London - Brixton Academy (Mar. 1, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Last Of The Famous International Playboys / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Home Is A Question Mark / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Judy Is A Punk // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey review: Big mouth strikes with more shock and awe by Rick Pearson (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - London Evening Standard. Link posted by an anonymous person.

42364_london-brixton.jpg
  • Morrissey's quest to be disliked continues - Brixton Academy, review by Chris Harvey (3 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - The Telegraph. Link posted by Famous when dead.
  • Morrissey, Brixton Academy, London — classics and clunkers by Ludovic Hunter-Tilney (2 of 5 stars, 1 photo by Angela Lubrano) - Financial Times. Link posted by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
You dumb, uneducated f***wit. Given that Britain is a lot closer to Germany than the USA, it’s inevitable it would get bombed. Did it destroy the country? Obviously not prick. You c***s only joined in right at the end when all the hard work was done, and only because you feared you’d be next on the list once Germany had conquered Europe. I doubt you even have any history books in U (uneducated) S (stupid) A (arseholes) so f*** off c***.
Idiot ,go hide like u do under your hideous name freak ,u know what happened ....Couldnt finish the Germans off so you asked for help

Great venue like made for The Cocteau Twins November 1990 and a great memory even though I had to deal with a number of americans.

If it was not for us, you would be speaking German! Fool!

Sometimes it’s wise to know which way the gun is pointing before you yell, “I see the whites of their eyes”.

Can't help but wonder, given this quote - have you by chance heard of a band called The Lowest of the Low?

Idiot ,go hide like u do under your hideous name freak ,u know what happened ....Couldnt finish the Germans off so you asked for help
Well 5 minutes previously you apologised and said we’re all allies. Then you say Americans are far superior. Like i said.. dumb c***.:crazy:

Pity he’s just now starting with International playboys, should’ve started with that on ALL the dates on this tour if he was rehearsing it / planned to do so for London

He should be proud to be a Swede as they have a delicate, sweet flavour, a great texture and are very versatile. The vegetable that is.

I like Swedes. Lovely people in my experience. I shall miss them when they are gone. I’m less keen on the vegetable.

"Moz came out and powered into Last of the Famous, which is a nice treat! Not played since 2012/13 from my recollection, and on greatest hits tour of course. "

Apologies, my memory is as shaky as my legs, was last played in 2011 (Inverness), but was re-released in single format in 2013. Last played consistently on greatest hits tour is chillingly accurate though. Further to last nights review, I thought i'd share a funny moment. Moz went into a small chat about dreams "I dream every day, I dream every single night, and I dream when you open your legs!" Moz then turned round and I believe realised that WYOYL was not the next song planned on the setlist, he chuckled, he looked at Jesse, who looked at Matt and there was a funny pause as they flipped the background image. During the next interlude, and from then one, morrissey checked the setlist before each rush to the microphone X

You may well be right, but he hasn't sung the high notes in Playboys for decades. It's notable that even on the Dallas/Kill Uncle gig, Alain was singing those bits for him.

For what it's worth, I always thought this was the definitive performance of this song (or at least the definitive one preserved on film), even with the flaky singing on account of all the leaping around. So much energy and dramatic flailing. They also played it quite a bit faster on this tour, and to me this is how it should sound. All other versions (including the recorded single) seem too slow and plodding and it loses something as a result.

That mushy, out of tune guitar takes me right out of it. I like Live in Dallas as a time capsule, if not a polished performance. It's a shame, because songs like Mute Witness, and Angel, Angel are really good live. I don't think we'll see them performed again. Especially not at the pace they were, even if he tried.

That mushy, out of tune guitar takes me right out of it. I like Live in Dallas as a time capsule, if not a polished performance. It's a shame, because songs like Mute Witness, and Angel, Angel are really good live. I don't think we'll see them performed again. Especially not at the pace they were, even if he tried.
Ah, but I love the imperfection of it. There's something so joyously ramshackle about it. And I particularly like the way he turns Scottish at the end. Yes, that blistering pace is probably a thing of the past, along with the diaphanous blouses and rampant flailing - although it's been nice to see him remembering how to dance on this tour, at times he looks in danger of enjoying himself.

You dumb, uneducated f***wit. Given that Britain is a lot closer to Germany than the USA, it’s inevitable it would get bombed. Did it destroy the country? Obviously not prick. You c***s only joined in right at the end when all the hard work was done, and only because you feared you’d be next on the list once Germany had conquered Europe. I doubt you even have any history books in U (uneducated) S (stupid) A (arseholes) so f*** off c***.
Americans hate the british cause most american soldiers left their american wives for a british one.

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom