LATEST OUTRAGE: Islamic savage terror-loving barbarians score a victory against Russia's gays

• Thread starter Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade
  • Start date
T

Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade

The Theo van Gogh Martyrs Brigade recently posted an article about how the biggest Muslim leader in all of Russia threatened gay Russians with violence if they went forward with a pride march marking the 13th anniversary of the decriminalization of homosexuality in the post-commie-pig era.

That posting is here: http://www.morrissey-solo.com/discuss/index.cgi?noframes;read=308848

Excerpt:
======
On Tuesday Chief Russian Mufti Talgat Tajuddin said gays could be killed if they go ahead.

"Muslims’ protests can be even worse than these notorious rallies abroad over the scandalous cartoons," Tajuddin, of Russia’s Central Spiritual Governance for Muslims, told ;the Interfax news agency.

"The parade should not be allowed, and if they still come out into the streets, then they should be bashed."
======

Islamic-fascists are using the rampaging-lunatic protests of the Danish cartoons as a threat. They seek to force the world to submit to their Allah guy more and more. They seek to bully us into silence and force us to obey.

And they have scored a victory.....

----------------

http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/article345947.ece

Plans to stage Russia's first gay pride parade have been vetoed by Moscow's city government on the grounds that the idea has caused "outrage" in society.

Mayor Yuri Luzhkov's administration said yesterday it would not even consider an application for a parade, prompting Russia's gay community to threaten legal action in the European Court of Human Rights.

Earlier this week Chief Mufti Talgat Tadzhuddin warned that Russia's Muslims would stage violent protests if the march went ahead. "If they come out on to the streets anyway they should be flogged. Any normal person would do that - Muslims and Orthodox Christians alike ... [The protests] might be even more intense than protests abroad against those controversial cartoons."

The cleric said the Koran taught that homosexuals should be killed because their lifestyle spells the extinction of the human race and said that gays had no human rights.

In the Communist era Russian homosexuals were jailed for five years and their "condition" was classed as a mental disorder.

------------------

Nazism, Communism, and Islamic-fascism: The three plagues of this earth!

Political commentator Andrew Sullivan (who happens to be gay) chimes in:

======
The world has been terrorized for decades now by murderers who specifically cite Muhammad as their inspiration. It is completely legitimate speech to point that out. Not to point it out - to remain silent in the face of it - is an act of denial.The reason that so many Muslims are offended is not just because any depiction of Muhammad is taboo; but because the conflation of Islam and murder is now firmly fixed in the global consciousness. I can understand why the repetition of that fact should upset many peace-loving Muslims. But that is not the fault of cartoonists. It's the fault of the Muslim terrorists, and the failure of mainstream Muslims to condemn them sufficiently, ostracize them completely, and prevent them effectively from further mayhem. At this point, in my judgment, further appeasement of these religious terrorists is counter-productive - and actually enables the extremists in their simultaneous intimidation of moderate Muslims.
======

Yup. And so crumbles the arguments of the spineless who were saying the Danes should censor what they draw so as not to "provoke" the barbarians.

Sullivan continues: "Should gay people censor themselves to avoid offending others? Should women who object to the brutal subjugation of half the human race in many Islamic societies silence themselves?.... After all, Islam is very clear about the fate of homosexuals and the role of women. But self-censorship is a slippery slope. Practising it after acts of mass murder runs a real risk of inviting more of them. As ACT-UP used to say, "Silence = Death." Which is why the Islamists want as much silence as possible."

What's that? Do I hear martyr Theo van Gogh saying "I told you so" from his grave?

HaHa Danish PM Fogh Rasmussen zings Sweden's Social Democrats! He also agrees that Theo is a martyr!

One Swedish commentator, Johan Norberg, called it "cowardly treason" against Swedish values when "instead of informing Muslim representatives in the Middle East about freedom of the press, and why threats and collective punishments are wrong, the priority of the Swedish foreign ministry has been to inform them that the cartoons weren´t published in Sweden, but in Denmark (and by implication that they should threaten and boycott Danes rather than Swedes)."

As I am half Swedish, it pains me.

The superior Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen was recently interviewed:

======
SPIEGEL: Haven't you also made mistakes?

Fogh Rasmussen: I do not think that we could have done anything differently. Even now there is still a rumor that the government refused to meet with a delegation of 11 Islamic ambassadors. That's not true. Foreign Minister Per Stig Møller met with them way back in November. This is normal. However, the ambassadors demanded that I take legal action against the paper. And I advised them that a democratic Danish government could not and would not do that.

SPIEGEL: Then why did your Swedish colleague Goran Persson criticize you and say he would have never underestimated such a situation?

Fogh Rasmussen: First, he is not in my situation. Second, I would never get involved in any domestic issue in Sweden. And third, I am especially honored to be attacked by the Swedish Social Democrats -- it is a sign that our policies are the correct ones.
======

Woo! Zing-pow!

Continues:

======
SPIEGEL: Two years ago, when you awarded a Freedom Prize to the Dutch screenwriter of "Submission," a film by Theo van Gogh that was criticized by Muslims, you met with representatives from various foreign organizations. Why did you react differently this time?

Fogh Rasmussen: At the time it was not about religion but rather integration -- about immigration and asylum policies. Even then there were significant differences of opinion between religious and political representatives. But some religious leaders have two faces -- in English or Danish they send messages of understanding, but in Arabic they do the opposite. There are even fake drawings circulating through the Islamic world that were never published in Denmark. This is not in the interest of the broad majority of moderate Muslims in Denmark.
======

Some say Theo van Gogh was "asking for it" when he got murdered. Fogh Rasmussen had the intelligence to award Theo's film and its screenwriter Hirsi Ali with the FREEDOM PRIZE.

And yes, Fogh Rasmussen is correct about what two-faced liars those Allah guys can be. Yasser Arafat was infamous for saying one thing in English and something entirely different in Arabic. You gotta watch these Allah guys like a hawk!

Intellectual output from the Islamic world? Just 2 Nobel Prizes in the sciences! A tragedy.

Muslims are 20% of the world's population - 1.4 billion people.

Jews are 0.2% of the world's population - 12 million people.

Muslims have won just 7 Nobel Prizes, and all but two of those are in the highly politicized Peace and Literature categories. Just two in the sciences!
One of their peace prizes is a joke - Yasser Arafat. The Muslim winner of the literature prize was later stabbed and paralyzed by another Muslim because he supported peace between Muslims and Jews.

Now to the Jewish Nobel Prizes. I only am doing this to point out how tragic it is that the Islamic world hasn't gotten out of the dark ages. Hopefully those advancing democracy in the Muslim world will open a better future. For all we know, someone from one of the Muslim countries would've cured cancer by now...if the fundamentalists didn't crush everyone.

Jewish Nobel Winners:

Literature

1910 - Paul Heyse
1927 - Henri Bergson
1958 - Boris Pasternak
1966 - Shmuel Yosef Agnon
1966 - Nelly Sachs
1976 - Saul Bellow
1978 - Isaac Bashevis Singer
1981 - Elias Canetti
1987 - Joseph Brodsky
1991 - Nadine Gordimer
2002 - Imre Kertesz
2005 - Harold Pinter

World Peace

1911 - Alfred Fried
1911 - Tobias Asser
1968 - Rene Cassin
1973 - Henry Kissinger
1978 - Menachem Begin
1986 - Elie Wiesel
1994 - Shimon Peres
1994 - Yitzhak Rabin
1995 - Joseph Rotblat

Chemistry

1905 - Adolph Von Baeyer
1906 - Henri Moissan
1910 - Otto Wallach
1915 - Richard Willstaetter
1918 - Fritz Haber
1943 - George Charles de Hevesy
1961 - Melvin Calvin
1962 - Max Ferdinand Perutz
1972 - William Howard Stein
1972 - C.B. Anfinsen
1977 - Ilya Prigogine
1979 - Herbert Charles Brown
1980 - Paul Berg
1980 - Walter Gilbert
1981 - Ronald Hoffmann
1982 - Aaron Klug
1985 - Herbert A. Hauptman
1985 - Jerome Karle
1986 - Dudley R. Herschbach
1988 - Robert Huber
1989 - Sidney Altman
1992 - Rudolph Marcus
1998 - Walter Kohn
2000 - Alan J. Heeger
2004 - Irwin Rose
2004 - Avram Hershko
2004 - Aaron Ciechanover

Economics

1970 - Paul Anthony Samuelson
1971 - Simon Kuznets
1972 - Kenneth Joseph Arrow
1973 - Wassily Leontief
1975 - Leonid Kantorovich
1976 - Milton Friedman
1978 - Herbert A. Simon
1980 - Lawrence Robert Klein
1985 - Franco Modigliani
1987 - Robert M. Solow
1990 - Harry Markowitz
1990 - Merton Miller
1992 - Gary Becker
1993 Rober Fogel
1994 - John Harsanyi
1994 - Reinhard Selten
1997 - Robert Merton
1997 - Myron Scholes
2001 - George Akerlof
2001 - Joseph Stiglitz
2002 - Daniel Kahneman
2005 - Robert J. Aumann

