Leeds - First Direct Arena (Feb. 24, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / Suedehead / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Home Is A Question Mark / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Jack The Ripper / Back On The Chain Gang / I Bury The Living / When You Open Your Legs / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Spent The Day In Bed / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / The Bullfighter Dies / Hold On To Your Friends / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by Famous when dead.

Last edited:
:lbf::lbf::lbf::lbf: Yes they do! I understand both sides. For most of us that really love Morrissey we may only ever get one shot at meeting him, especially in an environment where there are not many other fans around so it really is a big deal. I remember the 1st time I met Moz he was sitting in a hotel brasserie with just Alain Whyte and really my friend and I had no business approaching him, but of course when you spot the Moz 'in the flesh' and he is less than 50 meters away from you AND there is no one else around logic and reason go out the window. We approached as respectfully and gingerly as we could and Moz would've been well within his rights to tell us to take a hike. However he was more than amiable and we got probably a good 10 to 15 minutes chatting to him and Alain about everything under the sun.

How would I have felt had he refused us? Probably disillusioned and I might have entertained some 'screw you' type thoughts/emotions. I understand the disappointment but then I wonder to myself, what must it be like to be constantly approached in airports, bars, restaurants, walking up the street etc? How does that wear you down over so many decades? It really does lend itself to the ole saying 'walk a mile in someone's shoes' and I suggest that none of us can bear any type of similar testimony to what living with that type of fame must be like.
I get it. I'm reclusive to an extreme degree most of the time. Probably due to bartending and having to be "on" so much. I've had 15 minutes of local fame before, having played shows and participating in open mic readings. It was always completely weird and uncomfortable being approached outside of those events by people wanting to talk "art." I'd usually just mumble "It's all a bunch of words/music, innit?" and try to escape as quickly as possible.

Great experience on your end though! You must have caught him in a good mood.

What do you think they give those HIV patients and what does their "medicine" contain?
There is no cancer and it's only a project name for something that is caused by fungus overgrowth inside the body. When I called the skin center and told them we used baking soda and coconut oil on a skin cancer growth I expected the nurse to protest and send me a tinfoil hat to wear but NO she said in her cute little nurse voice that a lot of patients did the same and it worked a charm.
You are like the others about to die who choose to believe in white coats when in your private life you trust no one. They cure symptoms not the root of the problem cause that brings in the big cash.
Like I said before you choose yourself.

I guess in the end it really doesn't matter what we choose to believe, because death is always there waiting for us. You can decide to use soda and coconut oil, and I will explore all options that I feel are proven to work whether the person offering these options is wearing a white coat or not.

To each their own. To bring it back to point the same with Morrissey's music. Some people love the current set list and other don't. That is life's true test after all. Are we capable of seeing and respecting others views towards their own thoughts and feelings. In the greater scheme of things, we are not of any one state or country, but citizens of the earth, and to be open minded is a necessity to be carried with us over the short time we have here if we ever expect to find true peace.

Last edited:
I guess in the end it really doesn't matter what we choose to believe, because death is always there waiting for us. You can decide to use soda and coconut oil, and I will explore all options that I feel are proven to work whether the person offering these options is wearing a white coat or not.

To each their own. To bring it back to point the same with Morrissey's music. Some people love the current set list and other don't. That is life's true test after all. Are we capable of seeing and respecting others views towards their own thoughts and feelings. In the greater scheme of things, we are not of any one state or country, but citizens of the earth, and to be open minded is a necessity to be carried with us over the short years of our lives if we ever expect to find true peace.
People need to take their supplement and not their meds is all. Watch a smoker and how the smoking eats up the vitamin c so they get wrinkles around the mouth. People who drink alcohol and eat sugar and wake up dry all over from those things eating up the vitamin c they need.
From then on it is all downhill.

Yes as well as snorting coke off his cars dashboard and jacking off at the side of the road when he pulls up some teenage girls for speeding. How do you even prepare for a scene like that? :lbf:
Just flip the switch and go. All actors prefer to play the bad guys.

Let’s not offer him a crutch for his poor behaviour. He’s not on the spectrum. ...and suggesting that he is promotes a distinct disservice to the many fantastic and functional folks who are. The greater probability here is that Morrissey’s just a bitter, narcissistic, washed-up, has-been goof.
You have no way of knowing with certainty that he isn't, just as I have no way of knowing with certainty that he is. Please spare me the 'it hurts the people who are really affected' line, because I live with them every day of the week and I know what I'm talking about. And by the way, narcissism is a personality disorder - ie not just somebody who is a bit self-centred.

You can only try for so long to be accepted. Once you realise that you really have no say in the matter, it hurts at first but it is also a license to do as you please. It is also a way of taking ownership of your isolation by giving people good reason to demote you to a level of 'unworthiness' by your own actions rather than simply through the role they have allocated you. I think this is what Morrissey does.

People need to take their supplement and not their meds is all. Watch a smoker and how the smoking eats up the vitamin c so they get wrinkles around the mouth. People who drink alcohol and eat sugar and wake up dry all over from those things eating up the vitamin c they need.
From then on it is all downhill.

No smoking cigars, alcohol, and sugar! To hell you say ;) You must live a very healthy lifestyle and good for you for that. Truly impressive. I myself love what this world has to offer. We spend so little time here, and life to me is meant to be lived and enjoyed as I don't plan to be here forever.

We can choose to live our lives in different ways, but I find it difficult to judge others for their choices. When choices affect others than I am concerned, but who are we to decide what is right or wrong for someone else? Love and life is a many splendored thing. So much to enjoy and embrace about this wondrous world.

I try to keep all things in moderation and maybe you could benefit from that as well. I can't imagine a vegan, dry, sugar free, non-smoking individual not going ballistic at some point! I am sure they exist, and if they do...they are here for sure ;)

Last edited:
No smoking cigars, alcohol, and sugar! To hell you say ;) You must live a very healthy lifestyle and good for you for that. Truly impressive. I myself love what this world has to offer. We spend so little time here, and life to me is meant to be lived and enjoyed as I don't plan to be here forever.

We can choose to live our lives in different ways, but I find it difficult to judge others for their choices. When choices affect others than I am concerned, but who are we to decide what is right or wrong for someone else? Love and life is a many splendored thing. So much to enjoy and embrace about this wondrous world.

I try to keep all things in moderation and maybe you could benefit from that as well. I can't imagine a vegan, dry, sugar free, non-smoking individual not going ballistic at some point! I am sure they exist, and if they do...they are here for sure ;)
There's no doubt that clean living makes me feel better in body and soul. For six days a week I'm strictly vegan and eat raw foods. I also exercise and refrain from vaping and drinking.....by Friday I feel wonderful enough to demolish it all and get wrecked and alsoeat what I want. I have to let rip every week or I'd just go mad. My 'natural setting' is towards self destruction but I realise it has to be tempered. I thin in my own skewed way I manage to achieve moderation. Drink is a drug and I don't like to take half measures... it's like a heroin addict only shooting up responibly...not going to happen.

There's no doubt that clean living makes me feel better in body and soul. For six days a week I'm strictly vegan and eat raw foods. I also exercise and refrain from vaping and drinking.....by Friday I feel wonderful enough to demolish it all and get wrecked and alsoeat what I want. I have to let rip every week or I'd just go mad. My 'natural setting' is towards self destruction but I realise it has to be tempered. I thin in my own skewed way I manage to achieve moderation. Drink is a drug and I don't like to take half measures... it's like a heroin addict only shooting up responibly...not going to happen.

If this is what works for you, then that is great. There is no one right way to live. Are you present in you life? Do you feel regretful over the way you are living? Both important questions to ask of yourself. I myself struggle with the answers to these questions.

There is everything right with clean living, whatever that means, but if you don't get a little dirty there is nothing to clean...no?

giphy.gif

Last edited:
If this is what works for you, than that is great. There is no one right way to live. Are you present in you life? Do you feel regretful over the way you are living? All important questions to ask of yourself. I myself struggle with the answers to these questions.

There is everything right with clean living, whatever that means, but if you don't get a little dirty there is nothing to clean...no?

giphy.gif
Thanks evennow. It's probably not a model of how to live but having laboured for years to find what suits I believe it's the only realistic way I can conduct myself. For me, diet is crucial, it's a hackneyed phrase but you are what you eat. Regular fasting also does more for my depression than any anti-depressant.... and yes, I am present in my life...I feel everything very keenly and fully.

Thanks evennow. It's probably not a model of how to live but having laboured for years to find what suits I believe it's the only realistic way I can conduct myself. For me, diet is crucial, it's a hackneyed phrase but you are what you eat. Regular fasting also does more for my depression than any anti-depressant.... and yes, I am present in my life...I feel everything very keenly and fully.

Good for you! Laboring is honest work that keeps one's mind strong and on task, and makes you a better person. If I am what I eat, then I am in trouble! :)

I'm simply speculating, with the advantage of first-hand knowledge, as several members of my family have AS disorders. We're all speculating here. Why do I have to be asked to do so? And why is this such a terrible suggestion? I'm not insulting him. It's a feasible explanation for what appears to be quite rude, anti-social behavior. Would you rather I just called him a self-centered prick, as others have done?

First off, Asperger's is not a currently recognized condition. Secondly, Autism spectrum disorders are not subtle. Maybe relative to savants, but not in routine diagnosis. Autism is a full body disorder, not a personality type. There's more to Autism than being eccentric, or callous in your judgement, and resembling the traits of a sociopath.

This type of random diagnosis has happened with every new mainstream condition: Depression, ADHD, and now autism.

If Morrissey is to be diagnosed with anything, it would be closer to a personality disorder which overlaps with some traits of autism, but lacks the social retardation. If anything, someone with a personality disorder is very attune to social cues, and seeks to exploit them.

Either way, whether you have a personality disorder, or you're autistic, you're basically hell for other people. Someone should pray for you.

You can only try for so long to be accepted. Once you realise that you really have no say in the matter, it hurts at first but it is also a license to do as you please. It is also a way of taking ownership of your isolation by giving people good reason to demote you to a level of 'unworthiness' by your own actions rather than simply through the role they have allocated you. I think this is what Morrissey does.

True, but I think Morrissey knew he wasn't accepted in grade school upon realizing that he had feelings for other boys, and that would forever put him on the fringes.

But it's that experience that makes me sad that he can't empathize with others who are in a similar situation; regardless of their sexuality, or nationality.

Morrissey appears to have adsorbed much of the macho bullying that he was subjected to; albeit in diminished form. He thinks this is how you appear strong, when, in reality, it only makes you you only appear scared, and weak.

Morrissey is known for being effeminate, and I think much of his contrary callousness can be attributed to wanting to appear strong in the way his detractors appear to be strong: Like the 70's punks. Reject them, before they reject you, and you'll never feel rejected.

He even highlights incidences in his early childhood when a friend's mothers made it a point to say, "Don't hang around him. He's bad news"

Still he doesn't seem to have much to say about LGBT rights because he's Morrissey first, gay second, and openly sexually ambiguous until his Catholic mother dies.

In other words, he's a coward appearing defiant but risking nothing.

My biggest disappointment in Morrissey is that he doesn't come across as a strong person. He comes across as someone afraid to be who he truly is, and at this point in history that's the weakest thing you can be.

First off, Asperger's is not a currently recognized condition. Secondly, Autism spectrum disorders are not subtle. Maybe relative to savants, but not in routine diagnosis. Autism is a full body disorder, not a personality type. There's more to Autism than being eccentric, or callous in your judgement, and resembling the traits of a sociopath.

This type of random diagnosis has happened with every new mainstream condition: Depression, ADHD, and now autism.

If Morrissey is to be diagnosed with anything, it would be closer to a personality disorder which overlaps with some traits of autism, but lacks the social retardation. If anything, someone with a personality disorder is very attune to social cues, and seeks to exploit them.

Either way, whether you have a personality disorder, or you're autistic, you're basically hell for other people. Someone should pray for you.
You are talking rubbish. Asperger's is a recognised neurodevelopmental condition as defined in ICD10 (in the UK, Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders) and in the US, DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders). But any mental health professional, paediatrician or teacher could tell you that.

It's called a spectrum. The clue is in the name. That means there are varying degrees of severity, and varying types of presentation. I don't need you to tell me what you've just learned on Wikipedia. I have spent 10 years meeting dozens of different consultants and reading about the subject on account of my son, and many more decades living with it with other family members. Likewise with ADHD, something else you seem a bit clueless about.

Now off you toddle and next time do a little more Googling before you embarrass yourself.

twats like Hugh and others who pretend to tell Moz how to think, yet follow him around like a puppy dog, going to every gig and even following Moz's bus from place to place suffer from asperger, autism and many other mental disorders. thats why they are on the :banned: list, along with those who are nuts who run and moderate his 'fan site'. How in f*** can you be an expert in every aspect of the life of someone you constantly refer to as a vile racist LOL, unless you yourself are:crazy:.

what are they singing we all hate leeds for? FC arent united and have never played Leeds.

Self publicists who wouldnt be out of place on here.
Cause they are Man United fans and follow both FC United and Man United. Thing is Leeds is hated by everyone except their own fans.

Hi, cannot believe some comments.

I was there and didn't witness any trouble inside, however, was involved with an idiot afterwards who pushed my wife aside in the pub. Luckily there were enough people to stop is escalating.

As for the gig, it was a poorer one. I have been to many, from the first ever wolves (great), Hartlepool (awful), Manchester (great), this was average - the set list was not great, and a song about munich, while not bothering me too much, was probably not the right city, considering the real hatred between the football followers.

The venue was, well, rubbish. I won't be going back any time soon. Morrissey needs small venues, 2000 max, just doesn't work in a big place like that. (but worked in Manchester? maybe the layout of the arena?)

as for sold out. I would say no. we were quite high up in the seating and saw so many spaces below us, so walked down and went in to lower seats and had a great view.

would I go and see Morrissey again? of course! would I go to the leeds arena again? probably not.

how soon is now was amazing, the highlight.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom