Liverpool Empire 10/05/09

swiss

Couldn't seem to log onto main page but just got back from Liverpool Empire and Moz did not seem a happy bunny tonight.

The set was one hour 15 mins for a start which was a bit disappointing.

He made reference to the venue being historic or something but then went on to say something along the lines of;

" But with so little atmosphere"

During the FOTGTD encore he said to a fan reaching out - " At last it has come to life " or similar.

This was my 11th Moz concert and is probably the worst I have been to!

For me it is his, or his managers fault that the venue is just not a suitable one for this type of gig. Why does he play these venues and then expect the crowd to be bouncing up and down? The front row were well out of reach and upstairs where we started the security were telling people to sit down every 2 minutes. Luckily the security on the stalls was non existent so we went downstairs and stood with the rest.

The set seemed pretty short and he ambled through FOTGTD like he couldnt care less.

The other problem is that the set peaks far too early, He played Charming Man, IBEH, HSIN, Girlfriend, Billy Budd and Ask all within the first 7 songs - It all seemed a bit slow after that!

I think he is just going through the motions this tour and its very reminiscent of the 97 Maladjusted tour only this ticket cost 35 quid not 12 or whatever it was!

Set list was similar to previous nights but from memory he played

TCM, Billy Budd, Black Cloud, HSIN, IBEH, ASK, Girlfriend, Carol, Paris, How could anyone know I feel, Let me kiss you, Loop, I keep mine hidden, Seasick, Best Friend on the Payroll, FOTGTD, WDYFOFY, Ok by myself, One day goodbye, Some Girls are bigger than others.

Re: Liverpool Empire - Oh Dear

He wasn't very well but was still magnificent

Would you be happy if you had to set foot in Liverpool? :confused::D

Hopefully he perks up by tomorrow night. Has RAH been good when Moz has played there previously?

he loves Liverpool, has said so on many occasions

'It appears no-one can find our new single... so i'll play something else off the new album'

'Bob Dylan's newest went straight to number one.. I do believe its an inside job'

He's not likely to go on stage and say 'Liverpool.... where's my hub caps you thieving b*****ds?':laughing:

Jukebox Jury

I think dear boy, That I'm refering to his love of Billy Fury, his fav soap was Brookside, his like Cilla before is change her accent to something indescribable, during the 90's in played the intro ( Margi clarke?) talking about all the these they hate( I'm not naming them) friends with Janice Long and admires Phil Redmond............there's probably more, oh there's more to come from me so be nice young man

'It appears no-one can find our new single... so i'll play something else off the new album'

'Bob Dylan's newest went straight to number one.. I do believe its an inside job'

classic, I love him

It was brilliant to see Morrissey for the first time, however my view is now that theatre's should be left for plays. The atmosphere was pretty poor I think mainly due to security bugging people to sit down. Luckily the security did not bother us too much!
I wasn't over keen on the set list and agree with Swiss about peaking to early. As I have never see Morrissey live before now I can't compare to say whether he was on top form! Either way it was fantastic to see him live and I had a great night, and got a lovely expensive tshirt! :thumb:

Random question, why did a large security bloke run across the stage as Morrissey was going off at the end?

Last edited:
Lainey? Are you from widnes too?
Small world!

The Beast left the pub and then saw Morrissey off the tour bus.. Morrissey looked a bit shocked as the Beast gave him stickers and said"Don't buy the Sun" Morrissey replied along the lines of " I never will".. Moz hung around for a bit signing stuff.. Bloody great!

Does anybody have a clear video of the end of FOTG?
I'd like a nice little keep sake of my hand shake, as would the others who succeeded! Cheers :)

Indeed, I would too like some footage to keep of that moment. Thank you so much to my hero who lifted me up so that I could shake hands with our man. I'm a bit bruised and sore today after that drop from the barrier but it was so worth it.

I think dear boy, That I'm refering to his love of Billy Fury, his fav soap was Brookside, his like Cilla before is change her accent to something indescribable, during the 90's in played the intro ( Margi clarke?) talking about all the these they hate( I'm not naming them) friends with Janice Long and admires Phil Redmond............there's probably more, oh there's more to come from me so be nice young man
he did compliment liverpool in an interview (did so in 84/85)with the bunnymen singer as well:thumb: have you read it?

looking forward to visiting liverpool have seen a documentary (on music in liverpool)not so long ago...

but wouldnt necessarly visit norris green though;):p

hmm on the other hand
even though i often did walk in other cities ina reas which is supposed to be "dangerous" and live here in germany always in "underclass" areas and nothing ever had happened to me..so..well beside verbal abuse.haha..but i think the media coverage about norris green i saw made it look much more "frightening" if i that really is the case.as the media always does

Last edited:
Hey Lainey did you get your train?

yes thanks, I ran....( to quote flock of seagulls) ran so far away.
nice meeting you and your daughter x did you have good seats and did u love the concert as much as me?

Back
Top Bottom