Medicine

1908 - Elie Metchnikoff
1908 - Paul Erlich
1914 - Robert Barany
1922 - Otto Meyerhof
1930 - Karl Landsteiner
1931 - Otto Warburg
1936 - Otto Loewi
1944 - Joseph Erlanger
1944 - Herbert Spencer Gasser
1945 - Ernst Boris Chain
1946 - Hermann Joseph Muller
1950 - Tadeus Reichstein
1952 - Selman Abraham Waksman
1953 - Hans Krebs
1953 - Fritz Albert Lipmann
1958 - Joshua Lederberg
1959 - Arthur Kornberg
1964 - Konrad Bloch
1965 - Francois Jacob
1965 - Andre Lwoff
1967 - George Wald
1968 - Marshall W. Nirenberg
1969 - Salvador Luria
1970 - Julius Axelrod
1970 - Sir Bernard Katz
1972 - Gerald Maurice Edelman
1975 - David Baltimore
1975 - Howard Martin Temin
1976 - Baruch S. Blumberg
1977 - Rosalyn Sussman Yalow
1977 - Andrew V. Schally
1978 - Daniel Nathans
1980 - Baruj Benacerraf
1984 - Cesar Milstein
1985 - Michael Stuart Brown
1985 - Joseph L. Goldstein
1986 - Stanley Cohen [& Rita Levi-Montalcini]
1988 - Gertrude Elion
1989 - Harold Varmus
1991 - Erwin Neher
1991 - Bert Sakmann
1993 - Richard J. Roberts
1993 - Phillip Sharp
1994 - Alfred Gilman
1994 - Martin Rodbell
1995 - Edward B. Lewis
1997 - Stanley B. Prusiner
1998 - Robert F. Furchgott
2000 - Eric R. Kandel
2002 - Sydney Brenner
2002 - Robert H. Horvitz

Physics

1907 - Albert Abraham Michelson
1908 - Gabriel Lippmann
1921 - Albert Einstein
1922 - Niels Bohr
1925 - James Franck
1925 - Gustav Hertz
1943 - Gustav Stern
1944 - Isidor Issac Rabi
1945 - Wolfgang Pauli
1952 - Felix Bloch
1954 - Max Born
1958 - Igor Tamm
1958 - Il'ja Mikhailovich
1958 - Igor Yevgenyevich
1959 - Emilio Segre
1960 - Donald A. Glaser
1961 - Robert Hofstadter
1962 - Lev Davidovich Landau
1963 - Eugene P. Wigner
1965 - Richard Phillips Feynman
1965 - Julian Schwinger
1967 - Hans Albrecht Bethe
1969 - Murray Gell-Mann
1971 - Dennis Gabor
1972 - Leon N. Cooper
1973 - Brian David Josephson
1975 - Benjamin Mottleson
1976 - Burton Richter
1978 - Arno Allan Penzias
1978 - Peter L Kapitza
1979 - Stephen Weinberg
1979 - Sheldon Glashow
1988 - Leon Lederman
1988 - Melvin Schwartz
1988 - Jack Steinberger
1990 - Jerome Friedman
1992 - Georges Charpak
1995 - Martin Perl
1995 - Frederick Reines
1996 - David M. Lee
1996 - Douglas D. Osheroff
1997 - Claude Cohen-Tannoudji
2000 - Zhores I. Alferov
2003 - Vitaly Ginsburg
2003 - Alexei Abrikosov
2004 - David Gross
2004 - H. David Politzer
2005 - Roy Glauber

LATEST OUTRAGE: Christian war machine nation scores victory against America's gays

Hooray for constitutional bans against gay marriage!

LATEST OUTRAGE: Christian extremists score victory against access to morning after pill

Fertilized eggs are living, breathing human beings!

LATEST OUTRAGE: Christian fanatics win victory in limiting stem cell research

When a 14 year old girl becomes pregnant, she only terminates the pregnancy because she is thinking about high-minded scientific principals and not whether she can feed and clothe this kid.

Kerry: "The President and I have the same position on gay marriage."

> Hooray for constitutional bans against gay marriage!

You're right that that is a black mark, but a most temporary one if you check the opinion polls of the younger generations.

