themselves at risk by leaping across, and indeed several people fell down into it. If Security don't try and discourage people from trying then there would probably have been many more injuries as people started surfing from the back without even being away they were facing a 20 foot deep pit.

That said, one member of venue Security was a complete pratt by chucking a guy offstage into the audience, narrowly missing a girl who could have been seriously injured by his landing. She was pissed at his behaviour, and rightly so.

But in the end - if you're going to attempt to get on stage to touch Morrissey, you have to be aware that you are liable to be manhandled. If you don't want to get beaten and brusied - stay in the audience section.

@MorrisseysMum @banjaxer, Walter Ego, Road Dog, Kevin Harriman or whatever his last name is = Morrissey's World Blog Spot. It's so obvious! Open your eyes and stop giving him attention. I'm sure there are even more "alter ego's" he has. He tweets himself for crying out loud.

@MorrisseysMum @banjaxer, Walter Ego, Road Dog, Kevin Harriman or whatever his last name is = Morrissey's World Blog Spot. It's so obvious! Open your eyes and stop giving him attention. I'm sure there are even more "alter ego's" he has. He tweets himself for crying out loud.

Yes it's an interesting theory but how do you explain the fact the blog's only prediction came true when nobody else would have predicted it? And the opening words at the Palladium - 'welcome to my world?'

There's much further evidence. I'm not saying it's definintely Moz but if you think it definitely isn't you need to explain how these coincidences came about. Maybe Morrissey is just a fan of the blog and thought he'd have a laugh. But if Moz wears a Justin Bieber t-shirt as the blog promises he soon will then any doubts I have will vanish.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom