List of the Lost audiobook?

Mr Delaney

I've left.
(Wanted to bump the old audiobook topic, but it seems that has been locked after the migration.)

Release date still listed on various web stores as being 30 June, less than a month from now. Anyone know more details on whether the release is still on?

I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was quietly dropped. Considering the critical mauling the novel received, I'm not sure there would be much of a market for an audiobook version.

I haven't heard anything, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was quietly dropped. Considering the critical mauling the novel received, I'm not sure there would be much of a market for an audiobook version.

Depends on who does the reading for the audio.

Thanks God not everything in this world is done for the sake of money and good critics. I really hope it wasn't dropped, because the voice of Morrissey is wonderful, and an author reading his own book is the best way to enjoy it, because that shows you in a deeper level the meaning they give to the words. Like the audiobooks of Galeano and Cortázar.

Only last weekend I remembered that I had the CD version of the Audiobook on order from Waterstones bookshop and assuming that it was never going to be published I cancelled my order and got a refund. The Shop Assistant said they had an ISBN number for it but gave me a refund anyway. Now I see that Penguin list it on their website for release on 30th June. This gives me hope that A) it will actually be released and B) because no-one has yet been identified as the reader or the book, that it will be the author 'iself. Now I know this is a hope against hope, however the length of time it has taken to release the audio version of the book suggests to me that they were waiting for Morrissey to find the time to do it.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/293426/list-of-the-lost/9780141983080/

Only last weekend I remembered that I had the CD version of the Audiobook on order from Waterstones bookshop and assuming that it was never going to be published I cancelled my order and got a refund. The Shop Assistant said they had an ISBN number for it but gave me a refund anyway. Now I see that Penguin list it on their website for release on 30th June. This gives me hope that A) it will actually be released and B) because no-one has yet been identified as the reader or the book, that it will be the author 'iself. Now I know this is a hope against hope, however the length of time it has taken to release the audio version of the book suggests to me that they were waiting for Morrissey to find the time to do it.

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/293426/list-of-the-lost/9780141983080/

It does strike me as a possibility and it would sure help sales I'm guessing. A certain number would just sell to collectors without them even playing it. Kinda like vinyl

Back
Top Bottom