I almost let the gay marriage thing influence my vote, until I saw Kerry in the NY Times state: "The president and I have the same position, fundamentally, on gay marriage. We do. Same position." http://althouse.blogspot.com/2004_10_03_althouse_archive.html#109715504868150129

Well, gee, when he said that I realized it was just one of those sideshow issues both sides were using to manipulate people. So I kept my eye on the ball and stuck with what the election was really about.

It amazes me how much some people try and fear-monger about how America's gonna turn into a theocracy. Yes, there are a few Christians in America who'd love to turn the country into a Christian theocracy, but they're pretty effectively thwarted by something called the First Amendment. Not to mention the backlashes of all the millions of Americans who like somewhat hedonistic lifestyles (like myself). There are as many assaults from puritanical leftists as from the ones on the right, except the ones on the left get much further (bans on smoking, food police, nanny state, etc).

To compare the religious right in America (bad as they can be) with Muslim jihadists just doesn't work. They really are killing gay people in the Muslim world. Palestinian gays flee to Israel, the one place they can live safely.

And since you support the advancement of gay rights in America (it's a hard fight all over the world), I don't see why it's not important to be outraged over what is done to gays by Muslims.

Re: LATEST OUTRAGE: Christian fanatics win victory in limiting stem cell research

The House of Representatives just approved a bill to permit more federal funding for stem cell research. The Senate considers it this year. If they do the wrong thing, or if Bush vetos it, it will be part of the debate in the November elections. All Bush did was limit federal funding until the debate was more settled. On the private front, Harvard is about to break ground on a massive stem cell research center in order to lead the field. Opposing stem cell research is a losing issue for Republicans, and all but the most religious understand that. The consensus of the people is clear. I'm not worried.

Is oppisition to stem cell research any crazier than this?

"We have a lazy, sick society. People bring diseases on themselves. People should avoid getting diseases in the first place." (Dan Mathews, PeTA Spokesman, New York Magazine, November 7, 1994.)

"Don't get diseases in the first place, schmo." (Dan Mathews, PeTA Spokesman, USA Today, July 27, 1994.)

That's their argument on what we should do if animal rights groups end biomedical research. They engage in terrorism against labs, and the president of PeTA has said that if research could find a cure for AIDS that wouldn't justify it.

But again, I ask you - what does all this have to do with Islamic-fascism? To point out that there are religious people in all countries who have nutty views? Well, gee, was it wrong for the world to get worked up over South African apartheid even though every other country has racism problems? Do you pretend to not notice the differences in tactics and degrees? American democracy is messy as hell, as all democracies are. Shit gets worked out though. That's why democracy is needed in the Muslim world! Even if Palestinians will vote for Hamas the first time at the polls!

Re: LATEST OUTRAGE: Christian extremists score victory against access to morning after pill

> Fertilized eggs are living, breathing human beings!

Obviously that's crazy, but at the same time, just as with animal welfare, isn't abortion nevertheless a highly confusing moral issue when you get beyond the general statement that women should have the option and be able to decide it with their doctors? There's a lot of sub-issues in the abortion debates that are hard to work out for the majority of the people outside of special interest groups. Even Bill Clinton said he wanted to find a way to reduce the number of abortions.

I don't believe in a soul, so the general issue on abortion is pretty simple to me - a fetus doesn't impress me as the equivalent of a real person, so of course it's a decision between a woman and her doctor. It only gets difficult when the fetus is further along, or when it's issues like whether teenaged girls should have to notify their parents, etc.

Democrats have been saying my whole life that abortion is about to be made illegal, and it hasn't been. Most law professors understand that Roe v. Wade wasn't a properly decided case, but they're also right that stare decisis is very important and it should probably be left alone after all these years. What Roe did, though, was actually CREATE the religious right movement that we're enduring today, destroy the confirmation process for judges, take the issue out of the hands of the people in their states (where the issue could be settled over time through democracy), and helped Replicans raise zillions of dollars for their campaigns. The little-known secret is that establishment Republicans don't want Roe overturned because the second that happens you'll see Republicans losing all over the country.

Anyway, change the subject all you want - the Islamic-fascist plague is a threat to the whole world and Iran's trying to get nukes. This is heavy duty stuff. Stay in the voter-manipulation sideshows if you like.

The biggest most recent assault on my consititional rights was the Kelo case on eminent domain

That's where some left wing judges re-wrote the constitition to help business interests steal people's HOMES!

Meanwhile, women still have the right to their abortions, and it's easy as can be to get one. Even if Bush wanted to ban abortions, it's not part of his powers.....

Back
Top Bottom